JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the club down here in Roseburg says they have IPSC but it is nowhere on their calendar plus I am just not a fan of the club. So, I would like to know if there are any USPSA/IPSC shoots in the Eugene area or the Grants Pass area. I would like to keep my drive to an hour but would do the ARPC thing if that was the only available option; I have been to comps before at ARPC and it is a great place, just to far.

Also, would I need to take an intro class for either event?

I would be shooting my USP 40 or my STI Spartan; which class to shoot in would be better?

So the club down here in Roseburg says they have IPSC but it is nowhere on their calendar plus I am just not a fan of the club. So, I would like to know if there are any USPSA/IPSC shoots in the Eugene area or the Grants Pass area. I would like to keep my drive to an hour but would do the ARPC thing if that was the only available option; I have been to comps before at ARPC and it is a great place, just to far.

Also, would I need to take an intro class for either event?

I would be shooting my USP 40 or my STI Spartan; which class to shoot in would be better?

USP for Production or go Single Stack for the Spartan (if they have it).

I shoot Roseburg IPSC when I can. In Eugene, we shoot IDPA 1st Sat of the month, at the Izaak Walton range. Steel match 3rd Saturday. I am the new IPSC MD for Eugene, we will have matches start in March, not sure yet what day.

www.eugenepracticalshooters.com

For Eugene, get there at 8:15 and go thru the 15 minute instructions. then we will put you on a squad, generally with someone to answer questions, offer advice, etc.

The guns for IDPA would SSP for UPS, and CDP for the Spartan. Bring whichever floats your boat, and that you have holster an mag pouches/mags for.

The steel matches are a great way to start, IMHO.

Hope to see you,

Ben

What does it cost to shoot with you guys in Eugene? I'd really like to try it some time.
For cost:

Whatever it costs you for ammo. 100 rds will do for IDPA, I recommend 150 for steel and also for IPSC, but you will likely not use it all.

Steel matches are $10, IPSC is $15, and IDPA is $15 for non-IDPA members and $10 for IDPA members.

Next match is IDPA on March 6th, IPSC on March 7th, and steel on March 20th. Steel is a nice way to ease into competitive pistol shooting, but IDPA is is fine as well.

We welcome new shooters, and hope to see you at the range. Visit the website for a Google maps link.

as others stated... speed steel matches. theyre fun, not a whole lot of ammo, and cheap to enter. i go to tcgc matches... best part, no class you have to attend as you before you can shoot ipsc

Hiya Tim, haven't seen you in a while, I've made some lunchbreak EEGC trips but less than before.

Cheers,

Ben

Not to completely hijack the thread, but are there any IDPA ,matches closer to Portland? I used to live in Eastern NC, where we had 5 ranges with IDPA matches within 70 miles. Last time I asked around, we didn't have any around Portland.

Thanks,
Michael

Not to completely ignore your hijack, but Tri-County offers a Tactical match. They are rumored to be fixin' to start IDPA, which I am told has been almost but not quite for a long time, AFAIK. TCGC tactical matches are described as "like an IPSC 3-gun match with IDPA rules", I have never made one.

Other than that, Washington, and I don't think anything is real close to PDX.

IPSC it, 2 good IPSC clubs pretty close, TCGC and the Dundee club. Go Single Stack or Production or L10 or Limited. You can IDPA your way around corners and slice the pie, draw from concealment, all that. You won't win that way, but so what. No one cares if you do.

I shot IPSC in Idaho for a couple of years before moving to Oregon in 2000. I have a buddy that wants me to get back into it. I have a mini-14 Rancher SS, w/strap, 30rd. mag, and 3x9 Burris. Would anybody be interested in a trade for a full-size 1911 clone target in .45ACP for factory competition??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top