JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In an effort to get stakeholders to volunteer their time and effort to oppose Measure 114, I am going to offer up a raffle opportunity with firearm related items as prizes. I will be planning numerous events between now and election day. If you come out and participate in an event, I will give you a predetermined number of raffle tickets. Events will be numbered 1 through however many I schedule. Participants will need to see me or the event leader at the event to receive the raffle tickets. I will draw tickets on Saturday November 12th at 1pm in the parking lot of Sunset Firearms in Wilsonville. Any prizes requiring FFL transfer will need to be done at Sunset Firearms unless other arrangements are made. FFL fees will need to be paid by the ticket holder selected.

Prizes may be added if participation is greater than expected. You can participate in as many events as are scheduled. Ticket holders will be eligible to win multiple prizes as all tickets will be drawn from one receptacle. The more you volunteer the better your chances of taking home a prize. During the drawing a prize will be selected and then a ticket drawn. The ticket drawn is for the prize that was selected.

Post number #2 in this thread will have scheduled events with a number listed for each event. I will include the number of tickets each participant will receive for volunteeering in each event. If you would like to participate in an event please PM me with the number of the event you would like to participate in. This post will be updated to reflect new or changing events.

I will include a list of prizes in post number #3. This post will be updated to reflect any new prizes that are added.

I can only set up one location at a time, if you would like to lead an event elsewhere so we can have multiple events being set up at the same time, please PM me.

In order to maximize the amount of locations we can display the Vote No On Measure 114 message, I may not hang out during the entire event. I will help set up the participants and hand out the raffle tickets to any participants before moving on to the next location.

If you have ideas for an event that will give us a large amount of visibility to display our Vote No On Measure 114 message, please suggest it in the thread or PM me with your idea.

Last Edited:
Event schedule will be updated and possibly changed often depending on circumstances on the ground. PM me if you would like to help out with a specific event.

Event #1:
When: Oct 27th 3:30pm to 5:00pm
Where: Stafford Road overpass where it crosses over I205.
Parking may be tricky, I am going to park off Ek road across the street from the Resurrection Catholic Parish and walk down to the overpass, it's about a third of a mile walk. It appears parking is ok along the roadside here on Ek Rd at these coordinates 45.366791, -122.706213. You could try and park along the off ramp but I wouldn't advise it.
Ticket count: I will give out 5 tickets each to those who want to show up and hold a sign. I will have three signs available.

(Edited this to change location) Event #2:
When: Oct 28th 7:30am to 9am
Where: Hwy 99W overpass that goes over Hwy 217. There is street parking on SW Garden Pl which is a really short walk to overpass.
Ticket count: I will give out 5 tickets to those who want to show up and hold a sign. I will have three signs available.

Event #3:

When: Oct 28th 3:00pm to 5pm

Where: I am going to attempt a sign holding event at the covered pedestrian bridge that crosses over HWY26 near the Trimet transit center and HWY217 interchange. I will park near the Harbor Freight store and take the short walk to the pedestrian bridge.

Backup plan. If for some reason I am prohibited from displaying my sign on the pedestrian bridge I will drive up to Camelot Court overpass which is about a 3 mile drive from the pedestrian bridge location.

Ticket count: I will give out 5 tickets each to those who want to show up and hold a sign. I will have three signs available.

Event #4:

When: Oct 29th 12:00pm to 2pm

Where: Cabelas area intersection and Nyberg Rd overpass. If you would like to participate with sign holding at this event PM me by 10am this morning and I will arrange to meet up with you. I have three larger signs and a few smaller signs for participants to use at this event.

Ticket Count: I will give each participant 5 tickets for volunteering at this two hour long event.

Event #5:

When: Oct 30th 12pm to 2pm

Where: Johnson Creek Blvd overpass. I will be parking near Home Depot and walking up to overpass. There is a Sportsman's Warehouse near by, if somebody would like to hold a sign on 82nd out front of Sportsman's, I will give out tickets for that as well. PM me by 11am if you would like to join us out there today. Weather looks hit or miss today, I am hoping for more dry than wet.

Ticket count: I will be handing out 5 tickets to those who come out to volunteer today.

Event #6

When: Nov 4th 8am to 9:30ish am.

Where: Haines Street Overpass near Tigard. It crosses over I5 just South of where hwy99w intersects with I5. I am not sure where I will park but there will be parking a short walk from the overpass.

Ticket Count: I will be giving out 5 tickets to each member who comes out to volunteer with sign holding.

Last Edited:
Edit: Participants need to be 18 or older to receive tickets for the drawing. They will need to be 21 or older to win the stripped lower receiver.

Two of the more valuable prizes will be an unfired Rossi RS22 rifle, also a 1400rnd bucket of Remington 22lr Golden Bullet ammo. There will be at least one Anderson Stripped AR lower as well. There will be more smaller prizes available including small batches of primers, powder and maybe projectiles. I will have at least one AR15 barrel included as well. Some centerfire ammo will also be available as a prize. I am going to try and keep my outlay in the $500 range of value. Others have expressed interest in donating prizes so the total value of prizes could be a little higher. I want to keep most of the prizes in lower value amounts so more participants will have a chance at winning something.

If you would like to donate a prize towards the cause please PM me with details of what you would like to donate and where the donated item would need to be picked up.

Current Prize List (I will edit to add prizes if participation increases)

1. Rossi RS22 Rifle unfired but no box

2 Remington Golden bullets 1400rnd bucket

3 Anderson Stripped lower receiver new in package.

4 I will have four 300ct batches of primers (3 sleeves per batch). There will be one batch of SP, one batch of LP, one batch of SRM and one batch of LR. A ticket will be drawn for each batch of primers.

5. One pound of Varget powder.

6 Bushmaster AR15 barrel 16" lightweight profile, see model info here https://www.righttobear.com/bushmas...w-double-pinned-gas-block-barrel-nut-end-cap/

Last Edited:
Another member has offered to donate some PMAGs and 5.56 ammo as prizes. Edit: I declined to accept these prizes, since the participation rate looks like it will be very low and I didn't feel right about taking the prizes and maybe not even have participants to win them.

I hope some of you guys and gals will be able to escape your comfort zone and come out to help oppose Measure 114. First events will be posted by noon tomorrow. I am planning on a sign holding on I205 overpass as event number 1. Haven't decided which overpass yet but I want to catch the afternoon rush hour in the direction it's heaviest. Public parking nearby the overpass would be ideal. Maybe Johnson Creek overpass?

Last Edited:
I found my sign board material but it's not cheap at $30 a sheet. I am going to pick up one sheet in the morning and see how big of a sign I can make that will still fit in my car. I think I can get close to a 7ftxx3.5ft piece in the car with no folding of the sign.

Good on you for trying to jump in here and help with this!
I wish I would have jumped in earlier. I was spending too much time on weightloss and restoring my energy levels. Eating carbs again has brought my energy levels and mood up. As for my m114 opposition efforts, I guess it's better late than never.

Last Edited:
If you can't find the motivation to get out and about with a Vote No On Measure 114 sign, try to do this one thing. Reach out to somebody who is likely to vote yes on Measure 114 and try to change their mind. The people likely to vote yes on Measure 114 are likely fond of the environment, preventing discrimination, removing regressive barriers that effect the poor and minorities, etc. If you can convince such a person that Measure 114 negatively impacts their supported causes, you might be able to swing a vote our way.

An easier task may be to get a lazy voter to vote. If you suspect the lazy voter might vote Yes on Measure 114, let them be lazy. If you think they will vote No on Measure 114 encourage them to vote and get that ballot in on time.

I have never been accused of being an artist.

20221027_100540.jpg

Prize list will be populated by noon tomorrow.

Two of the more valuable prizes will be an unfired Rossi RS22 rifle, also a 1400rnd bucket of Remington 22lr Golden Bullet ammo. There will be at least one Anderson Stripped AR lower as well. There will be more smaller prizes available including small batches of primers, powder and maybe projectiles. I will have at least one AR15 barrel included as well. Some centerfire ammo will also be available as a prize. I am going to try and keep my outlay in the $500 range of value. Others have expressed interest in donating prizes so the total value of prizes could be a little higher. I want to keep most of the prizes in lower value amounts so more participants will have a chance at winning something.

If you would like to donate a prize towards the cause please PM me with details of what you would like to donate and where the donated item would need to be picked up.
Prize list details are going to have to wait for this evening. I spent too much time working on sign stuff after work this morning. I have other errands to do and then I will be out on Stafford Rd over to try and catch rush hour traffic at 3:30pm this afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to drive around area freeways and hwys to scope out the best overpasses that have close parking and will add additional events to the list. I expect to have a 3rd event added for tomorrow afternoons rush hour but have not decided on which overpass yet.

I tested out my new sign on the Bonita overpass and got honks from both North and Southbound lanes. I had the sun to my back when displaying the sign to Southbound traffic and they could evidently still read it.

It looks like I will be solo for Stafford Rd event today from 3:30pm to 5pm. If you happen to be traveling on I205 around Stafford Rd and see me give me a honk.

I picked up a 4ftx8ftx.125in piece of lauan type of plywood out of the discount pile at Home Depot. I had them cut it into three pieces and here is sign I made from one of the pieces.

20221027_142219.jpg

Among others, you're also trying to reach gun owners who don't even know M114 exists or what it is about. Your signs aren't going to be anywhere near as effective as they could be if they don't point out M114 is anti-gun. Maybe add one of "anti-gun", "ends gun sales in Oregon", "bans standard capacity magazines", some additional, very short info that can be read quickly as they drive by.

I like where you're coming from but any raffles at NWFA have to have express consent from @Joe Link. There are legalities that have to be addressed/followed for any raffles here.

Thread closed until he can review this.

I stayed on duty at Stafford Rd overpass until 5:45pm. There was lots of slow traffic heading northbound and I got a fair amount of honks, thumbs up and a couple of Shaka signs. I also got two thumbs down.

Tomorrow at 7:30am I will be at the Hwy 99W overpass where it crosses over HWY217.

Still deciding on afternoon event.

I texted Joe as I wanted this addressed ASAP.

It's good to go @arakboss very nice idea!
Thanks, if I don't get some participants soon I will probably shut this idea down. I already declined to accept the prizes that were offered up by another member.

Weather is not looking good for the next week so I expect getting people to come out will not get any easier.

I stayed on duty at Stafford Rd overpass until 5:45pm. There was lots of slow traffic heading northbound and I got a fair amount of honks, thumbs up and a couple of Shaka signs. I also got two thumbs down.

Tomorrow at 7:30am I will be at the Hwy 99W overpass where it crosses over HWY217.

Still deciding on afternoon event.
What exit is Stanford Rd closest too? I'm off tomorrow and may be able to help out. I live SE of Salem but not afraid to travel. I had chemo this afternoon and if I recover fast enough I'd like to help tomorrow. I'm alway up early.

I apologize that I missed where it was previously addressed. Just tryin to do my job brother, glad Joe was able to clarify right away. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews