JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've poked around a little, but since I rarely have time to go to their gun shows, what other reasons could make it worth my while/money to be a member?

Well, if you don't go to the shows I can't think of a reason other than to get the magazine. Being a member does guarantee that the person buying/selling has passed the background check or they can't belong. As you can see below I'm a member but I sometimes go to the shows too.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

They have a pretty decent newsletter (for the most part) - although, I don't think that alone would justify the membership cost. They are a well-known Pro-2A advocacy group - although, there are probably cheaper, more effective groups out there to join, if that's your motivation.

Mostly, it's worth it for going to shows - if you aren't doing that, I'm not sure why you'd join.

You can still go to the shows to buy parts and accessories,which are at some what of a good price.But I quit going and haven't re-upped because the prices just don't make it worth the time.

AMMO,there is literally TONS of all conceivable types of ammo there.Except 45lc and 10mm lol

If you lived close to the respective fair grounds,and wanted to go once every 2 months to a show,and not have to wait in line,it may be worth it.

But for my once a year,bother to go to see how high the prices have gotten at the show?
Not so much worth it.

They are a well-known Pro-2A advocacy group.
I was not able to get the WAC to actively lobby for the new silencer use bill. Bills 5112 and 1016 are the only bills in a long time that would restore our right to use a firearm in the State. They did send letters to the committees hearing the bills, but little more than that.

The Washington Counsel of Police and Sheriffs (WACOPS) did a much better job of supporting the bill. They sent a representative (Brian Wurst) to speak at the House and Senate hearings.

Ranb

I was not able to get the WAC to actively lobby for the new silencer use bill. Bills 5112 and 1016 are the only bills in a long time that would restore our right to use a firearm in the State. They did send letters to the committees hearing the bills, but little more than that.

That's too bad - maybe they only get active when gun shows are threatened?

Their lobbyist thought that the political climate was unsuitable for lobbying for a bill that eased restrictions on firearms use. He suggested that I wait until after the election as he thought the climate would change, it did not. I do not know what the WAC agenda is.

Ranb

Their lobbyist thought that the political climate was unsuitable for lobbying for a bill that eased restrictions on firearms use. He suggested that I wait until after the election as he thought the climate would change, it did not. I do not know what the WAC agenda is.

Ranb

They really said that? When did he think the "climate" would be better?
That has to be one of the dumbest thing I have heard.
The government will always make it a bad "climate" for gun issues

The lobbyist thought the climate would improve after the next election (he said this back in early 2010). The climate did improve, but it had nothing to do with the election and everything to do with people contacting and meeting with legislators to convince them that silencer use was something the state should allow. Bill 1016 has about three times the sponsors as bill 1604; this was a result of the small grass roots effort that took place during 2010 as far as I know. I know that my Reps refused to sponsor the bill until after I met with them to discuss it.

Ranb

As a 20 year life member and former tableholder at the WAC shows, I would ask why would you ever want to join an organization that does it's members so wrong? We have not one but TWO LAWYERS running the Board of Directors! These lying thieves should be the first to go! Have you asked how many members have been arrested lately? You should really ask them how many have been charged after being arrested! The board of WAC needs to be RECALLED! WAC is working with the BATFE to lock up as many 2nd Amendment believers as possible! LEE BULL and JOHN RODABAUGH BOTH need to be removed from this organizations board of directors and banned from membership for their past mis-deeds! I, personally, will use my life membership to campaign for ANY OTHER organization! Google GUN SHOW BANDIT if you'd like the true story of what is going on at WAC these days!

As a 20 year life member and former tableholder at the WAC shows, I would ask why would you ever want to join an organization that does it's members so wrong? We have not one but TWO LAWYERS running the Board of Directors! These lying thieves should be the first to go! Have you asked how many members have been arrested lately? You should really ask them how many have been charged after being arrested! The board of WAC needs to be RECALLED! WAC is working with the BATFE to lock up as many 2nd Amendment believers as possible! LEE BULL and JOHN RODABAUGH BOTH need to be removed from this organizations board of directors and banned from membership for their past mis-deeds! I, personally, will use my life membership to campaign for ANY OTHER organization! Google GUN SHOW BANDIT if you'd like the true story of what is going on at WAC these days!

Man don't sugar coat it brother,tell us how you really feel.
And I am not doubting a word of your post.

You got stopped for expired vehicle tabs, a violation, you were found with illegal weapons and admit to using pot. That caused the feds to charge you with illegal drug possession under Federal law and now poor you can't own or buy guns? Oh, poor baby.

Poor me, I broke the law and now I'm looking to blame someone else!! I'm GLAD I will never see you at a WAC show!

I hope they ban you here too!!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

You want to voice your opinion, here is your chance.

A reminder - Tuesday night, the 8th, at 7pm is a regularly scheduled
meeting of the Board of the Washington Arms Collectors and as such is an
opportunity for members (that would be you) to meet the Directors and
share your views and opinions with them on both current matters
(elections irregularities) and past events (expulsion of Dan Franks
contrary to WAC's own ByLaws), and what you would like to see from WAC
going forward - these opportunities are available before and after the
meeting, and should the board ask for comment, during the meeting.

In my opinion, and perhaps that of some others, the Board has of late
gone seriously astray and desperately needs to hear from the membership
- an option almost always preferable to the drama and excitement of
recall elections and other such fun.

The meeting will be held at the WAC offices in Renton (amazingly close
to the yummy Jimmy Mac's). The offices are located at

935 Powell Ave SW Suite 120
Renton, WA 98057

Phone: (425) 255-8410
Fax: (425) 255-8946

I strongly recommend calling ahead for directions. And happily enough,
if you're not a WAC member already, you can swing down either Monday or
Tuesday before the meeting and sign up and *poof* you're a WAC member
and can buy guns at shows, get the newsletter, etc!!

I certainly hope to see many of you there...and to share a beverage with
you before or after at Jimmy Mac's (yes, I like bbq...)

Best of Wishes,

Ray Carter
Seattle, WA

FYI from a friend

past events (expulsion of Dan Franks
contrary to WAC's own ByLaws),

I wish we had the full story but the way I read the by-laws the board can expel anyone for any reason by a majority vote of the board. If that's so then the expulsion was OK as far as the procedure.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

I'm a member, with my primary purpose being shows and to support the educational outreach. I do not see the organization as a lobbying group - there's too much internal strife and too many members without strong leadership. I don't hold every firearm organization responsible for 2A lobbying, but, they should be anti-2A, either!

It does seem to me there is an abundance of infighting, name calling, and irregularities at WAC. That seems to happen whenever there's a large group of people and leadership isn't forced to change. (Term limits, anyone?) The "old boy" network that develops is amazing.

I've poked around a little, but since I rarely have time to go to their gun shows, what other reasons could make it worth my while/money to be a member?

I would join but I won't because their shows are hours away. I thought Washington Arms Collectors would be state wide and not just by Seattle. I think it should be Seattle Arms Collectors.

I think they are also missing out on lots of sales and members just because they are so far away and it is not worth the drive unless I saved over a $100 bucks because of gas and time.

I am glad gun shows in my area are free from further restriction from a "pro gun group"...................

Yah, I suppose having to prove you can own guns is too much of a burden for some people. When I go there at least I'm assured that everyone buying/selling a weapon there has at least a CPL or passed the background check.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews