JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. | InvestmentWatch
Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything…BUT.
She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.

She called corporate as I was standing there.
And was told this. “As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment”. Said, “As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved”.
Read more at BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. | InvestmentWatch

So what is the problem?

A company is worried about getting stuck with several million in inventory they can do nothing with. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

why not at least maintain status quo size orders and meet demand for gun owners already out there? Why stop altogether? makes no sense. Its crazy to have empty shelf space which could be occupied by goods that could be sold. Something is going on. Gonna ignore this? Go ahead. At your own peril.

Sounds like hearsay from a low-level manager.

Walmart cares about one thing: your money.

If they have ammo to order, or ammo to deliver, it is being ordered and delivered. They are selling it as fast as they are stocking shelves with it. Same goes for firearms of all kinds.

Same goes for any firearms dealer in this entire country right now. If they can order it and stock it, they can sell it and make money off it.

Walmart is only a fair weather friend to firearms sales.

This time article shows they have bounced all over the place over the years:
Walmart Meets With Attorney General on Gun Control | TIME.com

Their marketing decisions have always amazed me. I am happy to report that I live much closer to a BiMart than I do to a Walmart so the choice between the two is easy.

Right now, most of the players have got to be hoping for the current gun control momentum to burn out. But, there appear to be legs in it. Keep supporting our friends.

I saw on the news tonight Sen Charles Schumer D-NY, pleading with the nations leading firearms retailers and mentioned Wal-Mart by name to stop selling firearms until congress "can act".

I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in years. Doesn't look like I'll be going in there anytime in the future either.

Was this suspension for ALL ammo or just 'certain' calibers? If that is the case .223 is used in other rifles as well as high cap autos but obviously that is what most of it is used for.

Was this suspension for ALL ammo or just 'certain' calibers? If that is the case .223 is used in other rifles as well as high cap autos but obviously that is what most of it is used for.

I want 5.56, not .223 anyway. Most people don't realize there is a difference but there is. Loading is different, case thickness is different as is the leade.

Looks like a super political battle is about to start anew. It is always good to remember who your friends are and those who looked afer you in the time of need. Maybe their stock will tank tomorrow! This event gives new meaning to "Fair weather friends". Hopefully, those on the right side will win out on this challenge; if not, the future looks ugly. Better to prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

Interesting that all this noise over gun control happened in the wake of the horriable events in Sandy Hook when Adam in theory shot those children with a .223 (however, there is a report on the other blog from a first responder that the ar had a .22 caliber conversion and not a .223). Most of the noise on this is coming from the NE states from the same character disordered (if not demented) politicians. There is a report that Adam was on an antispychotic medication that had a listed side effect "aggression". So with all this confusion we change the direction of a nation? Ugg!

Question: If the ar was equiped with a .22 caliber conversion, would it not be likely that the survival rate would have been higher?

Did some google searching and this "story" seems to be changing everywhere it is posted...

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Michigan...

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Utah....

"I stopped in my local Wal Mart" posted by someone in Arizona.....

I agree, if even true, I would not be ordering product I might get stuck with and on the level that Wal Mart purchases, that would be a lot.

I have NEVER bought ammo at Wal Mart and never will. I would rather give my money to a locally employee owned company like Bi Mart, even if it costs me a buck or two extra.....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top