JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got a staccato and it was fine, handguns aren't getting banned........yet
I think you mean not all are ban yet.

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;
(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel; or
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip;

I wonder if that includes fixed barrel pistols that use a barrel nut to keep them together.

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;
(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel; or
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip;

I wonder if that includes fixed barrel pistols that use a barrel nut to keep them together.

(B) A second hand grip;

It would seem to include any pistol that meets its requirements, regardless of whether it has a fixed barrel or not. "Fixed barrel" is not part of the law as a qualifier or disqualifier of any particular nature or status.

(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

Since almost all semi auto pistols have the barrel enclosed within the slide, does this section essentially ban almost all semi auto pistols?

This appropriately sums it up!!!

5CDB5944-A820-43BB-9432-046BBDCF7F15.png

It would seem to include any pistol that meets its requirements, regardless of whether it has a fixed barrel or not. "Fixed barrel" is not part of the law as a qualifier or disqualifier of any particular nature or status.
I understand that. For example on a 1911, you do not need a threaded barrel to keep the gun together.

My thought is on a gun like the P22, which has a threaded barrel that is needed to secure the barrel in the firearm. Of course an adapter can be used to put a silencer on it, but that is not its intended use.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top