JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What exit is Stanford Rd closest too? I'm off tomorrow and may be able to help out. I live SE of Salem but not afraid to travel. I had chemo this afternoon and if I recover fast enough I'd like to help tomorrow. I'm alway up early.
Get some rest today. I will likely be doing an event near Salem on a Saturday or Sunday probably next weekend, I will give you a heads up when I know for sure. Maybe @PiratePast40 can recommend a good Salem area overpass with nearby public or street parking.

For locals, I will be on Hwy99W overpass where it crosses over Hwy217 near Youngs Funeral home, Dutch Bros. I plan to start about 7:30am this morning and stick around until 9am or when traffic dies down. After I leave there I am going to drive around and find some other overpasses on Hwy 26 and then head over to SE Portland, Clackamas areas.

Last Edited:
Among others, you're also trying to reach gun owners who don't even know M114 exists or what it is about. Your signs aren't going to be anywhere near as effective as they could be if they don't point out M114 is anti-gun. Maybe add one of "anti-gun", "ends gun sales in Oregon", "bans standard capacity magazines", some additional, very short info that can be read quickly as they drive by.
I will consider that. I didn't want the sign to be too busy as most freeway and hwy drivers won't have time to read much more than vote no on measure 114 part.

D street overpass is easy to get to in Salem. You can park at the convenience store or dispensary on the west side of the interstate.

I'll be at the Hillsboro gun show all weekend handing out material and talking to people about 114. Could always use a hand there.

I took one of the yard signs I got from @Mono1 and removed the metal post assy from it. Then I attached a couple of bungee cords to it. I will throw that sign around my neck with sign hanging on my back. That will allow traffic traveling on the overpass to see what I am promoting as I am facing freeway traffic with my large sign.

D street overpass is easy to get to in Salem. You can park at the convenience store or dispensary on the west side of the interstate.

I'll be at the Hillsboro gun show all weekend handing out material and talking to people about 114. Could always use a hand there.
What exit would people be taking off hwy 26 to get to gun show?

From Hwy 26 exit 61-A. Cross back over the highway and continue straight ahead on NW Brookwood Parkway. Turn right on Veterans Drive. Continue West on Veterans Drive and you will be directed into one of our parking lots.

Last Edited:
I stuck it out until 9am but it was raining the entire morning, not a hard rain but enough to get soaked. I was met with a lot fewer honks. Not sure if what that says about drivers on this stretch of highway.

I am going to hit the Hwy 26 pedestrian bridge this afternoon at 3pm. I will park over by Harbor Freight and walk to bridge. The bridge has a roof so maybe I will stay semi dry. I threw all my gear I wore this morning into the dryer so I will start out dry this afternoon.

Back up plan, if for some reason I am prohibited from displaying signs on pedestrian bridge I will drive up to Camelot Ct overpass near Pointer Rd. There appears to be some street parking there near some apartments.

I am thinking about hitting Cabelas area and Nyberg Road overpass mid day tomorrow? Anybody want to get in on that if I show up there?
We could use smaller signs near the store parking lot entrance and the bigger signs on the overpass. That is a pretty busy intersection even on weekends. It might be semi dry tomorrow?

The pedestrian bridge was a bust, traffic never slowed down and the rain was blowing in sideways. I bailed after an hour with only a half dozen honks. On the way back home I got stuck in I5 traffic near Tualatin & Wilsonville. When I got to the Elligsen exit I noticed a bunch of people holding Mike Erickson signs on the Elligsen overpass. That motivated me to put in another hour on the Boeckman overpass. I got lots of honks there as traffic was crawling and the rain had stopped. I had two people give me the bird including a young gal driving a Tesla. I bailed out of there about 6pm.

The pedestrian bridge was a bust, traffic never slowed down and the rain was blowing in sideways. I bailed after an hour with only a half dozen honks. On the way back home I got stuck in I5 traffic near Tualatin & Wilsonville. When I got to the Elligsen exit I noticed a bunch of people holding Mike Erickson signs on the Elligsen overpass. That motivated me to put in another hour on the Boeckman overpass. I got lots of honks there as traffic was crawling and the rain had stopped. I had two people give me the bird including a young gal driving a Tesla. I bailed out of there about 6pm.
I was in and out of my vehicle most of the afternoon, I just noticed your post.
If you try this again, let me know, I'll come by and hang a BA on the overpass.
That'll slow em down.
(Maybe some media coverage)

I was in and out of my vehicle most of the afternoon, I just noticed your post.
If you try this again, let me know, I'll come by and hang a BA on the overpass.
That'll slow em down.
(Maybe some media coverage)
I will be at Nyberg Rd overpass from noon until around 2pm today. I will send you a PM with contact info if you want to help out (no offense but sans the BA). It's looking wet at the moment but hopefully it will be dryer by noon.

I want to throw a big shout out to @elija_t and @ob1 for helping me out with sign duty on the Nyberg overpass today. We stayed out until 3pm and got a lot of honks. Unfortunately we did get a lot of middle fingers as well. @elija_t was tracking those, last count was somewhere near 30 but some azzhats gave us double fingers and I am not sure how he was counting those:) I will be sending them letters of my disapproval if I can remember all their plate numbers. /s

We had a quick lunch afterwards to wrap up a great day.

Thanks to @tkdguy for delivering another large sign that @dancinghippos gave up for me.

Thanks again @arakboss !

The amount of positive feedback we got including honks, thumbs up, and waving we got from the traffic below made me very optimistic!
In terms of the amount of middle fingers, I was counting individual cars, and lost count after 30 or so... :p

Regardless, i'm glad to have contributed rather than just whine about 114 on a random gun forum. If you're reading this and still haven't, get out and Vote NO! Tell your friends, family, coworkers, and shooting/hunting/fishing buddies to do the same!

Thanks again @arakboss !

The amount of positive feedback we got including honks, thumbs up, and waving we got from the traffic below made me very optimistic!
In terms of the amount of middle fingers, I was counting individual cars, and lost count after 30 or so... :p

Regardless, i'm glad to have contributed rather than just whine about 114 on a random gun forum. If you're reading this and still haven't, get out and Vote NO! Tell your friends, family, coworkers, and shooting/hunting/fishing buddies to do the same!
I was impressed with the level of positive responses we got. I really appreciate you both coming out today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top