JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Cuz you're not labeling or making assumptions, right?

:s0054:

I can live with it, I got my point across about your passive aggressive insults to the general membership. ;) Honestly you've seemed to have an underlying agenda since you started here. All I've seen posted from you seems to point to undermining and labeling gun owners negatively and defending known anti-gunners.

Kinda hard for me to completely defend antigunners when I own guns; I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy and Quixote-like attitudes of some pro-gunners.

Believe what you want.

Kinda hard for me to completely defend antigunners when I own guns; I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy and Quixote-like attitudes of some pro-gunners.

Believe what you want.

And the pro-gunners here thank you for that, maaaaaybe if you stick around long enough you'll change us hypocrites to your way of thinkin' , left, left. left. left..............:s0077:

Yeah, if everyone was like you claim to be, anarchy would be all we'd need.
I admit to not being as good as you claim to be, I have a natural inclination toward being good, but as I observe the operation of the more powerful instutitions in our country, like the banks, hedge funds, derivatives trades, and the insurance companies it seems the only thing preventing me from being a pirate is a few billion bucks. This is the only operation of trickle down that I've every observed in operation, "a fish rots from the head down". The operation of the gov that has the most - effect on my freedom, is allowing these parasites to become gods. For example, how can you have a legitimate contract made between an individual citizen and a bank when the bank is allowed to change the terms of the contract for any reason at any time without consent on the part of the citizen? But this is not fantasy, this is a credit card.

I'm not "claiming" to be what I said, I'm stating that I am what I said, because I live by the "Golden Rule"... "Do unto others as you would have done to you". That generally keeps me out of the soup 99.9% of the time. Heck, I'd even be polite and friendly towards you if we ever met in person, unless you "threw the first volley", of course.

BTW, that's not true about credit card terms. BY LAW you are required to be notified in writing, and you can refuse the change in terms IN WRITING, albeit that will result in the account being closed, but it keeps the balance locked in at the current terms until it is paid off.

As for you being a "few billion shy preventing you from being a pirate"... I don't get it, are you saying you'd have sex with 14-yr. old girls and have more than one wife IF it were legal? ;)

I'm not "claiming" to be what I said, I'm stating that I am what I said, because I live by the "Golden Rule"... "Do unto others as you would have done to you". That generally keeps me out of the soup 99.9% of the time. Heck, I'd even be polite and friendly towards you if we ever met in person, unless you "threw the first volley", of course.

BTW, that's not true about credit card terms. BY LAW you are required to be notified in writing, and you can refuse the change in terms IN WRITING, albeit that will result in the account being closed, but it keeps the balance locked in at the current terms until it is paid off.

As for you being a "few billion shy preventing you from being a pirate"... I don't get it, are you saying you'd have sex with 14-yr. old girls and have more than one wife IF it were legal? ;)

Yes about the credit cards, however, since they make the rules via the golden rule "them with the gold makes the rules" and another supporting instution will dock your credit score for closing an account, and then because you have a lower score all kinds of outfits like your insurance company get to charge you more, it's all very convient for them. The multi page tiny print change of contract sent in your bill comes about every 4 months, and the default is set so the will of the gods prevails unless special action is taken by the moveable party. It's a set up.

My pirate comment was only meant as a restatement of the golden rule above, and I'd have to say given a pragmatic political system, this golden rule trumps yours. Given enough money you can make most crime schemes legal, say for a historical example, trading of short term electricity futures between various branchs of ENRON, including PGE, in order to create blackouts and raise the price of electricity. This was made possible by deregulation, and ENRON played a primary role in that enabling process. By the way, this isn't what killed ENRON as they had made it legal, it just showed them what gods they were and continuing hubris did the rest.

However, it would take a lot of money and about a decade to make sex with 14 year old girls legal, but I honestly believe it could be done after all gods will have their way.

Yeah, if everyone was like you claim to be, anarchy would be all we'd need.
I admit to not being as good as you claim to be, I have a natural inclination toward being good, but as I observe the operation of the more powerful instutitions in our country, like the banks, hedge funds, derivatives trades, and the insurance companies it seems the only thing preventing me from being a pirate is a few billion bucks. This is the only operation of trickle down that I've every observed in operation, "a fish rots from the head down". The operation of the gov that has the most - effect on my freedom, is allowing these parasites to become gods. For example, how can you have a legitimate contract made between an individual citizen and a bank when the bank is allowed to change the terms of the contract for any reason at any time without consent on the part of the citizen? But this is not fantasy, this is a credit card.

If'n you don't like it try paying your balance in full at the end of the month-Nobody said borrowing money was FREE

Yes about the credit cards, however, since they make the rules via the golden rule "them with the gold makes the rules" and another supporting instution will dock your credit score for closing an account, and then because you have a lower score all kinds of outfits like your insurance company get to charge you more, it's all very convient for them. The multi page tiny print change of contract sent in your bill comes about every 4 months, and the default is set so the will of the gods prevails unless special action is taken by the moveable party. It's a set up.

My pirate comment was only meant as a restatement of the golden rule above, and I'd have to say given a pragmatic political system, this golden rule trumps yours. Given enough money you can make most crime schemes legal, say for a historical example, trading of short term electricity futures between various branchs of ENRON, including PGE, in order to create blackouts and raise the price of electricity. This was made possible by deregulation, and ENRON played a primary role in that enabling process. By the way, this isn't what killed ENRON as they had made it legal, it just showed them what gods they were and continuing hubris did the rest.

However, it would take a lot of money and about a decade to make sex with 14 year old girls legal, but I honestly believe it could be done after all gods will have their way.

Actually, it would only take 4 years, however she won't be 14 any longer...

Out shooting all day. Checking in on this poor thread.

<snipped>

And the pro-gunners here thank you for that, maaaaaybe if you stick around long enough you'll change us hypocrites to your way of thinkin' , left, left. left. left..............:s0077:

Did I say somewhere I was attempting to change you hypocrites' (your word) minds?

I don't conveniently fit your world-view of what a gun owner should think and it really bothers you folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
If'n you don't like it try paying your balance in full at the end of the month-Nobody said borrowing money was FREE

Between free and 35% you have a lot of leeway! Right now the banks are getting their money from the trough at the federal reserve for less than the infaltion rate, so you see it's better than free money for them, and usuary for a lot of America. Another example of trickle down, the alienated begin to hate our system and milk it for all it is worth, others lose hope and get locked up at our expense (more corporate welfare). I remember a time in America when our large financial instutions were honest and not nearly so greedy, and most people liked our system and worked to make things better for all. Now we have a bunch of crooks acting like gods and setting the bar very low for ethical norms. And that is my point.

By the way I closed every credit card I had and paid off the balances when they started to pull this sort of poop years ago. Just because it doesn't effect me don't make it right!

I only have two, but plan on getting a lot more. So I guess you're in the adult video business? Or man-horse? :D

Did I say somewhere I was attempting to change you hypocrites' (your word) minds?

I don't conveniently fit your world-view of what a gun owner should think and it really bothers you folks?

Relax dude, we are all bozos on this bus.

I have a lot of guns and I'm a far left wing. I'm not scared one tiny bit of my gun rights getting taken away, it would never happen. Remember a president is only in office for 4-8 years and it would take much longer to make drastic changes.

(FYI - Yes I voted for Obama, didn't like Bush and I go to church every Sunday, I'm against abortion and consider myself fairly liberal)

You really think that one president is going to automatically dismantle our Constitution?

Seriously?

OK, I'm going to worry about actual concerns now. :)
Reply:
WHITSTRAN, Wash. -- Brad Klingele would trust his 13-year-old son to use his bird-scaring gun in the cherry orchard.

But to pack the noise-making gun, which looks more like a toy, Klingele will have to get a federal license and provide his fingerprints and photo identification.

To keep explosives out of the "wrong hands," the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is now requiring farmers who use them to get a license.

ATF gave the contraptions an acronym -- EPCD, for explosive pest control devices -- though farmers typically call them bird bangers, shell crackers or other variations of trade names."

Next up, licenses for sparklers...

<snipped>

Aaaaah no, your words; ("Kinda hard for me to completely defend antigunners when I own guns; I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy and Quixote-like attitudes of some pro-gunners.")

BTW, It's your insulting name calling and innuendos that really bothers folks.......

I have a lot of guns and I'm a far left wing. I'm not scared one tiny bit of my gun rights getting taken away, it would never happen. Remember a president is only in office for 4-8 years and it would take much longer to make drastic changes.

(FYI - Yes I voted for Obama, didn't like Bush and I go to church every Sunday, I'm against abortion and consider myself fairly liberal)
Didn't like Bush, go to church every Sunday, against abortion, doesn't sound far left to me. You voted for obama, but everyone's entitled to a mistake now and then...:D

I'm not sure what this quote means re: Obama destroying 2A. Would you please care to expand on this?

Honestly, not snarky at all, just want more context as to how this as a reply (meant to be a more full-fledged rebuttal?) means a single president dismantling our Constitution. Please connect the dots for me; I'm just not seeing it.

Meaning, using a written deduction e.g., " here is the premise, facts, conclusion".

Thanks.

Reply:
WHITSTRAN, Wash. -- Brad Klingele would trust his 13-year-old son to use his bird-scaring gun in the cherry orchard.

But to pack the noise-making gun, which looks more like a toy, Klingele will have to get a federal license and provide his fingerprints and photo identification.

To keep explosives out of the "wrong hands," the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is now requiring farmers who use them to get a license.

ATF gave the contraptions an acronym -- EPCD, for explosive pest control devices -- though farmers typically call them bird bangers, shell crackers or other variations of trade names."

Next up, licenses for sparklers...

Hmm. I'd also be interested in any facts supporting the proposition that Obama is dismantling the Second Amendment. If there are any, of course. My guns are legal, my ammo is legal, my mags are legal, and there haven't been any restrictions that apply to me imposed during the Obama presidency. So what's the hubbub about?

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR