JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are all bills introduced JUST THIS YEAR to keep whittling away at our 2nd amendment rights. Some have already been beaten or died, but others still could use attention Some are actually in our favor! There is a handy comment section on each bill page to write a quick note to your legislator encouraging them to vote for continued freedom...or 'mostly free' freedom...;);):rolleyes::(
Just 'cus I know ya'll are excited to DO something other than complain...;)o_O:p:D

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billsbytopic/Results.aspx?subject=FIREARMS&year=2015

Access to firearms, by person involuntarily committed, preventing, when: SB 5643
Background checks for sales and transfers, repealing Initiative 594: HB 1886
Background checks for sales and transfers, repealing provisions from Initiative 594: HB 1245
Background checks, before delivery by dealer, decreasing maximum period for: HB 1521
Background checks, exemption for certain firearm transfers involving private security guards: HB 1506, SB 5579
Background checks, exemption for transfer to museum or historical society for temporary exhibition: HB 1533
Background checks, exemption for transfers involving persons in armed forces, law enforcement, and corrections, when: SB 5615
Civil rights, restoration, vacated domestic violence records, use in later prosecution, prohibiting, exceptions: SB 5831
Deadly weapon sentencing enhancements, provisions: SB 5835
Deliveries, by dealer to law enforcement officer, requirements: HB 1535, SB 5476, SB 5539
Firearm safety products, for safe storage, sales and use tax exemptions: HB 2031
Imitation firearm manufacturing requirement act, requiring nondeceptive coloration for legal possession: HB 1692
Manufacturers of ammunition, parts, or accessories, multiple tax preferences for: HB 1442
Pistols, concealed pistol license, authorizing when applicant at least 18 years old: HB 2088
Pistols, concealed pistol license, authorizing when applicant at least 18 years old, reciprocity provisions: HB 2089
Pistols, concealed pistol license, renewal notice requirements: HB 1191, SHB 1191
Pistols, purchase applications and transfer records, prohibiting retention and eliminating from databases: HB 1193
Privately owned firearms, return to owner by law enforcement agency: HB 1731, SB 5381
Protective orders, emergency extreme risk, enjoining certain persons from having a firearm: HB 1857, SB 5727
Rifles, short-barreled, exemption from prohibitions for persons manufacturing or repairing, when: HB 1722
Right to possess, loss, by person acquitted by reason of insanity, notification requirements: SB 5658
Schools, firearms at, exemptions from prohibition, when: HB 1433, SB 5500
Security guards, private, firearm transfers, background check exemption: HB 1506, SB 5579
Self-defense, right of, against attack by aggressive and violent animal: HB 1474
Self-defense, using defensive or even deadly force, when: HB 1324
Storage of firearms, unsafe, child endangerment due to, dealer warning when selling storage and safety items: HB 1747, SB 5789
Storage of firearms, unsafe, child endangerment due to, first and second degree, when: HB 1747, SB 5789
Toy gun manufacturing requirement act, requiring nondeceptive coloration for legal possession: HB 1594

Would help you if I could Monica I was born in Omak a lot of years ago . Sorry but I live in Oregon now.
Keep up the good fight girl.:)

<broken link removed>

Little steps that can be done in just a few minutes a day that will help in the freedom fight. I stumbled across this page from the Gun Rights Coalition Facebook group. Pretty cool, I think! If everyone did this, we could stop a lot of tyranny in it's tracks!!

Your right on Monica
They are trying to rule by feelings not the constitution they have enough people fired up now and we cannot let up.
Everyone has to do what they can to keep the pressure on everyone has to stay involved. E-mails , phone calls . written letters everyone has to do their part. No longer can we set back and say we will do it tomorrow to do that means one day lost.
Join a group or do it on your own but get involved. Give them one more inch and you will loose more than a mile.
Washington State has given to much with I-594 and you will be lucky to get any of that back and that happened because people thought it couldn't happen.
Well guess what , it can , it did , and it will happen again if the people of Washington allow it.

I like HB1433. Section 2.3.e and 2.6 (removal of).

As new section 1 explains: In 1990, President William Jefferson 7 Clinton signed the gun-free school zones act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 922(q), 8 to increase the safety of students, teachers, and staff.

Therefor we should also remove the "commerce clause" from the above federal law. After all, every firearm, also the ones manufactured entirely inside our state and that have never been transported between states, are dangerous just the same.

*whistle

There are 22 counties in Oregon plus the town of Myrtle Creek that have sent resolutions to Salem saying they , and the people they represent do not want any more infringement on the second amendment.
Do you think it will make a difference to the house and senate when it comes time to vote on the infringements they have written and are setting on. Prozanski , Birdick and Gelser are rabid anti gunners. Gelser took Betsy's seat so we have lost the one democrat that was pro firearm here in Oregon.
We have a fight on our hands for sure.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top