JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Why are you?

• Total voters
Self/national defense, history, mechanics and tinkering, fun, livelihood, subsistence, duty, building valuable skills, etc.

Been into firearms all my life, the passion was introduced young and started by my grandfather and great grandfather, continued down from my dad to me. My interests currently lie more with self defense and recreation shooting but it also gives me a good cover for my need to hoard stuff. "I'm not a hoarder I just like gun stuff" as I buy more ammo, mags, guns ETC to throw on the pile.

I'm only here for the Crown Royal, who's got it???? Give it up!!!!

Add self defense, love the smell of gun powder in the morning & Freedom (BOR & Constitution).:cool:
I'm drinking a nice glass of the vanilla variety on the rocks ironically.

My bad for no "here for the alcohol" option!

Been into firearms all my life, the passion was introduced young and started by my grandfather and great grandfather, continued down from my dad to me. My interests currently lie more with self defense and recreation shooting but it also gives me a good cover for my need to hoard stuff. "I'm not a hoarder I just like gun stuff" as I buy more ammo, mags, guns ETC to throw on the pile.

You definitely got into the right business my friend.

But for some reason I kinda hate that, because everytime I walk in I spend money! :D

I first thought "Hobbyist"...but Hobbyist is so far in the rear view mirror that its in different time zone...
Hey..."Time Zone"...since most of my guns are antiques and I dress like Daniel Boone at times ...cool pun...Bonus...:D

I own guns because :
We have always owned guns in my family....we have enjoyed owning guns as both a Right and responsibility for all my life.
Owning and being proficient with my firearms , is a source of pride and joy to me...

It really should be simple...If you want to own a gun or guns , then own what you want...If you don't , then don't ...No one says that you have to own guns...Just don't make that decision for me.
Andy

I started for recreation. Taking my son out it the woods to shoot pop cans and spend time together.
I then moved toward self protection both at home and away from home.

I put it in there for @AndyinEverson but I most likely have the wrong wording. He might be able to change it to the correct terminology?
Maybe...I'd change it , if you would like...but with that said...
I kinda like the term / phrase "Era Shooters"....it covers both reenactors and those that shoot firearms from specific time periods.
Andy

Maybe...I'd change if you would like...but with that said...
I kinda like the term / phrase "Era Shooters"....it covers both reenactors and those that shoot firearms from specific time periods.
Andy
Reenactor was the word I was thinking of earlier that I couldn't get to come out of the dusty corner of the brain.

If you approve of Era it's fine with me!

Reenactor was the word I was thinking of earlier that I couldn't get to come out of the dusty corner of the brain.

If you approve of Era it's fine with me!

I'm kinda disappointed that you didn't add my answer to the poll. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top