JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the problem is, we are used to watching movies were people get "blown away" with a handgun, then there is reality. How many of you hunters hsve placed a good shot on an amimal with a rifle and still have it run a good distance.

Shot at least 8-9 times in the upper torso but the only blood showing at the end was at the lower abdomen. I think he was wearing a ceramic vest of some kind. And he was still alive after 12 rounds, gasping for air like a fish. More evidence of a vest. 8-9 hammer blows to a chest will do that to you. Waiting for more info on this one.

Appears he was dead man walking at about shots 7-8.

As for the 9 vs 45 thing, not enough info to bring that into the conversation. Don't know where the rounds actually hit.

Not going for the head shots...training scars? Unknown...I do know there's still too much static chatter about how hard it is to consistently hit the head with a handgun. If you're satisfied with anything but a 4-6" group at any yard range you practice, then stick to torso shots and hope for the best.

Shot at least 8-9 times in the upper torso but the only blood showing at the end was at the lower abdomen. I think he was wearing a ceramic vest of some kind. And he was still alive after 12 rounds, gasping for air like a fish. More evidence of a vest. 8-9 hammer blows to a chest will do that to you. Waiting for more info on this one.

Unless the round (s) go through the snot locker, the person can live up to 2+ minutes...depending on the internal damage.

I think the problem is, we are used to watching movies were people get "blown away" with a handgun, then there is reality. How many of you hunters hsve placed a good shot on an amimal with a rifle and still have it run a good distance.

I mangled this boy's heart with a .308 under 50yds.... he ran like a mo-fo (uphill) and it took me 45 minutes to find him in the brush.

17414134-6145-4094-A613-181E25B9E42E.jpeg

I've taken two other deer with .223 (both were heart shots again under 30yds) and they both jumped straight up and hit the ground dead....

The "will to fight" within the animal (or target) definitely factors into the eqaution.

I saw this in two diff threads on another gun forum. Comments all over the place about what the cop should have done, about 9mm vs .45ACP, and even about getting LEOs trained to go hands on with Brazilian Ju Jitsu. Sheesh.

.45ACP is not a death ray... remember the story about a WA state LEO that emptied 3 mags of .45 into a perp before the guy went down???

Single head shots don't always work... Gabby Giffords is still walking talking and going around raising anti gun cain with Space Boy husband Mark Kelly. Remember the story about a guy going to his dentist after years of upper jaw pain? He had been (unknown to himself) shot in the face many years before with a .45ACP and the bullet was still lodged in there.

9mm vs .45ACP is why I carry one of these:

dragon-1.jpg

Last Edited:
I saw this in two diff threads on another gun forum. Comments all over the place about what the cop should have done, about 9mm vs .45ACP, and even about getting LEOs trained to go hands on with Brazilian Ju Jitsu. Sheesh.

.45ACP is not a death ray... remember the story about a WA state LEO that emptied 3 mags of .45 into a perp before the guy went down???

Single head shots don't always work... Gabby Giffords is still walking talking and going around raising anti gun cain with Space Boy husband Mark Kelly. Remember the story about a guy going to his dentist after years of jaw pain? He had been shot in the fave many years before with a .45ACP and the bullet was still lodged in there.

9mm vs .45ACP is why I carry one of these:

View attachment 823348

Good points. Some people want to find a magic bullet and there's no such thing.

Yep, I've shot many deer/elk right thru the heart with rifle rounds and had them run quite aways, needing another shot(s) to put them down, or leading to tracking (at night, ugh). Never approach a downed animal assuming it is stone dead, right???

I saw this item posted on AR15.com a few days ago and the guy that was shot was a computer security consultant. Maybe lost everything in the pandemic etc.

Frankly i am not sure a 45 would have been much better !
I once saw a small buck absorb a square hit from a 300 win and run in a huge circle absorbing several more hits from a 270 and a .308 before he finally fell. The buck weighed about 120 lbs. And he kept up with the does he was with for a good 400 yards, before he slowed down !. That deputy has my sympathy, That would be a hard memory to live with. ...tj
PS
And the guy talking is a sick SOB, that's what he likes to see ?

The guy who was shot wasn't the type of guy that marches happen, democrats kneel for, and buildings burn. The guy who "likes to see it" was.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top