JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I would certainly buy more guns if I was able to afford them without compromising other purchases/etc. that I need more than more guns. But I have somewhere between 35-40 guns now, which is 10+ guns per person in my immediate family, so I don't think I need more.

I am more or less content with what I have - I suppose that is the feeling; contentment.
I got about the same here (34 total), but they're all for just me... As I've said before, I'm a greedy little phuq... :)

And as I've also said bere, the Grand Sobo taught me the difference between a need and a want, but I seem to have lost that lesson nowadays... :rolleyes:

I got about the same here (34 total), but they're all for just me... As I've said before, I'm a greedy little phuq... :)

And as I've also said bere, the Grand Sobo taught me the difference between a need and a want, but I seem to have lost that lesson nowadays... :rolleyes:
LOL, I told my wife I needed a few suppressors.

I just got my third SIG 226 (Mk25) with a .40 conversion kit - I like to have three of any defensive gun, one for each (myself, daughter and SIL).

So I pretty much have everything I want.

Well, maybe - except maybe:

A Thunder Ranch 325 - I passed on one here recently because I was too slow, someone else wisely grabbed it. I have a 329PD and I wanted the same thing in .45 ACP.

A stainless (preferably) bolt/lever action (not semi) .22 WMR and/or .17 mag - maybe a CZ with an extra barrel? I would prefer a carbon fiber barrel though, and the ability to switch barrels. Don't know if that combo exists with a CF barrel.

Glock 17 with a binary trigger slide from Franklin Armory

If I stumbled across a Rossi in .454 or Ruger made one that was less than $1K - especially stainless, I could maybe be tempted. I would like a BHA in .460, not sure it would feed .45LC - but at this point, it is just too expensive, especially since I already have a .45-70

Oh, and maybe a S&W Victory 22?

Yup - that's about it - for now.

I think.

Maybe

View attachment 1155785
Where did you find the .40 conversion kit?

Where did you find the .40 conversion kit?
Previous owner - and I was mistaken. I misread the ad. Here is the original ad:

Apparently it is a .40 Nitron frame and a Mk25 9mm slide.

I got some of my.40 & .22 kits from sellers on SIGTalk, some from online sales (SIG has them every once in a while and there are others that have them).

Last Edited:
Well I would like you all to know I am much stronger than all of you as I have stopped buying guns.

Well at least for today as I just came home with a new one actually a couple hours or so ago, I went into town to get some plastic storage bins to hold some small gun parts and I did, but also came home with an MKE MP5 clone. I have no reason why, it just called my name.

Every time I tell my self I going to stop, I do for a month or two then some how I come home with one or two. I will admit I have sold 4 in the last 6 months but have come home with 6 in the same time frame.

My wife just shakes her head and moves on as she knows I will never stop playing the game.
The first gun is hard to buy, because it has to satisfy many criteria. The first handgun may need to be both EDC and home defense gun. The first rifle may need to be good for everything from rabbits to deer. Once you have a few guns, a prospective new gun only needs to do some single thing better than the guns you have. And it can be quite specialized. And for a gun to do better at anything than the guns you have it often has to cost more.

OldBroad's laws of gun ownership:
1. The more guns you've bought the easier it is to buy more.
2. The more guns you have the more you need.
3. The more money you have spent on guns, the more you're willing to spend.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads