JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a SW Washington resident and currently have an Oregon CHL. I need to renew it before 09/2021, I want to get this done as soon as possible or at least started due to the times that I have been hearing taking forever to get completed.

If I submit for a renewal, does it make my current license invalid? Or is it valid until it expires like normal and I can wait until my renewal goes through and that would be my "new" expire date (with new license card).

Thanks for reading!

It's good until expired, but you should probably apply a month or two in advance of that date.
It goes to the sheriff, then to Salem, then finally back to you by mail - turn around was 8 wks in Deschutes this spring, for a renewal, mostly delayed in Salem, nothing to do with passing checks.

Just performing them I suppose, I've had a license for over 20 years, squeaky clean background.

When you submit for renewal it does not make your license invalid. Similar to your drivers license. Just because you submit for renewal doesn't mean your current is invalid.

Also from what I understand, NEW chl applications are extremely delayed. I don't believe this applies to renewals / replacements. I renewed my Washington during Covid and did not have any delays or issues. I let my Oregon lapse (was living in California for 6 years for work and forgot to renew my Oregon). I got that reinstated at the start of Covid and had no issues.

However a friend of mine got his CHL in Oregon (out of state) and was delayed. He applied in July and didn't appointment until September and approved end of October

I live in Clackamas County, Oregon. We can renew one time online, the next time has to be in person. Worth a phone call to your issuing county.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top