JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm waiting for a dealer to dealer transfer to happen for my suppressor. Paper work was sent in by dealer about 3 weeks ago and I called the dealer for an update. They contacted the BATFE and were notified that the pending date is mid Jan., and to expect about a 6 week wait from there.
I know its the holidays and all but wow! almost 3 months for a dealer to dealer transfer. I can only imaging how long it'll take to approve the Form 4 once it's sent in.

My form 3's last year took 3 months, that's been the norm for a while. The manufacturers I use have had form 2's taking 3 months as well. I think we have 6 month form 1/4's until if/when new examiners get hired.

Hmmmm seeing as a Pending date is when it's entered into the system- unless something changed.

but with NFA calling and bugging does nothing but put people on the phone instead of stamping papers. Guess what- when it's done they'll notify your dealer and he should notify you. NFA is not for the impatient.

Hmmmm seeing as a Pending date is when it's entered into the system- unless something changed.

but with NFA calling and bugging does nothing but put people on the phone instead of stamping papers. Guess what- when it's done they'll notify your dealer and he should notify you. NFA is not for the impatient.

It was the dealer that called for me. I was under the impression it was typically a 4 week wait so that's why I was surprised it was going to take about 3 months.
If I was waiting for the form 4, I wouldn't be worrying. Heck, I'd be jumping for joy if that was a 3 month wait.

My local dealer ordered two suppressors for me from their distributor on October 19th. I talked to him last week and he said they have no idea what's going on and it has never taken this long for dealer transfers. It's like the NFA branch has become a roach motel. Paperwork goes in...

Waiting, waiting, waiting..... :s0054:

And then the joy of the Form 4 wait will begin...:paper:

I only predict wait times to increase. I do agree that sales (even NFA stuff) increase across the board. Let's put it this way, there's no way that wait times decrease. I don't know if it's true, but I always here they hired new examiners or contractors to help out. I'm sure the extra resources help, but I try not to think about it. I just block it out of my mind or I'll go crazy.:s0114:

Last Form 3 I did which was about 3-4 months ago, I got it back within 3.5 weeks. Surprised me, but hey, it's all good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top