JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am glad gun shows in my area are free from further restriction from a "pro gun group"...................

Yah, I suppose having to prove you can own guns is too much of a burden for some people. When I go there at least I'm assured that everyone buying/selling a weapon there has at least a CPL or passed the background check.

THAT is the biggest reason for joining.

THAT is the biggest reason for joining.

That is personal preference then. I missed that part in the 2A, there are too many restrictions that do nothing to stop crime as there is. If I am buying/selling I can ask to see a CPL before selling for free.... I would choose not to have to spend money to a group that further restricts my rights..........

That is my choice and my why. You don't have to agree or disagree.

Deen_ad, you really SHOULD pull your head out of your *** before replying:) I was NEVER charged with a controlled substance violation because it is legal in our state. Contrary to the federal law that is impossible to enforce. I didn't break ANY laws. but I'll let my lawyers do their job. You enjoy the screwing you're getting from the lawyers you keep re-electing at WAC, I'll be hunting greener pastures, folks like you are why I have no need for WAC in my future

I am confused what this topic is about? Is there any info on the allegations to this post? I am just interested.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm the OP and had been debating what the practical value of joining the WAC would have been. The controversy I found when I searched the forum prior to posting, and unfortunately, have yet to hear the whole story, either by word of mouth or the article previously linked, which I think must have been "fed" to the reporter, as it was missing a lot of stuff I thought a reporter should be looking into. Thus I will stay out of any internal squabbles that don't affect me. However, I'm taking a guess it's affecting the ability of the WAC to be as involved as they could be, given the amount of money I suspect they take in, compared to what they've delivered as an advocacy group.

My concern, as with anything I put my money into, was that I would be getting bang for my buck. The gun shows are nice, but I haven't been to one in over 20 years, despite my best intentions in the meantime, and surely there's a reason for going other than the gun shows? It costs about what my NRA membership costs, but with the NRA I know I'm getting good representation on 2A legislation, and from the sounds of it, the WAC doesn't seem to be proactive as much as reactive, and anemic to boot.

Am I wrong on any of my observations?

I got much more help from the WAC on the silencer use bill than I did from the NRA. While I got less than I hoped for from the WAC, I got NOTHING from the NRA.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top