JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They have been putting a new water line in my rural residential area. Doing a great job, they got to a valve and had some problem with it, ended up stripping down the valve and caused a "low pressure event" or backflow in our area.

It went out about 9 this morning and won't be back on for another 4 or so hours. We will be fine, we have drinking water, and extra water in storage, plus 1000 gallons in the irrigation system mainline, and for toilets and other needs. It is just a good drill for a possibility.

Some people are having some minor issues, but if a major earthquake took out water distribution infrastructure, it would be some major problems. Not for us, but other people probably.

10-4,

Trickle water uphill and into a plastic storage tank, to gravity-feed down is my #1 goal since drilling a new well above the house is currently "out of scope".

The decision to locate my house uphill from my well was made 21 years before I bought the house.

I hang onto and fill anything that will hold water.

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a lime-operated outhouse for the long-haul outages......that would cut down on a large % of water usage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top