JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There really is no free float barrel for a AR because you always have the gas block and gas tube but any way but with the A front site it connects the barrel to the hand guard so

Save your money man! Buy a new upper and some new furniture for your rifle! Those brand names are BS. Yours is just an economy version of theirs. Theirs cost so much because they come (most of the time) with all those bells and whistles.
My suggestion is, buy a new upper and change the grip and buttstock to something different. It'll give it a new feel and purpose.
Say an M4 sport version to a 20" A2 model? Or perhaps an 18" spr with an optic?

I made that mistake first coming into the firearm hobby. Especially ARs.. I thought price tag and bells and whistles meant that it was going to be some new whiz bang thing. It wasn't, it never was
(with ARs)

Now if you mean change calibers, go with a 7.62x39 complete upper and some new mags! Boom, then you have a totally new feeling rifle! Some fussing required with the 7.62x39 uppers/mags (sometimes) though..

Save your money and swap parts if you're just getting another AR.
If you are wanting a new rifle, change rifle types altogether and keep what you currently have. You can always sell it later when you're sure you're absolutely done with it. Then again, I ALWAYS have sellers remorse when it comes to firearms so Im a bit biased.

Keep the rifle, another AR will be just that. Another AR. I have a few, and have assembled them myself. For very reasonable prices too. I don't need fancy name brands to trust that any of mine will work when needed. I've heard guys say only Colts are AR's you can trust to "go to war" with. Sorry, I call BS.

I have one AR upper with no dust cover I think I bought it because it was a sale like $35 bucks or something crazy I have never had to use my forward asst that I can remember lol sorry had to edit it has no cover or forward asst on my pistol that is a polymer 80% lower

No forward asst or dust cover IMAG0691.jpg

Nice pistol @EPS. Skipping the FA and the DC can help trim down weight for pistol and lightweight carbine builds! Doesn't make them any less shootable! :)

Well I don't really have to change my uppers LOL BECAUSE I HAVE 4 AR15 well 31/2 building another but have 5.56 pistol 5.56 rifle and 300 blk out rifle and built a 5.56 rifle for my sister

+1 never used my forward assist. Also, the only time I use the dust cover is when I travel with the rifle. But even then I don't need it because it is put away in a case. If I was gonna crawl around the desert or the swamp then sure I would but not here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top