JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well, living in rural Lewis County, I am fairly certain that my representatives KNOW how they need to vote if they want to continue as legislators...Now, those guys from King, Pierce and Snohomish counties are the ones to worry about..

Further, the Chair of that committee has not shown an inclination to hear this particular bill, so it is unlikely that it will pass this session. However, be assured that I will oppose the bill should it come up for a vote.

This is hardly reassuring to me. "not shown an inclination" can quickly change to "being strong armed by nobama" (he meddles all the time and is especially targeting states.

Also, one person opposing it is hardly squashing it.

Thanks for the info though. And like the other person said, there are also other bills to worry about.

I like this letter better ;)

Thank you for writing me about SB 5737. I appreciate your prompt diligence for contacting me about this bill.

The only good thing about SB 5737 is that it has no chance to become law. This bill has been referred to the Senate Law & Justice Committee on which I serve. The majority makeup of that committee and the disposition of the chair, I expect this bill will remain bottled up in committee and die quietly, same as other gun control measures that must pass this committee.

By the same token, any House bills on gun control that pass out of the House would proceed to the Senate and be heard in Law & Justice. I would expect them to be dead on arrival.

MORE ACTION>>> But I do recommend that you contact the office of Senator Mike Padden, chair of the Law and Justice Committee to echo your remarks. Chairman Padden directs which bills are heard in his committee andwhich do not get a hearing - thus rendering them dead.
Email: [email protected], office phone: (360) 786-7606. Sen. Padden is probably the single most influential and realistic person in this legislature for stopping any gun control measures.

Just to be sure you know my position, I am 100% against any ban on assault weapons, high capacity magazines or any limitation of this sort.

You can always count on my support to oppose any measures that would limit the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens – every single time!

Thank you for your outreach.

Pam Roach
State Senator

More from Danny Westneat (who's certainly no friend of the Second Amendment) about this ridiculous piece of legislation.

<broken link removed>

The specter of police going door to door obviously is the gunner nightmare come true. It does seem unconstitutional. But all three senators said they wouldn’t support such a plan, either. It was in the bill by mistake.

As a militia regiment of readers pointed out, this strained credulity. Two of the lawmakers — Sens. Adam Kline and Jeanne Kohl-Welles, both D-Seattle — backed the same legislation twice previously, most recently in 2010. Eight House Democrats also sponsored a nearly identical bill in 2005.

“Senator Kline flat-out lied to you,” read a typical email. “You are too naive to call yourself a journalist.”

Maybe so, but I still don’t think Kline lied. Because when the same bill came up in 2010, he also said then that he didn’t support the home inspections.

“There’s no purpose in having that clause,” Kline said during a 2010 public hearing, agreeing with an NRA lobbyist who had called the police searches “a gross violation of the Fourth Amendment.” Kline pledged then to take the provision out of the bill.

Of course he didn’t — Kline co-sponsored it again this year with the same provision. I don’t blame anyone for doubting him. He has, after all, put in the same alleged mistake three times now. But it’s also true he’s on record opposing police inspections before.

Unbelievable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads