JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No, as I mentioned before, focus on important issues that are relevant to day-to-day survival. FOR ME.

Gun rights are pretty low on my list (holding breath for the flame-war; hey, it's my opinion, yes I know I'm on a gun board,

I understand that your priorities are your own and what you or any man does is up to them, I can respect that, But why are you then belittling and labeling members that are not willing to use "Apathy" as a defense of their second amendment rights?

but I go to car forums, AV forums, and not afraid of my driving and TV-viewing rights taken away either).

Can you show me where those rights are under fire? That's just off topic fluff and really means nothing in context of this president or gun rights discussions. It's like comparing apples and hand grenades.

Kids, education, food, gas, societal health, crime control are way ahead of (in my opinion) this ridiculous phantom scare of a 2A-killing Obama.

OK, lets talk "kids", are you not concerned about future gun rights for your children?

"education, food, gas, societal health", no real correlation to gun rights.

Crime control, yeah you do indeed need to retain your gun rights for that, police come along after the crime and pick up the pieces, it is up to you to act as the first line of defense of one's self.

"Phantom scare?" is Obama and some of the current Democrats talking about gun control Phantom? are you saying I didn't hear this stuff?

Apathy? Apathy is a ridiculous way to secure anything.

If you coat everything with gun-rights, then it will always be about gun rights. I'm not apathetic, since I'm here; I just care very little.

Hmmmmm, let me get this straight, you just care a lot about not caring.........:s0001:

You're really putting words in the guy
s mouth here. I think he's been clear. Gun rights aren't a very important issue for him because he (wrongly in my opinion) doesn't see them as threatened. It's a valid POV. Mistaken in my opinion, but hardly hostile to us.

If we lived in a place where reason backed by facts made law, we would have little to fear about losing gun rights..... however..... this is the land of the celebrity news!

This has probably been linked here before but this is a wonderful, factual, study based on real gun statistics in America that shows most of the myths held by gun grabbers are wrong. I wish I had to the time to find a shorter synthesis of this work to link here, maybe someone else can find one?

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Of course there is my old fallback argument that goes., "Since you folks hate guns, I can only guess that you also hate their owners too, so you really shouldn't work for gun control at all, because 54% of all gun deaths in the good ol' USA are suicides. Look, you can't lose, honest, really, they aren't even shooting back!"

I do argue that the guns of these suicdes served their owners to the last full measure. Come to think of it, so many people I know are dropping dead it's hard to believe that social security will go insolvent?

You're really putting words in the guy
s mouth here. I think he's been clear. Gun rights aren't a very important issue for him because he (wrongly in my opinion) doesn't see them as threatened. It's a valid POV. Mistaken in my opinion, but hardly hostile to us.

Putting words in his mouth ? Wat chew talkin' bout Misterbill ?...........:s0112:

"I just care very little"
"Gun rights are pretty low on my list"
"Kids, education, food, gas, societal health, crime control are way ahead of (in my opinion) this ridiculous phantom scare of a 2A-killing Obama."
"focus on important issues that are relevant to day-to-day survival."
"if there was any erosion of this reality, then I would even more actively fight"
"I'm going to worry about actual concerns now"

Putting words in his mouth ? Wat chew talkin' bout Misterbill ?...........:s0112:

"Kids, education, food, gas, societal health, crime control are way ahead of (in my opinion) this ridiculous phantom scare of a 2A-killing Obama."
"if there was any erosion of this reality, then I would even more actively fight"

theylivebdcap3.jpg

No offense intended or taken but how do any of those statements contradict: "Gun rights aren't a very important issue for him because he (wrongly in my opinion) doesn't see them as threatened. It's a valid POV. Mistaken in my opinion, but hardly hostile to us."

I think he's been pointed to very good examples of why and how he's mistaken on the threat to our rights, but he obviously isn't buying it and thinks it's overstated. Oh, well. I just don't see the point in busting the guy's balls any further.

And thanks for the Willis line, I love that one:D

No offense intended or taken but how do any of those statements contradict: "Gun rights aren't a very important issue for him because he (wrongly in my opinion) doesn't see them as threatened. It's a valid POV. Mistaken in my opinion, but hardly hostile to us."

I think he's been pointed to very good examples of why and how he's mistaken on the threat to our rights, but he obviously isn't buying it and thinks it's overstated. Oh, well. I just don't see the point in busting the guy's balls any further.

And thanks for the Willis line, I love that one:D

LOL, are you new to the net?

Ha!

Just got back from work/stuff/life, kid activities, etc.

I can only surmise you all have way more time on your hands than mine. I was only clarifying that I don't nearly care as much as some of you do, nor paint my world with the color of the Second Amendment as much as those here. I don't walk around thinking, "aw crap, where are my GUN RIGHTS RIGHT NOW?? DAMNED LEFTIES TAKING AWAY MAH GUNN RIGHTS!!! OH NOES!!"

Come on.

See, it's been sunny out. Real nice. People are friendly for the most part, if you walk outside and socialize.

Sigh.

I'm not completely apathetic, in the strict definition of the word. I do care, it's just not that big a deal. In the scheme of things, FOR ME.

Ha!

Just got back from work/stuff/life, kid activities, etc.

I can only surmise you all have way more time on your hands than mine. I was only clarifying that I don't nearly care as much as some of you do, nor paint my world with the color of the Second Amendment as much as those here. I don't walk around thinking, "aw crap, where are my GUN RIGHTS RIGHT NOW?? DAMNED LEFTIES TAKING AWAY MAH GUNN RIGHTS!!! OH NOES!!"

Come on.

See, it's been sunny out. Real nice. People are friendly for the most part, if you walk outside and socialize.

Sigh.

I'm not completely apathetic, in the strict definition of the word. I do care, it's just not that big a deal. In the scheme of things, FOR ME.

See now that is just a passive aggressive attack. All you're doing there is labeling people, you have not one clue how they live their lives. I'm reasonably certain few people walk around in their lives outside of NWFA and spend time spouting 2nd amendment rights and I'm also reasonably certain that members here get as much or more sun that you do. I for instance have been working in my garden and laying out plans for a new fence as well as many other things not involving firearms in my free time.

It's always the same with your type, labeling, make the guy who doesn't think like you into a kook. I've got news for you, you have no moral high ground. ;) Progressive, pfft!

See now that is just a passive aggressive attack. All you're doing there is labeling people, you have not one clue how they live their lives. I'm reasonably certain few people walk around in their lives outside of NWFA and spend time spouting 2nd amendment rights and I'm also reasonably certain that members here get as much or more sun that you do. I for instance have been working in my garden and laying out plans for a new fence as well as many other things not involving firearms in my free time.

It's always the same with your type, labeling, make the guy who doesn't think like you into a kook. I've got news for you, you have no moral high ground. ;) Progressive, pfft!

Yeah, who would make someone who isn't part of the hive mind into a kook?
Hypocrisy, like bad taste, is in the eye of the beholder.

And using 'your type' is the iceing on this cake!

Yeah, who would make someone who isn't part of the hive mind into a kook?
Hypocrisy, like bad taste, is in the eye of the beholder.

And using 'your type' is the iceing on this cake!

LOL, you misspelled "Icing"... I couldn't help it being a right-wing "facsist" and all. :s0155: :s0112:

"fascist" <--- speaking of speeling erors! (yes I see the quotes). :s0155:

Cuz you're not labeling or making assumptions, right?

:s0054:

People are obviously evil and need to be whipped into submission by government. If we allow it -- they will do it. Guaranteed.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic. Laws are for the lawless... if it was legal to commit robbery I still wouldn't do it, if it were legal to have sex with 14-yr. old girls I still wouldn't do it, if it were legal to have more than one wife I still wouldn't do it... ONE IS ENOUGH TROUBLE AND WORK!! :p

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic. Laws are for the lawless... if it was legal to commit robbery I still wouldn't do it, if it were legal to have sex with 14-yr. old girls I still wouldn't do it, if it were legal to have more than one wife I still wouldn't do it... ONE IS ENOUGH TROUBLE AND WORK!! :p

Yeah, if everyone was like you claim to be, anarchy would be all we'd need.
I admit to not being as good as you claim to be, I have a natural inclination toward being good, but as I observe the operation of the more powerful instutitions in our country, like the banks, hedge funds, derivatives trades, and the insurance companies it seems the only thing preventing me from being a pirate is a few billion bucks. This is the only operation of trickle down that I've every observed in operation, "a fish rots from the head down". The operation of the gov that has the most - effect on my freedom, is allowing these parasites to become gods. For example, how can you have a legitimate contract made between an individual citizen and a bank when the bank is allowed to change the terms of the contract for any reason at any time without consent on the part of the citizen? But this is not fantasy, this is a credit card.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR