JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They have been putting a new water line in my rural residential area. Doing a great job, they got to a valve and had some problem with it, ended up stripping down the valve and caused a "low pressure event" or backflow in our area.

It went out about 9 this morning and won't be back on for another 4 or so hours. We will be fine, we have drinking water, and extra water in storage, plus 1000 gallons in the irrigation system mainline, and for toilets and other needs. It is just a good drill for a possibility.

Some people are having some minor issues, but if a major earthquake took out water distribution infrastructure, it would be some major problems. Not for us, but other people probably.

10-4,

Trickle water uphill and into a plastic storage tank, to gravity-feed down is my #1 goal since drilling a new well above the house is currently "out of scope".

The decision to locate my house uphill from my well was made 21 years before I bought the house.

I hang onto and fill anything that will hold water.

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a lime-operated outhouse for the long-haul outages......that would cut down on a large % of water usage.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top