JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got a staccato and it was fine, handguns aren't getting banned........yet
I think you mean not all are ban yet.

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;
(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel; or
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip;

I wonder if that includes fixed barrel pistols that use a barrel nut to keep them together.

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;
(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel; or
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip;

I wonder if that includes fixed barrel pistols that use a barrel nut to keep them together.

(B) A second hand grip;

It would seem to include any pistol that meets its requirements, regardless of whether it has a fixed barrel or not. "Fixed barrel" is not part of the law as a qualifier or disqualifier of any particular nature or status.

(C) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

Since almost all semi auto pistols have the barrel enclosed within the slide, does this section essentially ban almost all semi auto pistols?

This appropriately sums it up!!!

5CDB5944-A820-43BB-9432-046BBDCF7F15.png

It would seem to include any pistol that meets its requirements, regardless of whether it has a fixed barrel or not. "Fixed barrel" is not part of the law as a qualifier or disqualifier of any particular nature or status.
I understand that. For example on a 1911, you do not need a threaded barrel to keep the gun together.

My thought is on a gun like the P22, which has a threaded barrel that is needed to secure the barrel in the firearm. Of course an adapter can be used to put a silencer on it, but that is not its intended use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top