JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what is the problem?

A company is worried about getting stuck with several million in inventory they can do nothing with. Sounds like a smart business move to me.

Why would they be stuck with inventory? Nobody is even seriously talking about banning ammunition. High cap mag ban - maybe, ammo ban - no frickin way.

Someone should email Walmart and tell them if they are going to stop selling ammo. That having pages and pages of it displayed on their web site is not a good idea.

But over the years I have learned to trust anything I'm told by people on internet sites.

Someone should email Walmart and tell them if they are going to stop selling ammo. That having pages and pages of it displayed on their web site is not a good idea.

But over the years I have learned to trust anything I'm told by people on internet sites.
That would be considered False Advertisement. Last time I heard was that false advertising is a crime.

That would be considered False Advertisement. Last time I heard was that false advertising is a crime.

That would be my point if they were going to stop selling ammo the first thing they would do is stop advertizing it. SO I would guess they have no intention of stopping the sale of ammo.

I know several people that have received this email from Midway....

"Dear ...........,

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service"

Corporations like Walmart are greedy, yes. Walmart wants to sell you ammo/guns and make $$ at it. But they are also lawsuit and liability adverse. So their concern is that some patsy will go shoot up a mall with a Walmart rifle or ammo and it will be bad PR, or worse, they'll be sued.

However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories.
So an Executive Order is a possibility then? Someone with some political savvy please explain the basic provisions of an Executive Order for those of us who may not be as knowledgeable.

This must be news to the Wal-Mart near me. I went in there at 6am this morning, found (6) 100rd boxes of of Federal 230gr on the shelf for $32 dollars a box. The guy that opened the cabinet for me said that the ammo had just came in on their delivery truck a few hours before.

And yup, I bought all 6 boxes. :s0155:

Alas, they probably do know something: <broken link removed>

Once again this article emphasizes the importance of boycotting any corporation that plays crony-ball with the government. My prediction: the "Buy America" crowd will boycott Walmart for selling Chinese products, but continue to buy GM/Chevy crapmobiles. Hypocrites.

Question: If the ar was equiped with a .22 caliber conversion, would it not be likely that the survival rate would have been higher?
If that is true then several suffered and many might have been saved had the trauma team had been allowed to setup triage on scene.

.22 is a choice of an assassin. They are small, lean, and tend to enter but not leave the body. They will go in a head and bounce around inside a skull, scrambling the brains. They will go in and lodge inside of a body. If that is true, this might have been an actually professional setup going with the tinfoil trimmings and all.

So what is the problem?

A company is worried about getting stuck with several million in inventory they can do nothing with. Sounds like a smart business move to me.
Woah there hoss, Pull UP!

Banning Hi-caps and semi auto modern sporting rifles is one thing.
Banning ammunition is another thing altogether. That would be an extreme case of infringement on the right to bear arm.
As we all know, and unloaded gun is a fancy paperweight.

Midway or Brownells being stuck with AR parts is one thing. The country's largest retailer getting out of ammo sales in quite another.
They may do it for image purposes until the dust settles on the AWB debate, but the day that ammo sales are against the law is the day things start to boil over.
And if there is a profit to be made from it, you can bet WalMart will fight for it.

You ever been to Portland, Oregon?

That is exactly what they did here. Oh yeah I forgot, unless I ask for permission and pay a fee.
Not being able to carry loaded within a given jurisdiction is one thing, and will most likely be defeated if challenged. On the basis of recent court rulings.

Banning ammo sales nationwide is different, and given that a gun is not a gun without ammo, would NEVER survive a SCOTUS challenge.
Unless of course Kennedy, Scalia, and Roberts come down with fatal heart attacks, or strokes, or some other fatal Chicago-related illnesses.

One never knows how a "wise" latina might rule on such a case.

Not being able to carry loaded within a given jurisdiction is one thing, and will most likely be defeated if challenged. On the basis of recent court rulings.

Banning ammo sales nationwide is different, and given that a gun is not a gun without ammo, would NEVER survive a SCOTUS challenge.
Unless of course Kennedy, Scalia, and Roberts come down with fatal heart attacks, or strokes, or some other fatal Chicago-related illnesses.

One never knows how a "wise" latina might rule on such a case.

As we saw with Obamacare, all it takes is a 5-4 opinion within the supreme court.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top