JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are some reasonable 1-4 and 1-6 scopes out there too. I really like my millet DMS-2 1-6x. There is a touch of magnification at 1x but is very forgiving on the eye relief so it's acts much like a red dot with fast target acquisition and has an illuminated reticle as well.

Last Edited:
IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1916.JPG IMG_1918.JPG

Have you thought about a BAD lever? Personally I think it's the first thing that should be put on, and an oversight by Mr stoner in his design. I have never been a fan of the default bolt release on AR's but I have clearly gotten over it

Ya I get that. I wasn't too keen on my first slick side either, but it shoots great and then I realized I didn't miss them not being there.

Show me a picture of it.
First pic you can see it's attached to the bolt release. Second pic you can see it bends around receiver above and right of the trigger. To me, the ergonomics of the rifle improve considerably, and they are $30. This is a magpul but Troy makes a nice one as well that is equal and a few bucks less.
IMG_8937.JPG IMG_8938.JPG

Seriously, the first $200 that you spend on your rifle should be for ammo. Go out and shoot it. Then shoot it some more. So far I'm getting from you (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you want more, but you don't really know what yet. So go shoot the gun. Find out how you enjoy shooting it. You may like bench shooting at long distances. You may like engaging multiple targets and close range. You may like plinking. You may like all of that (I like all of that :)). The point is, a few months from now, you'll suddenly realize that you know what you want next. Then you can spend your money on something you know that you want. For now, you've got an AR! lots of folks don't. Enjoy it for what it is: The worlds greatest sports utility rifle.

The one thing I really like about this group of folks on this forum is all of us have been in the same boat as you. We were new to the gun world and ARs at one time and we have gone through the same thought process as you.

In saying that they are down to earth and so they are telling to shoot it and enjoy it before you spend a ton of money cuz your buddy says it is the best thing, only to find out you hate it and the stock gun felt better.

Some of us started playing in the AR world when there were very few options out there up until now where there are catalog after catalog of AR goodies. We have all played the gun dance with all the bell and whistles and you will do the same over time. Learn from our mistakes!

I have so many take off stock grips and spare parts (and I keep adding to them) and I have dressed a couple of them up so many times and different ways that I am not sure what they looked like when I got them but to me they are like an expensive jig saw puzzle/Barbie dolls.

I agree a good grip makes a big difference but before you buy stop at a couple shops and try a few out. Magpul is now on a lot of different factory guns so handle one and see if it is what you like before you buy. I like the BCM Mod 3 grip as it is wider for my fat hands and a different angle than stock and both grips are less than 20 bucks. Hogue and Magpul make a rubberized grip that some folks like for its added gripping power with sweaty hands.

I prefer flip up sites over red dots as they require no batteries and there is nothing worse than being at the range with dead batteries and no spare. I run a 2x7 scope on one for medium range fun but before you spend on a new one use the one you have learn what it is capable of then go shop for a new one. Then you truly have something to compare to.

Enjoy and welcome to the AR addiction.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR