JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Um. If you equate yourselves to the fearful, conspiratorial side of the gun owning faction, then (wow, really?) I feel bad for you.

Seriously, how many of you have had our 'nanny state' military police busting down your door taking away your guns and ammo and burning them in a public square?

*tumbleweeds*

Thought not. Now, I'm going to head to the range and practice my (whoa, no way!) STILL in-tact rights to own a firearm.

Jeez. Like I'm talking to 8 year olds round here.

Um. If you equate yourselves to the fearful, conspiratorial side of the gun owning faction, then (wow, really?) I feel bad for you.

Seriously, how many of you have had our 'nanny state' military police busting down your door taking away your guns and ammo and burning them in a public square?

*tumbleweeds*

Thought not. Now, I'm going to head to the range and practice my (whoa, no way!) STILL in-tact rights to own a firearm.

Just put your fingers in your ears and go, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA !!.........:s0077:

Are you completely unaware that there is a constant battle here in the US to take away our firearms, and not just some, but all of them? Are you really that clueless?

And the anti-gunners in the UN that Obama has said we support in their efforts?

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Hummm, aren't we going through the unionists right now!

*tumbleweeds*

So you're going to the back yard with your air-soft correct ? Do you even own a gun, or are you just here to troll..:confused:

So you're going to the back yard with your air-soft correct ? Do you even own a gun, or are you just here to troll..:confused:

I own guns, which negates the whole point of the anti-Obama stances here. And I still have them.

But, I side with you that if there was any erosion of this reality, then I would even more actively fight. There are other Amendments we still retain, as far as I can tell, too.

By the way, Pot, meet Kettle.

Iomatic, I am also "a lefty with a gun" and while I do tend to agree with you on all regards I do caution you to keep yourself aware because I do agree with Trismn that if liberals were to have their way it would be VERY difficult to procure firearms even for the law-abiding individual. But, I don't think it will be an overnight event, but a gradual chiseling away of rights disguised as stronger laws until its so restricting that owning will be a major PITA for most.

Iomatic, I am also "a lefty with a gun" and while I do tend to agree with you on all regards I do caution you to keep yourself aware because I do agree with Trism that if liberals were to have their way it would be VERY difficult to procure firearms even for the law-abiding individual. But, I don't think it will be an overnight event, but a gradual chiseling away of rights disguised as stronger laws until its so restricting that owning will be a major PITA for most.

I would extend that mistrust to many Republicans politicians too, not Just Democrats.

Just look at what happened in NFA 1934 and the Assault Weapons Ban. The AWB did not have to sunset, NFA 1934 does not have a sunset clause. AWB did no good at deterring crime, neither did the NFA of 1934 (or subsequent acts). Each was supported by people who wanted "common sense" gun laws. Each chipped away at our 2nd amendment rights. If we are not paying attention, our rights will be trod upon again. Maybe not at the national level, but at the state and local levels. I am sure some folks in England never thought they would be at the point they are now.
I am not fearful of what my government can do to my rights, I am mindful of it. History has shown that some pretty interesting laws are passed when folks are "worried about something else". And not just firearms laws.

Other than SC appointments and BATFE regulatory actions (which are getting him bad press and he's backing away from them according to insiders) Obama has little he can do about gun laws on the Federal level. Make no mistake, he is absolutely an enemy of gun rights. But also remember that George W. Bush supported extending the AWB when he was running in 2000. And Reagan is the one that saddled us with the extension of the NFA laws re post 1986 guns. It goes both ways.

At this point I'd love to see a more 2A friendly president. Sadly the opposition is either batsh*t insane or so mealy mouthed (Romneycare IS Obamacare) that I see little hope of anyone unseating him.

Fortunately the congress isn't going for more gun laws. It doesn't matter a darn what Obama may want, he isn't going for it either because it wouldn't go anywhere and his own party would be badly hurt by it. He's never been a crusader on this issue. Just your run-of-the-mill lib-dem who takes on faith that all guns except bolt-action rifles and shotguns are icky.

So we're left with remaining vigilant, supporting SAF, NRA and GOAL and continuing to chip away at gun laws via the courts post-Heller/MacDonald. Maybe by 2016 the GOP can come up with something other than nincompoops or wackjobs to run for the top slot. I'm pretty sure Obama will win re-election.

Of the folks I work with, it's the self-described conservatives who state that they are for tighter gun laws...

:bsflag:

THAT is a statement that is VERY hard to believe. A "self-described conservative" who is "for tighter gun laws" has a serious problem with the proper definition of the word "conservative".

Hmm.

According to you, someone who is an evangelical Christian, deacon in his church, anti-abortion, registered Republican his entire life, complains about Oregon being too liberal, wants to move to a more conservative state, very pro-Bush & hates Clinton, was actively promoting invading Iraq, owns a handgun, etc. isn't a conservative because he thinks a few more gun regulations would be good? That's just one of them. The others have very similar profiles.

You, sir, need to get out more.

That sir, is a very specific example that I have no problem believing whatsoever. There are always exceptions to every "generality" out there.

I own guns, which negates the whole point of the anti-Obama stances here. And I still have them.

But, I side with you that if there was any erosion of this reality, then I would even more actively fight. There are other Amendments we still retain, as far as I can tell, too.

By the way, Pot, meet Kettle.

So when it comes to protecting your gun rights "apathy" is what you recommend?

No, as I mentioned before, focus on important issues that are relevant to day-to-day survival. FOR ME.

Gun rights are pretty low on my list (holding breath for the flame-war; hey, it's my opinion, yes I know I'm on a gun board, but I go to car forums, AV forums, and not afraid of my driving and TV-viewing rights taken away either).

Kids, education, food, gas, societal health, crime control are way ahead of (in my opinion) this ridiculous phantom scare of a 2A-killing Obama.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR