JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am glad gun shows in my area are free from further restriction from a "pro gun group"...................

Yah, I suppose having to prove you can own guns is too much of a burden for some people. When I go there at least I'm assured that everyone buying/selling a weapon there has at least a CPL or passed the background check.

THAT is the biggest reason for joining.

THAT is the biggest reason for joining.

That is personal preference then. I missed that part in the 2A, there are too many restrictions that do nothing to stop crime as there is. If I am buying/selling I can ask to see a CPL before selling for free.... I would choose not to have to spend money to a group that further restricts my rights..........

That is my choice and my why. You don't have to agree or disagree.

Deen_ad, you really SHOULD pull your head out of your *** before replying:) I was NEVER charged with a controlled substance violation because it is legal in our state. Contrary to the federal law that is impossible to enforce. I didn't break ANY laws. but I'll let my lawyers do their job. You enjoy the screwing you're getting from the lawyers you keep re-electing at WAC, I'll be hunting greener pastures, folks like you are why I have no need for WAC in my future

I am confused what this topic is about? Is there any info on the allegations to this post? I am just interested.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm the OP and had been debating what the practical value of joining the WAC would have been. The controversy I found when I searched the forum prior to posting, and unfortunately, have yet to hear the whole story, either by word of mouth or the article previously linked, which I think must have been "fed" to the reporter, as it was missing a lot of stuff I thought a reporter should be looking into. Thus I will stay out of any internal squabbles that don't affect me. However, I'm taking a guess it's affecting the ability of the WAC to be as involved as they could be, given the amount of money I suspect they take in, compared to what they've delivered as an advocacy group.

My concern, as with anything I put my money into, was that I would be getting bang for my buck. The gun shows are nice, but I haven't been to one in over 20 years, despite my best intentions in the meantime, and surely there's a reason for going other than the gun shows? It costs about what my NRA membership costs, but with the NRA I know I'm getting good representation on 2A legislation, and from the sounds of it, the WAC doesn't seem to be proactive as much as reactive, and anemic to boot.

Am I wrong on any of my observations?

I got much more help from the WAC on the silencer use bill than I did from the NRA. While I got less than I hoped for from the WAC, I got NOTHING from the NRA.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads