JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks stomper. I thought about that. But then also thought, they might think it was a new box and they ended up costing us a lot more..... If I leave the weld, it may be a reminder to them, that hey, we can come back from anything your throw at us, but maybe this time we'll catch your azzes on camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Thanks stomper. I thought about that. But then also thought, they might think it was a new box and they ended up costing us a lot more..... If I leave the weld, it may be a reminder to them, that hey, we can come back from anything your throw at us, but maybe this time we'll catch your azzes on camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear ya, but vandals don't think like that... those welds would still be a trophy for them. It's like graffiti, you can't just erase part of it... ;)

Hear ya, but vandals don't think like that... those welds would still be a trophy for them. It's like graffiti, you can't just erase part of it... ;)

I like your idea my friend. I can easily erase the damage. Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject??? I can go either way and do know how to use a grinder and body filler...:p

Ha ha....:D Well, I need to go out and change the oil pan gasket on my son's "new to him" Honda accord. Or should I say, teach him to change it himself.... What are dad's for right? :D. You guys vote for what I should do on the box. Make it like new and grind the weld down or leave it as is.... When I check back on this thread, that is when I'll make the decision...;)

Actually my front sight is a Globe style, with replaceable inserts. I have a couple of Mossbergs with the flip-up ones like in the ad and they don't seem to index well enough to be really accurate. Perhaps mine are worn out.

Probably are! Mine are all tight and it takes some force to move or wiggle them! :)
I've never had much use for for the globe sight, using the post, but that's just me!

Last Edited:
I say leave the welds on. Good welds are like scars. They have a story or a lesson learned and are often cool. In moderation of course.

Actually my front sight is a Globe style, with replaceable inserts. I have a couple of Mossbergs with the flip-up ones like in the ad and they don't seem to index well enough to be really accurate. Perhaps mine are worn out.

Alright my friend. I got the sight today and it is like the one Sgt. Nambu posted a picture of. It is in excellent condition though. The inserts seem to be spring loaded????? I also bought a new hood for the sight that works very well. I don't get any movement from the insert that is in the up position. Right now, I have the aperature style up and ready to go. From some reading I've done, I believe these are 8 moa. I am excited to try my new sights out at the range this Saturday. You have a good time clamming buddy....

Yes they are spring-loaded. I believe they have a leaf spring pushing against the bottom of them. Clamp the gun in a vise with it aimed at something you can see through the sights. Move the front sight back and forth from stored to deployed and see if it comes back to the same sight picture each time. Mine are close enough for plinking, but get it on a bench with good ammo and they don't repeat, not within an inch to inch-and-a-half at 50 yards.

I'll take it to the range and give it a real test...:D Wish me luck. I hope to do a little better this year at the rimfire shoot, now that I'm a little better equipped. Now I'm off to look for a good Ruger MKII target pistol.... Ha ha.... I hate having to pull my red dot off so I can use my irons...:mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top