JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having a very difficult time treating these elected officials with any respect when I write to them, is it only me that feels this way?

No, not only you but every person that did not vote for them. They all have their own agenda & once elected they hit the ground running in that direction.
I have NO RESPECT for ANY of them, I don't care what side of the fence they stand on!!!
Go ahead & flame on but you have to stop & think really hard to trust them, admit it...

Several members have posted comments on how the legislation is never going to pass. This complacent attitude is what defeats us before the war ever started. 'It failed before and it will fail again, so why should I do anything about it?' Well, there are others reading your posts and reaffirming their complacency. It's like a cancer which spreads affecting others.

I say, if you thought about writing; do it. It takes very little effort and helps in the fight.

This needs to be repeated. Well put.

Mr Bill

I hope you are correct on all points. Im still calling and mailing these idiots every time something like this pops up. Soon it's going to turn into a full time job.

Calling and writing people like the clowns that sponsored this bill, is like lobbying Diane Feinstein or Chuck Schumer to support gun rights. It's a complete waste of time. They are not persuadable. They are immune to all facts and logic on this issue.

We have an exceptionally high number of Democrats from the west side however, with A, B and C ratings from GOA and NRA. THESE are the people you should contact. They are either on our side or are at least open to reason.

I mean, feel free to waste your breath trying to convince people like WA State Sen. Kline to vote against gun control, but it's truly wasted effort.

The really outrageous bills are from people in 100% "safe" districts as far as guns go. You have absolutely ZERO leverage with them.

I regularly write an entire laundry list of politicians. I don't just write in response to one bill unless I think there is some chance of it actually having a shot at getting out of committee and onto the floor.

I have, on several occasions, posted the names and addresses of people on key committees here, on both the state and federal level. Write these people. Write the people who are rated "C" by the NRA because they may be open to persuasion. If you AREN'T personally known to your State Legislator, you need to become so. They are pretty easy to reach. They will often take the time to meet with you.

But this whole issue is going to depend on people from the WEST SIDE getting active and vocal. for an ostensibly quite "liberal" state, WA is very gun friendly and has been so for a very long time. There is a state-wide gun culture here. But us folks on the east side have limited ability other than campaign donations. we ALREADY vote in pro-gun legislators and senators by an overwhelming majority.

A legislator from Seattle doesn't give a tinker's damn how I vote. He doesn't care if all my friends and family hate him, because it doesn't MATTER. He cares how the voters in HIS district feel.

We have an ever-growing number of "liberal" pro-gun people in this country, especially among women, the most important demographic for Democrats nationwide. Get your lady friends and co-workers from the west side to start writing letters. Especially any Democrats.

I'm all for vigilance. Unfounded panic and urinating in the wind is what I don't subscribe to.

I'm not complacent at all. I showed up for our recent record rally packing evil black rifles.. as an activist for decades I simply tell you nothing is going to pass this session. Thankfully we have a part time legislature, and you better work to see it stays that way!

Just because it isn't going to pass is no excuse to just sit there.. work for the WA State Firearms Freedom Act, go on the offensive!

<broken link removed>

I have been blasting the NRA for its paranoia in the gun-control debate. But Palmer is right — you can’t fully blame them, when cops going door-to-door shows up in legislation.

I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on.

“I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

That lawmakers sponsor bills they haven’t read is common. Still, it’s disappointing on one of this political magnitude. Not counting a long table, it’s only an eight-page bill.

The prime sponsor, Sen. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, also condemned the search provision in his own bill, after I asked him about it. He said Palmer is right that it’s probably unconstitutional.

“I have to admit that shouldn’t be in there,” Murray said.

He said he came to realize that an assault-weapons ban has little chance of passing this year anyway. So he put in this bill more as “a general statement, as a guiding light of where we need to go.” Without sweating all the details.

Later, a Senate Democratic spokesman blamed unnamed staff and said a new bill will be introduced.

Hand caught in the cookie jar or clear evidence of ineptitude? (or both?)

WTF is up with politicians not reading bills especially when they sponsor them. Hope they don't actually put out another bill to ban AR's and realize their mistake and just quit... but I doubt that will happen

WTF is up with politicians not reading bills especially when they sponsor them. Hope they don't actually put out another bill to ban AR's and realize their mistake and just quit... but I doubt that will happen

Kable, you may have cracked a code. "We have to pass it in order to read it." &#8212; Nancy Pelosi

Washington AWB language changed, but too late to avoid exposure

Removal of a single sentence in Senate Bill 5737 &#8212; Washington's proposed assault weapons ban (AWB) &#8212; only after Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat made a stink about it does not erase the anti-civil rights intent of the legislation or its authors.

<broken link removed>

Kable, you may have cracked a code. "We have to pass it in order to read it." &#8212; Nancy Pelosi

Washington AWB language changed, but too late to avoid exposure

Removal of a single sentence in Senate Bill 5737 &#8212; Washington's proposed assault weapons ban (AWB) &#8212; only after Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat made a stink about it does not erase the anti-civil rights intent of the legislation or its authors.

<broken link removed>

Yeah I remember the Obama care garbage that was 2,000 pages and they had less than 24 hours to read it uhg... yeah thanks for the heads up that the bill is not dead yet I'm spreading the word to keep fighting it

If you read the Bill carefully you will see that it can be interpreted to define 90% of existing firearms as Assault Weapons allowing Crypto-Commies to confiscate said firearms and jail the owner in a reversal of Constitutional Law. By the time the case works through the courts the firearms will have been destroyed as well as the owners bank account!
That is the Purpose behind this Bill!

If you think you can take them. Good luck People will die and the jails will be so full that will have no room for real Bad guys. And if everyone is in jail who will they Tax?
If you read the Bill carefully you will see that it can be interpreted to define 90% of existing firearms as Assault Weapons allowing Crypto-Commies to confiscate said firearms and jail the owner in a reversal of Constitutional Law. By the time the case works through the courts the firearms will have been destroyed as well as the owners bank account!
That is the Purpose behind this Bill!

Is there a list somewhere (NRA perhaps) of Consitution-friendly attorneys in our state? I'm honestly not sure why we don't pile in to file suit now. Even if it doesn't pass, there has to be accountability.

Calling and writing people like the clowns that sponsored this bill, is like lobbying Diane Feinstein or Chuck Schumer to support gun rights. It's a complete waste of time. They are not persuadable. They are immune to all facts and logic on this issue.

I don't write these folks because I believe I can change the gun grabbing ideology. One only has to look as far as the City Council meeting in Oak Harbor WA to see the kind of folks we are dealing with. Logic and facts as Larry Pratt said, just " bounces of their heads ".

I write because we are fighting a war.

Lets say you are a WA state representative sponsoring a bill. People phone in and express their support or they oppose the bill. You mark on a little spreadsheet what calls are in support vs what calls oppose the bill. Lets say you get 500 in support, and 10,000 that oppose. Is this going to give you pause ? What if you get 75 that support and 20,000 that oppose ?

One only has to look as far as WA HB1012. Mrs Appleton brought this bill back to life. I wont go into details but lets just say she thinks we should have a duty to retreat during the resistance of a violent felony. ( a different bill now has been assigned this number )

Mrs Appleton withdrew the bill due to what she perceived as threats... Know I never threatened her and doubt any other activists did but she lost the will to fight in the face of opposition.

Score 1 for us.

I don't want to change ideology of these folks and believe outside getting them to the range and exposing them to guns, its impossible anyway. I'm fighting a war, I intend to win it.

BTW

My two local reps are pretty boring to contact. They say things like I agree, I will not infringe on your rights... :s0155:

I just wrote Murray, Kohl-Welles & Kline and told them I thought they should remove themselves from office.

I had sent a letter to all three earlier this week; in light of the Seattle Times article I forwarded it with an update to Kline and Murray, including the Seattle Times link as well as cc'ed the article's author to keep it visible.

Here's most of what I sent this morning:

Senators Kline and Murray,

The publicly released update as to your recognition to the significant flaws in SB 5737 - while proper - highlights the concerns raised in my previous mail, albeit for different reasons. I refer to the following Seattle Times article here.

Senator Kline - as a civil-rights-minded attorney, how you could assign your name to a bill without "properly vetting it" (read: reading it) is astonishing. In my professional life I read everything I put my name to; when I make significant oversights that could adversely impact my staff or other parts of the organization that reflects directly on me. That is my reputation, and it falls on me to make things right if I betray trust.

Senator Murray - that you acknowledge that police visits "might be unconstitutional" is quite frankly horrifying. In your role not only are you expected to understand the Constitution, but are expected to have your legislation and directives work to respect and support the Constitution. You have egregiously done neither in this case.

Pushing forward with 5737 even with the one edit would show a disregard for propriety and a commitment to personal agenda. It's that push forward that has exposed you to the perception that you disrespect the Consitution and the People's Bill of Rights. At the very least a review of your proposals against McDonald v. Chicago, D.C. v. Heller, and U.S. v. Miller will be in order, and accountability for willfull attempt at violation of citizen rights will be expected.

How many of you guys voted for this? Yep it's all democrat and if you voted democrat you voted away your rights. People just didn't pay attention to obama when he said guns are a state issue and gun control would come about state by state. Guess you guys are near the first of the line.

I don't write these folks because I believe I can change the gun grabbing ideology. One only has to look as far as the City Council meeting in Oak Harbor WA to see the kind of folks we are dealing with. Logic and facts as Larry Pratt said, just " bounces of their heads ".

I write because we are fighting a war.

Lets say you are a WA state representative sponsoring a bill. People phone in and express their support or they oppose the bill. You mark on a little spreadsheet what calls are in support vs what calls oppose the bill. Lets say you get 500 in support, and 10,000 that oppose. Is this going to give you pause ? What if you get 75 that support and 20,000 that oppose ?

One only has to look as far as WA HB1012. Mrs Appleton brought this bill back to life. I wont go into details but lets just say she thinks we should have a duty to retreat during the resistance of a violent felony. ( a different bill now has been assigned this number )

Mrs Appleton withdrew the bill due to what she perceived as threats... Know I never threatened her and doubt any other activists did but she lost the will to fight in the face of opposition.

Score 1 for us.

I don't want to change ideology of these folks and believe outside getting them to the range and exposing them to guns, its impossible anyway. I'm fighting a war, I intend to win it.

BTW

My two local reps are pretty boring to contact. They say things like I agree, I will not infringe on your rights... :s0155:

THIS!!! Representative Kagi is one of My reps and she has sponsored anti gun legislation but I still write her everyday. Write Kline and Murray and let them know they need to pull this bill.

I just wrote Murray, Kohl-Welles & Kline and told them I thought they should remove themselves from office.

How about a law suite to charge them with treason and subversion. How about we go on the offensive and take the legal fight to them and don't stop until
these type of people don't try this type of legislation again.

How about a series of law suits criminal and civil against these Reps charging them with subversion and treason. And we keep at it until they don't ever mention these type of
anti constitutional laws anymore. Time to go on the offensive with law suits.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top