JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey really new to the forum. I have a M&P Sport but want to up grade to something different looking at the Rogue Defense or Anderson. Any and all input welcome. Would like a BCM but I'm on a budget so need to keep cost down. Even any input about the M&P is welcome.

If you search around you can find good parts for cheap and build your own. There's plenty of videos and information on how to do it.it also makes it a little more personal and i found it pretty entertaining to do it

Hey really new to the forum. I have a M&P Sport but want to up grade to something different looking at the Rogue Defense or Anderson. Any and all input welcome. Would like a BCM but I'm on a budget so need to keep cost down. Even any input about the M&P is welcome.
I don't know anything about Rogue Defense, but Anderson is not an upgrade from Smith & Wesson. What is it that you're looking to improve? Because that M&P is a solid start. You could just upgrade the gun that you have.

If you just want it to look prettier, put a Magpul stock and handguard on it. If you want it to shoot better, upgrade the trigger. Both of these mods can be done with ordinary tools and minimal mechanical ability.

Give us an idea what you want and you'll probably get a ton of suggestions. These folks love their AR projects.

I would second just upgrading yours. Really there's not much difference between a basic AR and a mid to higher end other than the trigger, and barrel.
The other parts you can swap all day long.

I've built a few and my Delton that is a lower end AR is still my go to favorite.
I made a few upgrades, but not much.

you will end up spending about the same amount "upgrading" than to just buy a new one. nothing wrong with the sport. just get a new one. they are super cheap....yes i am one handed typeing this as i am eating lol

well , there you go.... if you want a different upper, with dust cover, and forward assist, then yeah, you can get new, but if it works as is, it's worth it's weight in gold under a shtf scenario ...

IMG_1438.JPG

See if anything Colt makes tickles your fancy. I don't know about the other 5,000 AR "manufacturers" but a Colt is generally conceded to be a solid investment.

Hey M&P are a good little gun. If your on a budget then just do upgrades to it. IMG_1506.JPG

Optics or new furniture go along way. I would trust mine if SHTF it shoots anything and I have never had a jamb. Buddy dropped it in the mud once didn't skip a beat.

Just my .02

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR