JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Piezoelectric ?
Uh, let me get this straight.... o_O

I would have to hold a Bic under the element to generate enough electricity to create a spark to set off the powder...:rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone has tried a Solar Panel yet? Kaulafornia approved for sure. :p

It can't. The magazines orientation. due to being made for a forward canted pistol magwell, would interfere with operation of the lever.
While this is true for this design, there have been others.

1672768406468.png

Piezoelectric ?
Uh, let me get this straight.... o_O

I would have to hold a Bic under the element to generate enough electricity to create a spark to set off the powder...:rolleyes:
No, squeeze a crystal, it produces a spark, like on a barbeque or a clicky type lighter. Totally seriously, it could be done...I know, I know, but why?
Same reason for a lever action 9mm...

Yeah, but convenience of having a pistol that shares ammo and popularity doesn't really mean practical.
True but not everyone shoots or owns guns out of a sense of 'practicality'.

Like I have said many times a lot own guns as a sport, hobby with self defense use a consideration, but not a priority, and find sharing calibers with rifle/pistol to be practical in the sporting (and reloading) sense.

On the flip side however I would not consider a .30-30 handgun 'cool' - kind of dumb actually.

Behold the TC encore! Which is chambered in some wrist breakers of caliber as a pistol.
In the SS varieties such as the Encore & Contender then I DO see a practicality in the 'sporting' sense. As 'dumb' I was thinking of some of the rifle caliber revolvers I have seen over the years.

I once considered a Contender and a couple calibers but never did it.

Last Edited:
Looks like another work-around for places where AR's are a no-no. Like the Remington Model 760 derivative with black plastic furniture in .223 that took AR-15 magazines.

On a practical level, I don't see a lot of use for it. Especially in 9mm. A niche product for sure.

Sometimes an interesting yet unconventional design comes along, doesn't sell well and subsequently goes away. Only to become quite valuable later. Example, the Winchester Model 9410. Which at least had wood furniture and a nice blue job. I'm not declaring that the Tombstone 9mm will be one such but you never know.

If it was $500 I would consider it - I like to have "politically correct" (lever, bolt/etc. & revolvers) guns in defensive calibers (9mm, 10mm/.40, .45 - .5.56 & 7.62) - I've got about half that covered (lever & bolt) and a revolver in .45 ACP. I have enough lever actions, so I am more likely wanting a revolver for the semi-auto pistol cartridges than a rifle.

That thing is uglier than a hi point strapped to the hood of a Pontiac Aztec.

I know some whitetail deer, a possibly rabid skunk, etc., who would argue for the practicality of my Marlin 1894 in .357 mag, but they're all dead.

Someone should be punished for that.

Gollly it even has a barrel long enough to where it starts to slow down the projectile.

Brilliant.

Upcoming Events

Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top