JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we all have a serious problem when it comes to guns.....NONE OF US HAVE ENOUGH!!! you know how many time I've said to my wife this is the last one for a while? She stopped believing me years ago, now.she just smiles and shakes her head
My daughter once asked me what how much all my guns were worth. I am not sure actually - I thought she was asking about my total net worth and answered with a much larger number.

My daughter once asked me what how much all my guns were worth. I am not sure actually - I thought she was asking about my total net worth and answered with a much larger number.
I was showing some co workers last night the joke another member posted of the guy not being able to sleep thinking he had ammo in a closet worth more than the guns in his safe. I kept thinking about that all night, adding up in my head what the ammo I have is work compared to the guns. Almost had to order another safe :D

Well I would like you all to know I am much stronger than all of you as I have stopped buying guns.

Well at least for today as I just came home with a new one actually a couple hours or so ago, I went into town to get some plastic storage bins to hold some small gun parts and I did, but also came home with an MKE MP5 clone. I have no reason why, it just called my name.

Every time I tell my self I going to stop, I do for a month or two then some how I come home with one or two. I will admit I have sold 4 in the last 6 months but have come home with 6 in the same time frame.

My wife just shakes her head and moves on as she knows I will never stop playing the game.

Last Edited:
Well I would like you all to know I am much stronger than all of you as I have stopped buying guns.

Well at least for today as I just came home with a new one actually a couple hours or so ago, I went into town to get some plastic storage bins to hold some small gun parts and I did, but also came home with an MKE MP5 clone. I have no reason why, it just called my name.

Every time I tell my self I going to stop, I do for a month or two then some how come I home with one or two. I will admit I have sold 4 in the last 6 months but have come home with 6 in the same time frame.

My wife just shakes her head and moves on as she knows I will never stop playing the game.
When I head out to do something that has NOTHING to do with gun shopping and end up coming home with another gun? I swear to the Wife that it followed me home and I have no idea where it came from. :D

I very rarely rarely sell a gun.

I think in the last ~2 years I have sold two - a SIG (yes, I sold one of my SIGs! :eek: - because, IIRC, it didn't have a rail) and my AR50 (because I had no place to shoot a .50 BMG rifle). Other than that, I think I sold a Marlin 1895 sometime in the last 7 years because I wanted a shorter barrel 1895 and I got one. I don't recall selling any others, but I might have.

In the past ten years I have probably bought 25+ guns, mostly in the last 7 years, but that tapered off quite a bit the last couple of years. This year, I think I have only bought two.

i bought/sold over 100 guns in the past 5 years. at least a couple dozen in the house right now. garage looks like a dang armory.

not a collector, not a single gun i've ever owned is a "keeper". so many guns, so little time. :s0085::s0041:

I think we all have a serious problem when it comes to guns.....NONE OF US HAVE ENOUGH!!! you know how many time I've said to my wife this is the last one for a while? She stopped believing me years ago, now.she just smiles and shakes her head
The wife and I have an agreement. She can have all the shoes and handbags she wants, and I can have all the guns & ammo I want. Best agreement ever - I'm definitely getting the better end of the deal!

i bought/sold over 100 guns in the past 5 years. at least a couple dozen in the house right now. garage looks like a dang armory.

not a collector, not a single gun i've ever owned is a "keeper". so many guns, so little time. :s0085::s0041:

so many guns, so little time
Jeez how many times I've wanted to say that about females. This might get booted.

For me every thing has recently changed. Got diagnosed with cancer and had two surgeries in a month. Walked out in the garage and opened up
the safes and looked around. At 81 I have to start changing. Gifting, consolidation and selling is likely going to be the answer. I got a bunch of
real good guy friends plus two daughters and a son. They'll get some. The good looking gal I've been with for 48 years is not too interested in
guns so she'll get our 3 home defense guns. I normally don't spill my guts out like this but it seems somewhat on subject for this thread. I can't
predict the future (I would otherwise be very wealthy) and I'm confident I'm somewhat stable. We'll see. So the upshot of all this spillage is that
my gun future has changed with this as I'm trying to do. Carry on . . . . .

For me every thing has recently changed. Got diagnosed with cancer and had two surgeries in a month. Walked out in the garage and opened up
the safes and looked around. At 81 I have to start changing. Gifting, consolidation and selling is likely going to be the answer. I got a bunch of
real good guy friends plus two daughters and a son. They'll get some. The good looking gal I've been with for 48 years is not too interested in
guns so she'll get our 3 home defense guns. I normally don't spill my guts out like this but it seems somewhat on subject for this thread. I can't
predict the future (I would otherwise be very wealthy) and I'm confident I'm somewhat stable. We'll see. So the upshot of all this spillage is that
Good luck to you sir...keep fighting!

I'm moving out of WA state in about two weeks, and let me tell you I had never counted what was in my safe but I was definitly a little surprised. Moving 3300 miles with a collection and plenty of ammo will be no fun.
I understand. I did an inventory a few days ago to confirm I had enough magazines such that the new WA state law would not impact me. I confirmed that. And then I ordered some more. It happens.

Good luck on the cancer, my mom just started a six month chemo-radiation-chemo sandwich.

the safes and looked around. At 81 I have to start changing. Gifting, consolidation and selling is likely going to be the answer.
I lost my dad to cancer, my mom is 83 and a survivor. I wish the best for you keep fighting. I told myself when I turn 80 I will begin to gift my guns away. I don't have anyone to inherit them but I wont need to make money on them by then either, I want them to go somewhere appreciated I'm hoping to find some young person who could use and appreciate them, they will come with a note of their history. I don't have many so the ones that make it with me till 80 will all be used and have stories to tell.

I lost my dad to cancer, my mom is 83 and a survivor. I wish the best for you keep fighting. I told myself when I turn 80 I will begin to gift my guns away. I don't have anyone to inherit them but I wont need to make money on them by then either, I want them to go somewhere appreciated I'm hoping to find some young person who could use and appreciate them, they will come with a note of their history. I don't have many so the ones that make it with me till 80 will all be used and have stories to tell.
I respect you my friend. I had a older gentleman I was good friends with that wanted me to take his guns and his corvette when he got sick with cancer and I just couldn't do it. His ungrateful son got everything when he died and sold it for penny's on the dollar....looking back I should have respected my friends wishes

Thanks for sharing, oldest brother is 62 and let me know today he has cancer.
You never know, all the best to you 👍

I respect you my friend. I had a older gentleman I was good friends with that wanted me to take his guns and his corvette when he got sick with cancer and I just couldn't do it. His ungrateful son got everything when he died and sold it for penny's on the dollar....looking back I should have respected my friends wishes
That wouldnt be an easy decision I hear ya. Many time crossroads in life are not easy to choose, I'm not certain there is a best answer just different paths to different places.

I just got my third SIG 226 (Mk25) with a .40 conversion kit - I like to have three of any defensive gun, one for each (myself, daughter and SIL).

So I pretty much have everything I want.

Well, maybe - except maybe:

A Thunder Ranch 325 - I passed on one here recently because I was too slow, someone else wisely grabbed it. I have a 329PD and I wanted the same thing in .45 ACP.

A stainless (preferably) bolt/lever action (not semi) .22 WMR and/or .17 mag - maybe a CZ with an extra barrel? I would prefer a carbon fiber barrel though, and the ability to switch barrels. Don't know if that combo exists with a CF barrel.

Glock 17 with a binary trigger slide from Franklin Armory

If I stumbled across a Rossi in .454 or Ruger made one that was less than $1K - especially stainless, I could maybe be tempted. I would like a BHA in .460, not sure it would feed .45LC - but at this point, it is just too expensive, especially since I already have a .45-70

Oh, and maybe a S&W Victory 22?

Yup - that's about it - for now.

I think.

Maybe

View attachment 1155785
If you could just narrow it down to say....25 or less :s0112: :s0112: :s0085: :s0085:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top