JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not and have never have a CHL or any kind of license. Instant approval on Thursday.

before I got my chl, the salesman would likely mention how fast my approval was. I always thought I was special and got it quicker because my dad and uncle were cops:cool:lol
Funny thing is, after I got the chl, it mysteriously slowed down. But my Father and uncle have been retired for about a decade now, so that must explain it:p

Wife has a new pistol waiting for her. Shop has the pistol and the proceed but has now been told they can't open. No big deal for us as she did not pay for the gun. Since the shop knows us they don't ask for payment up front. Feel for the damn owners though. He wants our money, we would love to give it to him. He said he is trying to see if he can get an OK to let people who already had a BGC going could make an appointment or such to come finish.

Wife has a new pistol waiting for her. Shop has the pistol and the proceed but has now been told they can't open. No big deal for us as she did not pay for the gun. Since the shop knows us they don't ask for payment up front. Feel for the damn owners though. He wants our money, we would love to give it to him. He said he is trying to see if he can get an OK to let people who already had a BGC going could make an appointment or such to come finish.
This is my concern. I was going to put up a few firearms for sale tomorrow but if FFLs are limited in availability this might not be the best time to put them up for sale.

This is my concern. I was going to put up a few firearms for sale tomorrow but if FFLs are limited in availability this might not be the best time to put them up for sale.
It's kind of a catch 22. It's finally a sellers market for a lot of guns. Ever since the election the bottom dropped out and left prices lower than I have ever seen them. Well now people are clamoring for guns faster than the factory can make them. The sticking point now is the damn BGC and FFL's. Could not hurt to toss some up IF, you can find a FFL who will do transfers. Probably depend on where you live. Call a few and ask. There are a LOT of people trying to buy right now.

So what is up with folks getting approved in less that 15 minutes, when there are over a 1,000 people in line? Random selection?

I waited for two hours, right before the madness, for a 113 year old rifle I'm going to restore. Seems very odd to me. o_O

So what is up with folks getting approved in less that 15 minutes, when there are over a 1,000 people in line? Random selection?

I waited for two hours, right before the madness, for a 113 year old rifle I'm going to restore. Seems very odd to me. o_O
Not sure, but we might narrow it down in this thread!

Mine was instant, for a Glock.

No current CHL, gave my SSN and have LE background in the military.

Not sure, but we might narrow it down in this thread!

Mine was instant, for a Glock.

No current CHL, gave my SSN and have LE background in the military.
I'm pretty sure it truly is random. I buy and sell A LOT, have a CHL, prior military and current LE. I always submit my SSN. Still waited 4 days before I could pick up my BCM this week because I got shoved to the back of a 2750 Q.

I've never waited longer than 5 minutes until all this crap popped off.

On a separate note, transfer took 4 hours, new purchase took 2 days, and a buddy has had one instant return, and another back of the line experience.

It's very possible that they are so overwhelmed that they are just processing them randomly

At first I thought your county might have something to do with it, but I've done transactions in 3 different counties over the last 2 weeks and it's been all over the map, which further leads me to believe it's random and luck of the draw.

Looks like I'm just going to wait until this crap is over, I had a stripped lower I ordered online before all this talk about bad timing. I don't feel like making two trips to my lgs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top