JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(The hive minded, fully propagandized by our media) Americans are so pathetic - don't they remember previous song and dances about the budget ceiling BS?

Just a way of manipulating the herd and scaring them so they will be fine with debt and further decline of our corporate state while Joe Public suffers more and more (hidden tax) inflation. Which hasn't even really got started yet.

Let's enrich our corporate masters, incl the pharm's trillions and maybe send one of the most corrupt countries on the planet another 100+ billion and a fleet of F16s.

Don't get me wrong. Fine and dandy with Gov't printing like a buzzsaw. Another 30 trillion, why not?, go for it.

I'm old, so please, kick the can further down the road so I can die in relative peace. Leave Gen Z what is left. A failed dystopian future of slavery and servitude.

(The hive minded, fully propagandized by our media) Americans are so pathetic - don't they remember previous song and dances about the budget ceiling BS?

Just a way of manipulating the herd and scaring them so they will be fine with debt and further decline of our corporate state while Joe Public suffers more and more (hidden tax) inflation. Which hasn't even really got started yet.

Let's enrich our corporate masters, incl the pharm's trillions and maybe send one of the most corrupt countries on the planet another 100+ billion and a fleet of F16s.

Don't get me wrong. Fine and dandy with Gov't printing like a buzzsaw. Another 30 trillion, why not?, go for it.

I'm old, so please, kick the can further down the road so I can die in relative peace. Leave Gen Z what is left. A failed dystopian future of slavery and servitude.
Right, everybody is a sucka except raging edgelords.

Any tips and tricks on how you will weather the storm?
LOL...trust in HIM.

1684948824489.png

Awwww.......Come On Man.
I ain't GOD.

Is that you Brandon?
And BTW.....
"EXACTLY"

Aloha, Mark

1684948993290.png

BUT, But, but......since this is a firearms forum.
1684949200827.png

Last Edited:
Tens of trillions of dollars…

They're in charge of the printing machines…
I may not be correct but in my feeble understanding the Fed controls the interest rates and is supposed to stop government from printing trillions of dollars.

I wonder how it is our corrupt government prints and spends trillions it doesn't have and the fed keeps interest rates so low it makes it easy for the corrupt to print.?

Where did the $33+ trillion go?

I've got business idea, but I'm honestly thinking now is basically the worst possible time to start? Should I wait a bit more?
"Depends". Most small businesses fail. They have a plethora of reasons, for failure. If it's a hobby business, or one where you can continue working your day job and maintain a normal income, then now is a fantastic time.

If it's one where you plan on not working a normal job with an income, consider the following:
1) How much is your time worth?
2) How long will it take to make a profit?
3) How long will it take for you to earn an income?
4) How long can you go without a normal income?

If you can't realistically survive an entire year without earning money off of the business, I would seriously reconsider. The above does not take into account if you're business idea is even viable from a financial standpoint.

It'll be more of a hobby thing/seasonal thing but the idea is basically a mobile nylon equipment repair/custom sewing shop based out of a small trailer, or a box van (more likely a box van or small rv/bus, simply due to being able to keep and drive vehicles separately, if the trailer requires registration and plates, I think Oregon does that.)
It's a long term idea, one that would likely be necessary should the next place we move to, not have the space for the sewing gear in addition to the family members. I do get supplemental income from my brother's resale business; and so far we have been okay with Disability benefits and such but it's kinda getting to the point where it might be necessary to actually get more commissions and such for gear.

This would be the absolute minimum in a 5-6ft wide, 8-10 ft long enclosed utility trailer with the triangle nose

20230524_171822.jpg 20230524_171737.jpg 20230524_171733.jpg

I'd be more likely to use this as a starting point, a 10-12 ft box van cutaway

60557db681f51608693663de_GMC-SAVANNA-3500-Rockport-14-P700.png

Edit. There is a guy out in NC who has a similar thing but he does his sewing out in the open (slide out table) for the boating communities, a d there's another guy who did a 12ft trailer setup for a mobile upholstery repair/shop. Seems it's a potentially viable thing for say, gun ranges, gun shops, shooting competition, airsoft (agh) games, gun shows maybe, and defensive carbine courses.

It'll be more of a hobby thing/seasonal thing but the idea is basically a mobile nylon equipment repair/custom sewing shop based out of a small trailer, or a box van (more likely a box van or small rv/bus, simply due to being able to keep and drive vehicles separately, if the trailer requires registration and plates, I think Oregon does that.)
It's a long term idea, one that would likely be necessary should the next place we move to, not have the space for the sewing gear in addition to the family members. I do get supplemental income from my brother's resale business; and so far we have been okay with Disability benefits and such but it's kinda getting to the point where it might be necessary to actually get more commissions and such for gear.

This would be the absolute minimum in a 5-6ft wide, 8-10 ft long enclosed utility trailer with the triangle nose

View attachment 1427201View attachment 1427202View attachment 1427203

I'd be more likely to use this as a starting point, a 10-12 ft box van cutaway

View attachment 1427204
For starting, I would not build out a truck, I would first use the space that you have as it won't cost you anything extra. If you have cash to throw, most importantly cash that is ok to go into the ether, then you can build out, but I would try to refrain from spending money that wasn't earned from the company.

If your business idea is viable, and your company makes money, I would keep what you can in the business and invest from there. Unless you can afford it, I would not use any savings or take a loan.

Keep in mind, we're also likely on the verge of a recession. In not so recent posts, there are multiple members feeling the pinch of inflation.

Yeah, that's why I'm focusing on at home sewing right now. I have pretty much everything needed here, just in case I need more space and the next place when we move out of State, if that doesn't have the space for the sewing gear... so. Part of me is like if I buy/finance a box van for moving, it can be turned into a sewing shop after the move if necessary. Again, little long term because we're just waiting for my dad to pass in peace, he's currently 81 and fighting cancer; so we're staying in Oregon until then. Edit. We'll see if this is a viable thing from home first. If it builds up and is consistent; then that's a consideration for when we move. If it stagnate and fails to grow in this economy; that's another consideration. Since it is related to guns and such... (magazine carriers, chest rigs, equipment for that, possibly even concealed SBR bags and the like).. I think it's more viable than painting or drawing naked ladies. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I've got business idea, but I'm honestly thinking now is basically the worst possible time to start? Should I wait a bit more?
The other guys are giving great insight so the best I can offer is know your market before you take the step.

I buy my leather gear from a guy back in the south, he makes high quality cowboy gear that is very useful. He is limited by what he makes.

Your idea opens a big market for you but there is a lot of competition from China and Vietnam. You can make great sales because you can personalize your product.

You can make gear for gun guys or bicycle guys or guys that ski, most any sport. Keeping your cost down during shortages or fuel prices will be a problem so learn how to use the tax system if you want to survive. Learn what is a business deduction, there are a bunch that can make your business work.

Yeah, that's why I'm focusing on at home sewing right now. I have pretty much everything needed here, just in case I need more space and the next place when we move out of State, if that doesn't have the space for the sewing gear... so. Part of me is like if I buy/finance a box van for moving, it can be turned into a sewing shop after the move if necessary. Again, little long term because we're just waiting for my dad to pass in peace, he's currently 81 and fighting cancer; so we're staying in Oregon until then.
If you have a business you can take moving expenses off your taxes.

Yeah, that's why I'm focusing on at home sewing right now. I have pretty much everything needed here, just in case I need more space and the next place when we move out of State, if that doesn't have the space for the sewing gear... so. Part of me is like if I buy/finance a box van for moving, it can be turned into a sewing shop after the move if necessary. Again, little long term because we're just waiting for my dad to pass in peace, he's currently 81 and fighting cancer; so we're staying in Oregon until then.
I'd also think about why you would want it to be mobile. If it doesn't help you make sales or do your work, it's just another thing to maintain, insure and register. Especially with small businesses, keep your expenditures as low as you can.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews