Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WalMart must know something we dont:They are suspecting orders on ammo.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PMKN_PI, Jan 13, 2013.

1. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. | InvestmentWatch

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

So what is the problem?

A company is worried about getting stuck with several million in inventory they can do nothing with. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

fd15k, MilitantBEEMER, Izzy and 5 others like this.
  3. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

why not at least maintain status quo size orders and meet demand for gun owners already out there? Why stop altogether? makes no sense. Its crazy to have empty shelf space which could be occupied by goods that could be sold. Something is going on. Gonna ignore this? Go ahead. At your own peril.

XManSV and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

TKevlar and (deleted member) like this.
  5. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Sounds like hearsay from a low-level manager.

Walmart cares about one thing: your money.

If they have ammo to order, or ammo to deliver, it is being ordered and delivered. They are selling it as fast as they are stocking shelves with it. Same goes for firearms of all kinds.

Same goes for any firearms dealer in this entire country right now. If they can order it and stock it, they can sell it and make money off it.

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good to me maybe Bimart will be able to order what they dont.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

BiMart rules....

8. ramdodger

ramdodger IDHAO New Member

BiMarts up and down the TV Hwy have been pretty scarce in that dept lately...

9. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

I love bi-mart. The Vancouver store was the only store I could find 5.56 in stock at. Of course I went today and its all gone. PMC X-Tac too , I was surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

10. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

Walmart is only a fair weather friend to firearms sales.

This time article shows they have bounced all over the place over the years:
    Walmart Meets With Attorney General on Gun Control | TIME.com

Their marketing decisions have always amazed me. I am happy to report that I live much closer to a BiMart than I do to a Walmart so the choice between the two is easy.

Right now, most of the players have got to be hoping for the current gun control momentum to burn out. But, there appear to be legs in it. Keep supporting our friends.

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I saw on the news tonight Sen Charles Schumer D-NY, pleading with the nations leading firearms retailers and mentioned Wal-Mart by name to stop selling firearms until congress "can act".

I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in years. Doesn't look like I'll be going in there anytime in the future either.

orygun, Grunwald, TJdamon and 3 others like this.
  12. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Oh and "suspecting orders on ammo"..... huh?

13. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

My enemy's enemy is my friend?

14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Was this suspension for ALL ammo or just 'certain' calibers? If that is the case .223 is used in other rifles as well as high cap autos but obviously that is what most of it is used for.

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I want 5.56, not .223 anyway. Most people don't realize there is a difference but there is. Loading is different, case thickness is different as is the leade.

16. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

I'm not understanding what decisions could impact the ammo?

17. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Looks like a super political battle is about to start anew. It is always good to remember who your friends are and those who looked afer you in the time of need. Maybe their stock will tank tomorrow! This event gives new meaning to "Fair weather friends". Hopefully, those on the right side will win out on this challenge; if not, the future looks ugly. Better to prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

Interesting that all this noise over gun control happened in the wake of the horriable events in Sandy Hook when Adam in theory shot those children with a .223 (however, there is a report on the other blog from a first responder that the ar had a .22 caliber conversion and not a .223). Most of the noise on this is coming from the NE states from the same character disordered (if not demented) politicians. There is a report that Adam was on an antispychotic medication that had a listed side effect "aggression". So with all this confusion we change the direction of a nation? Ugg!

Question: If the ar was equiped with a .22 caliber conversion, would it not be likely that the survival rate would have been higher?

18. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

no....but that would help them explain how little bodies absorbed multiple shots without any passing through. hmmmmmmm

19. njames

njames medford,or Member

When are they supposed make the final decision on the ban??

20. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

Did some google searching and this "story" seems to be changing everywhere it is posted...

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Michigan...

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Utah....

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Arizona.....

I agree, if even true, I would not be ordering product I might get stuck with and on the level that Wal Mart purchases, that would be a lot.

I have NEVER bought ammo at Wal Mart and never will. I would rather give my money to a locally employee owned company like Bi Mart, even if it costs me a buck or two extra.....

PBinWA, nick1980, soberups and 5 others like this.