JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
It's been 18 months of Obama, and I still can buy, sell, possess, and shoot the same guns, accessories, and ammo I could 2 years ago. The only problem so far has been ammo hoarding by people fearing the worst and driving up prices.

Wake me up when there's a real threat. :s0129:

This. (Only a longer timeframe.)

This. (Only a longer timeframe.)

When people dismiss Obama as not a threat to gun ownership even though his political history disagrees with this statement, I like to quote this...

First They came... - Pastor Martin Niemoller

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

So wait, you're saying Obama is some kind of comparison to Hitler we have to rise up against?

Clarify, please, what this non sequitur is supposed to mean, exactly?

I'm still waiting for the Second Amendment to disappear, and the lack of guns available to me.

So wait, you're saying Obama is some kind of comparison to Hitler we have to rise up against?

Clarify, please, what this non sequitur is supposed to mean, exactly?

I'm still waiting for the Second Amendment to disappear, and the lack of guns available to me.

Is that what you got out of my quote?

What my quote means is don't sit back and pretend like there's no problem insofar as threats to the 2nd amendment or eventually you will be wondering why you lost your 2nd amendment rights.

You really think that one president is going to automatically dismantle our Constitution?

Seriously?

OK, I'm going to worry about actual concerns now. :)

You really think that one president is going to automatically dismantle our Constitution?

Seriously?

OK, I'm going to worry about actual concerns now. :)

The real questions are do think that Obama want's you to keep your gun rights as they now stand, and do you think he would take them from you if he could? Direct simple question.

Simple answer: I don't think he wants my gun rights taken away; secondly he can't anyway, so the question at hand (OP) is simply loaded.

Simple answer: I don't think he wants my gun rights taken away; secondly he can't anyway, so the question at hand (OP) is simply loaded.

Then we will disagree on that point. I hope as you say there is nothing to be concerned about but history of this mans record on the right to keep and bear arms disagrees with you so good luck to you in the things that are worthy of concern to you.

Here's a brief summary of my thoughts (because I have to head into work), so some of it may be poorly connected into a working theory.

What I feel like focusing on (and try as I might) is community service and economic policy that will strive to enrich the lower class and bring balance to the current inequity. Also, teaching my children compassion and caring, as well as self-defense, gun use and safety.

Because as we know, it is often the poor and marginalized who resort to crime and obtain guns illegally, thereby creating an atmosphere of polarization (extremism re: gun control/advocacy).

So bottom line, other policies affect the debate. If we reduce crime, we won't have as many people trying to take away our gun rights.

It is a bigger issue than a sitting President.

Here's a brief summary of my thoughts (because I have to head into work), so some of it may be poorly connected into a working theory.

What I feel like focusing on (and try as I might) is community service and economic policy that will strive to enrich the lower class and bring balance to the current inequity. Also, teaching my children compassion and caring, as well as self-defense, gun use and safety.

Because as we know, it is often the poor and marginalized who resort to crime and obtain guns illegally, thereby creating an atmosphere of polarization (extremism re: gun control/advocacy).

So bottom line, other policies affect the debate. If we reduce crime, we won't have as many people trying to take away our gun rights.

It is a bigger issue than a sitting President.

This has really gone beyond the scope of this thread since it is a sticky about "Obama, NorthwestFirearms, and where we go from here..."

I'd be happy to debate it, having grown up as one of those poor and disenfranchised "lower" classes myself I can speak with experience, but here is not the proper thread.

This has really gone beyond the scope of this thread since it is a sticky about "Obama, NorthwestFirearms, and where we go from here..."

I'd be happy to debate it, having grown up as one of those poor and disenfranchised "lower" classes myself I can speak with experience, but here is not the proper thread.

Well, then my answer is, there is nowhere to go, because our Second Amendment will stay intact, just like all the others (with some obvious modernizations).

I think that the folk on the Right might start appreciating some of the Left who DO OWN GUNS and DO WANT TO DEFEND the 2ndA., and will WRITE the administration letting them know what our position is regarding our rights. So don't generalize (Blitzkrieg, *cough*) so much into thinking those jobless whiners in Pioneer Square somehow represent us... we have a common cause, and willing to defend it. Be nice! :D

And, yeah, not every poor person is violent... that surely was not the point I was making...

Well, then my answer is, there is nowhere to go, because our Second Amendment will stay intact, just like all the others (with some obvious modernizations).

Obama's "modernizations" include banning most repeating shotguns, forcing FFL's to track all multiple gun purchases (starting with rifles in the SW), reinstating the Clinton gun ban and everything else, including removing the Second Amendment through the SCOTUS. Allowing BATFE and the FBI to run guns into Mexico and having them be used to kill US citizens and LEO's and then trying to cover it up? I'm sure there's lots more but I have to get ready to go home from work now.

Is that enough for you?

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Calm down, people. Obama is not Hitler, and he's not going to take our toys away. Yeah, his voting record isn't stellar when it comes to gun freedoms, but he simply can't dismantle the Constitution. Chill, people, chill.
Obama's Gun Ban? | FactCheck.org

Deen, here's more accurate info (both sides are fabricating numbers):
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/counting-mexicos-guns/
You might want to reconsider only using Fox News as a resource.

If he does away with it, I will be upset of course. As far as I know, I think our Second Amendment exists. There is no M1 ban; the Garands will probably just end up in the hands of the DoD anyway.

But, I'll keep pushing the issue up. Hopefully, you will too.

The real questions are do think that Obama want's you to keep your gun rights as they now stand, and do you think he would take them from you if he could? Direct simple question.

The only reason obongo hasn't tried for our guns is that he knows it will be the final straw for many. If he and the powers behind him thought it would succeed (every other president since JFK defied them and was murdered by them have been mere puppets), they would take them with a sweep of his pen and our guns would already be long gone

Calm down, people. Obama is not Hitler, and he's not going to take our toys away. Yeah, his voting record isn't stellar when it comes to gun freedoms, but he simply can't dismantle the Constitution. Chill, people, chill.
Obama's Gun Ban? | FactCheck.org

Deen, here's more accurate info (both sides are fabricating numbers):
Counting Mexico's Guns | FactCheck.org
You might want to reconsider only using Fox News as a resource.

If he does away with it, I will be upset of course. As far as I know, I think our Second Amendment exists. There is no M1 ban; the Garands will probably just end up in the hands of the DoD anyway.

But, I'll keep pushing the issue up. Hopefully, you will too.

See now you just submitted willingly to having your gun freedoms infringed and you even defended the guy taking them from you in the process. Honestly it's not the anti gunners that scare me because I know what they are about, it is the gun owners that have this attitude that scare me.

I did not willingly submit to my gun freedoms infringed... uh are you reading into my writing, or am I not communicating clearly? If that was the problem, then let me tell you now.

And that is a BIG IF he does away with it; certainly EVERYONE would be upset, probably even extremist anti-gunners. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Come on... isn't EVERYONE all for "Common sense gun laws"??? :s0140:

Here is the common sense that the anti-gunners consider compromise.

steamroller1.jpg

Miscelleanous%20Guns%20on%20the%20street%20with%20steamroller.jpg

08-destruction-of-firearms.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class