JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Authored by Senator Ed Murray(D) 43rd Legislative District (Seattle U District) and co-sponsored by Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D) 36th Legislative District (Seattle, Ballard)

Bans all semi-automatic pistols and rifles able to accept a detachable magazine AND requires relinquishing said firearms to law enforcement. If you do NOT want to relinquish said "assault weapon" you are legally required to register the weapon and allow the Sheriff to inspect the storage of said weapon (warrentless search) at least once a year.

Oh, and when you die your beneficiaries must either render the weapon inoperable or they must relinquish it.

Bill as introduced to the Senate.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5737.pdf

Authored by Senator Ed Murray(D) 43rd Legislative District (Seattle U District) and co-sponsored by Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D) 36th Legislative District (Seattle, Ballard)

Bans all semi-automatic pistols and rifles able to accept a detachable magazine AND requires relinquishing said firearms to law enforcement. If you do NOT want to relinquish said "assault weapon" you are legally required to register the weapon and allow the Sheriff to inspect the storage of said weapon (warrentless search) at least once a year.

Oh, and when you die your beneficiaries must either render the weapon inoperable or they must relinquish it.

Bill as introduced to the Senate.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5737.pdf

Thank you sir for ruining my great day. When will this BS stop ? I will write and call some more idiots today.

Grumble, grumble.

Ridiculous and clearly unconstitutional specifically based on D.C. vs Heller (2008) and McDonald vs Chicago (2010). I'd say it has a zero percent chance of passing.

What pathetic excuses for public servants. This is how they represent their constituent's? Let's burn up the people's time and money on this?

I say we need a new ballot initiative. The Idiots in Office Initiative would require the author and sponsors of any bill proposed in the legislature, that is deemed clearly unconstitutional, to pay the State's costs associated with reviewing and dismissing their useless legislation.

This would quickly drain their reelection campaign funds and rapidly correct the true problem in Olympia.

This is precisely why we can't budge an inch on ANY legislation they introduce if they made to get hb1588 passed requiring universal background checks then the flood gates well really open and we will see bill after bill because they think that they have some momentum. This bill is such a crock

What pathetic excuses for public servants. This is how they represent their constituent's? Let's burn up the people's time and money on this?

I say we need a new ballot initiative. The Idiots in Office Initiative would require the author and sponsors of any bill proposed in the legislature, that is deemed clearly unconstitutional, to pay the State's costs associated with reviewing and dismissing their useless legislation.

This would quickly drain their reelection campaign funds and rapidly correct the true problem in Olympia.

Why not add immediate removal from office, they must pay the cost of a replacement election, and they are not permitted to run for any elected position for 7 years. A second offense costs them citizenship and they get dropped in North Korea.

Unsurprising considering the source of the bill.

This is the usual suspects from the usual locations proposing the same lame-brained ideas that haven't got a chance in Hell of ever getting to committee, much less ever seeing the light of day on the floor.

There are a couple of congressmen, one from IL, one from NYC (McCarthy) that propose similar retarded legislation every single session. This stuff is going nowhere. Even on the west side, we have an astonishingly high number of gun owners in this state. People I know who are definitely on the "FUDD" side, have been going crazy buying up ARs lately. The Dems are over-reaching madly on this issue and it's going to bite them in the butt in a big way in 2014.

Unsurprising considering the source of the bill.

This is the usual suspects from the usual locations proposing the same lame-brained ideas that haven't got a chance in Hell of ever getting to committee, much less ever seeing the light of day on the floor.

There are a couple of congressmen, one from IL, one from NYC (McCarthy) that propose similar retarded legislation every single session. This stuff is going nowhere. Even on the west side, we have an astonishingly high number of gun owners in this state. People I know who are definitely on the "FUDD" side, have been going crazy buying up ARs lately. The Dems are over-reaching madly on this issue and it's going to bite them in the butt in a big way in 2014.

Mr Bill

I hope you are correct on all points. Im still calling and mailing these idiots every time something like this pops up. Soon it's going to turn into a full time job.

Hey guys,

New to the forum world and actually paying attention to politics. I read this bill and had to take a walk to cool off. I'm not here to debate the likelihood of this making it to the floor for a vote. What I am wondering is does this forum have a mechanism to email everyone in Washington with instructions of how to properly contact our reps? It may reach more people than some just stumbling on it in this thread.

Just got done talking to one of my electeds and want to pass along and emphasize to not use form letters. Use genuine heart felt letters from yourself. These people wade through so much crap everyday I assume they just round file ones they have seen a hundred times before.

Humbly submitted

Jman1469

On the flip side have you read hb1371? Pretty sure it's not going anywhere but puts perspective on the nonsense that goes on in the Capitol. Sure 1371 would be great but they sure do waste a lot of resources on stuff that's going nowhere.

I have lived in the U-district for 15 years, so I am used to almost nothing going my way politically. Murray probably pumped this sh*t out so he could have some lefty cred in the Seattle mayors race. The scope of these bills is treason. I am getting tired of the 2A assaults, the media over exposing every gun incident. More people die from falling every year.

Anytime Kline weighs in on guns, it's worth a letter at a minimum. Few are as righteous, yet so diluted. Murray makes decisions with her heart, in the face of logic or statistics. They're both dangerous.

Martini - more people die every year due to erotic asphyxiation than from what the elect call "assault weapons". That's right - people choking themselves to death while abusing-the-wicked-stick estimated at 500-1000, but that figure is likely low as most families don't report it in shame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top