JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He took 8-9 rpunds of 9mm before even starting to get phased.

3-4 rounds of .45 in the same spots would probably not have done anything different.

CNS shot would have been the only way to drop that guy. Or maybe pelvis but not as sure on that one. Hearing it more lately.
we always did failure to stop drills either 2 to the chest 1 to the head (winning hearts and minds) or 2 to the chest 1 to the groin (my personal favorite due to stress and a much bigger area than the T box of the face).

Last Edited:
FYI for u c75/c75 clone shooters looking for more capacity, sportsman's guide has mec-gar 19 rd mags for $27-$30. Mec-Gar makes the mags for CZ as well as lots of other manufacturers. 19+1 is nice.
The baseplate is kinda ugly though for those who care about such things. EDC1950B-2FCB-425A-BA17-81B4DA8E440A.jpeg

Sad the dude had to die, loss of life is unfortunate. Also, unfortunately, the officer has to now live with this experience. Cops are so underpaid.:(

The lesson to me in this video is to keep firing until down, but also move off the center mass after the first shots fired and to the head. (Failure Drill as per Gun Site)

The lesson here should be "know your anatomy" and where to position your weapon. If two to the 'center mass' does not seem to have an effect, drop the next two into the pelvic structure, then two to the nose and eyes triangle. There will be results. Practice with the gun close to 'your' body, avoid the 'movie' crap. A belly gun does not need a sight picture!

Well....I'm cleaning the coffee off the keyboard where I snorted it out. Thanks for that funny....

I don't have a lot of LE training, but in the CG as an MLE officer we were trained to aim for "center body mass" (only). It was drilled into our heads that any deviation from our training was considered a dereliction of duty and could set the CG up for a lawsuit and definitely get the individual in the hot seat. As a private citizen, I would certainly consider taking a head/face shot at that range. Especially if the first eight shots didn't seem to faze him.

It's a good one..
Sorry about the keyboard:)

He was close enough to that officer that he was assulting that the officer could have put one in his head and ended it very quickly.

Good post. This vid should absolutely be part of the conversation about limiting to 10 rounders.
Or improve training. In no way am I for 10 round mags but there is a majority of police officers who don't receive enough training.

Or improve training. In no way am I for 10 round mags but there is a majority of police officers who don't receive enough training.
True and most would agree with you. Some make time for their own training. Some departments train better than others. However, keep in mind this is even more true for those who carry concealed and are not LEO. One study I heard about indicated that only 1% of those in Texas who had a concealed carry permit had any training beyond the initial class.

Not directed at anyone on this forum or thread...but does not seem to be much different in the Northwest. Folks on this forum are active and mostly way ahead of the curve. But I talk with lots of folks who have the, "I've been shooting since I was 14 years old," mentality, rarely "train", never qualify for a score under stress (like most LEO's have to do monthly or at least quarterly in general), and few have any desire to do this. Those on this forum represent leaders in this area and hopefully we can encourage others to better themselves. I think we are collectively pushing this 1% to a much higher number fortunately.

And if the victim was of a different color?

And what about the guy doing the video and his very verbal comments? (Yeah....I might assume his racial extraction too).

Aloha, Mark

I saw this in two diff threads on another gun forum. Comments all over the place about what the cop should have done, about 9mm vs .45ACP, and even about getting LEOs trained to go hands on with Brazilian Ju Jitsu. Sheesh.

.45ACP is not a death ray... remember the story about a WA state LEO that emptied 3 mags of .45 into a perp before the guy went down???

Single head shots don't always work... Gabby Giffords is still walking talking and going around raising anti gun cain with Space Boy husband Mark Kelly. Remember the story about a guy going to his dentist after years of upper jaw pain? He had been shot in the face many years before with a .45ACP and the bullet was still lodged in there.

9mm vs .45ACP is why I carry one of these:

View attachment 823348
Where do I get one of those?

True and most would agree with you. Some make time for their own training. Some departments train better than others. However, keep in mind this is even more true for those who carry concealed and are not LEO. One study I heard about indicated that only 1% of those in Texas who had a concealed carry permit had any training beyond the initial class.

Not directed at anyone on this forum or thread...but does not seem to be much different in the Northwest. Folks on this forum are active and mostly way ahead of the curve. But I talk with lots of folks who have the, "I've been shooting since I was 14 years old," mentality, rarely "train", never qualify for a score under stress (like most LEO's have to do monthly or at least quarterly in general), and few have any desire to do this. Those on this forum represent leaders in this area and hopefully we can encourage others to better themselves. I think we are collectively pushing this 1% to a much higher number fortunately.
I agree 100 percent. I think training physically, shooting, mentality, situational awareness, the way you talk and address issues, how you dress, how you hold yourself, combat hunter, a lot of things can be learned and compounded upon. It's easy to sit behind a computer it's another to put in work and actively better yourself. In stress you will not rise to your personal expectations but you will drop to your level of training. Another reason I am about to enroll in jiu jitsu here shorty. Just another tool to learn and another resource to avoid deadly force.

These guys were marksmen as evidenced by the metals they wore below their badges. Perhaps it's time to get back to basic training for police officers and ensure their pistoleros skills are up to snuff...
3DE142C2-BC9D-444A-9181-FCB5AB29D1B4.jpeg
How I long for the way things used to be...

sigh....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR