JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should a home defense pistol have a light on it?

• Absolutely! A pistol with no light is like peanut butter with no jelly.

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • No way! My stealth ninja skills work better in the dark.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Get a good flashlight. If it's big enough, you can use it as a club.

Votes: 41 44.1%

• Total voters
What attitude?

What attitude, dude?

That if you go somewhere dark, with no light, you need to be able to see? That attitude?

That's a good attitude. Can't see, make light. Can't see, make light.

What attitude?

What attitude, dude?

That if you go somewhere dark, with no light, you need to be able to see? That attitude?

That's a good attitude. Can't see, make light. Can't see, make light.

I can't believe the ramble. With your twisted, incongruous thinking, you're going to get someone killed.

"He who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -John Dana

Crazy for thinking you should have a flash light to see in the dark?

Crazy for thinking someone with a gun should see what they're looking at?

You've gone off the bubbleguming deep end.

I don't know who you are or where you came from, or where you get the gall to act like you could teach something to anyone, but I'm finished with your uneducated detached ramblings.

Finished. :s0155:

I think they look really cool! :s0155: :s0114:

And quite fashionable!

You guys are getting off-topic again. :)

21131copy.jpg

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again......?

By the way, her TLR is upside down.

You guys don't pay me enough for my photoshop work to get good work. I just grabbed the first pic of a TLR I could find, chopped it and spun it around and resized it so I could put it there. I made it big so it would stand out. Even turning the light yellow is sloppy.

If you give me a raise, I'll spend more time next time. :)

I even had to fix the cropped off lens eyebrow and darken the whole thing to match the gun. Five minutes, tops, no kidding. :)

I started with this.

streamlight_TLR_2.jpg

I was trained to hold the flashlight out to the side at arm's length, to mislead the perp as to my body's actual position. I'd still do it that way, so no lights on my weapons.

Max
Former LEO

Guess it comes down to what you are most comfortable with and how you were trained. I was trained to shoot using the Harries technique of hand over left wrist but I have come to appreciate weapon mounted lights as they free up your hand to get a better grip or open doors etc. Many police agencies now issue weapons with mounted lights and there are holsters to accomodate them. I know Milwaukie PD does and I've seen many Clackamas County Deputies using similar rigs. Me and the wife like my Beretta M9 with M3 light combo and I might add some lasergrips to it as she likes the laser whereas I am still old fashioned in lining up the sights. :) This old dog can occasionally learn a few new tricks though if they work better than the old tricks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top