JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love me some Smokey and the Bandit…. I remember jonesing for a black and gold T/A…. Impossible, I was only 17 :(
At some point in the late 90s, my older foster brother owned a tow company and storage yard in ne Portland. At another point, someone either couldn't pay their tow or storage bill, and my stepdad brought home a black 76 firebird with it's original engine in it. He BLASTED that thing from 176th and Powell to the top of larch mountain in Corbett, noting that the engine made a funny noise a couple of times. It had broken a piston and the rod was stuck in the block, and he was still able to run it like that. Don't make them like that any longer.
If I remember correctly, that engine was replaced with a rocket 455.

Last Edited:
It was good enough I bought a growler to take home. So I'm having a Knock Yo Momma Stout Float
20210806_202718.jpg

So a "Growler" size drinker. Being that I am only used to lifting 12 oz at a time. Can I ask?

If you don't finish it all in one go. How do you store it and still manage to keep it fresh?

Aloha, Mark

So a "Growler" size drinker. Being that I am only used to lifting 12 oz at a time. Can I ask?

If you don't finish it all in one go, how do you store it and still keep it fresh?
The growler is the storage vessel.

OK.....I thought that Growler was just a 64 oz unit of measure of goodness. In probably....a cheap and disposable cup.

So then.....is it a bring your own growler/cup thing?

And, I assume at this point that I might have to buy my own reusable growler?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
So then.....is it a bring your own growler/cup thing?

And, I assume at this point that I have to buy my own reusable growler?
Yup...
And it's good practice to have two growlers for every taphouse one frequents, so you never run out.
You can take one to get filled while you're polishing off the other one at home!
Now that's plannin' ahead, eh?

Snipes 003.jpg

Last Edited:
Three fingers of Maker's Mark in a red Solo cup and a bottle of Voodoo Ranger Imperial IP as a chaser. Nice night out on the patio with my dog companions and a good cigar.

Oh... and to echo sobo, what Scotch?

Tinman sold me an excellent JM-marked Marlin 1894-C. Which, while I'm still sippin' on the Maker's, I'll go look at...

But I'd rather look at the accoutrements in the pic Tinman posted where there's allegedly a bottle of fine Scotch depicted...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top