JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah, probably too divisive a topic. How about them Mariners?

In all seriousness, hoping companies will start designing WA-compliant guns & accessories to retrofit otherwise "banned" guns for the folks who were unable to buy the good stuff before this passed. Those just turning of age, and those moving into the state are hosed otherwise. Sure, compliant guns suck compared to un-neutered guns, but I'd much rather see guns of any kind in more people's hands than to write off an entire population of potential gun owners.

Downside, of course, is cost of development. Many polymer components are injection molded, and molds are expensive to manufacture. I'm doing some research on part manufacturing now for my own reasons, and having the production molds built for a part I want to manufacture will be 4x the cost of the entire design and prototyping process. That's a lot of cash for any company to throw down on a market of 1 state, and of course there's the possibility the AWB will be found unconstitutional anyway, which would effectively limit sales of "compliant" products.

So, I'm betting we will see a window of ~1-2 years with nothing new (or very little) being introduced (both guns and accessories) while manufacturers wait and see what direction the legal wind is blowing. If the law sticks, we will probably see a handful of manufacturers step up to fill the gap, most likely locals who want something other than lever and pump guns to shoot.
For a number of traditional stocked rifles, a CNC modified or 3D printed handguard would require no tooling costs.

There seem to always be some who can't wait to bend the knee and be compliant with new laws.

I'd suggest if you're interested in compliance, perhaps you could be the one who brings the parts to fruition. You never, know, you could become an accidental capitalist and make a few bucks.

I will not be changing anything.
I have a bunch of banned stuff, so I'm not in the market for anything. But it is interesting how different companies have created products to deal with bans.

Shameful! :rolleyes:

There seem to always be some who can't wait to bend the knee and be compliant with new laws.

I'd suggest if you're interested in compliance, perhaps you could be the one who brings the parts to fruition. You never, know, you could become an accidental capitalist and make a few bucks.

I will not be changing anything.
There will always be some who will ignore the laws. That is certainly their choice. As adults we all get to make choices. We also get to live with the pain we cause if we get in a bind. Many love those bumper sticker talking points about how they will have to shoot them to take their xyz. That is not going to happen in my lifetime. They will pass bans if we allow them. Many will keep banned stuff and no one is coming to their door to get it. Those with the banned items can stare at them all day, no one will care. They will not be able to take them to a range, or hunt, or use them for protection but they can fondle them in the privacy of their home all they want. There is a TON of non papered NFA stuff floating around. Those who keep it may go their entire life and never get "caught". I kind of like to have fun with my stuff so I will stick with what is allowed. I will also keep trying to get more people to fight at the ballot box to keep what we have. This is a too each their own kind of thing.

There will always be some who will ignore the laws. That is certainly their choice. As adults we all get to make choices. We also get to live with the pain we cause if we get in a bind. Many love those bumper sticker talking points about how they will have to shoot them to take their xyz. That is not going to happen in my lifetime. They will pass bans if we allow them. Many will keep banned stuff and no one is coming to their door to get it. Those with the banned items can stare at them all day, no one will care. They will not be able to take them to a range, or hunt, or use them for protection but they can fondle them in the privacy of their home all they want. There is a TON of non papered NFA stuff floating around. Those who keep it may go their entire life and never get "caught". I kind of like to have fun with my stuff so I will stick with what is allowed. I will also keep trying to get more people to fight at the ballot box to keep what we have. This is a too each their own kind of thing.
Huh? All the banned stuff is legal if you already owned it when the ban started.

Huh? All the banned stuff is legal if you already owned it when the ban started.
So far but you chose to ignore most of what I said as normal. Right now as soon as king jay signs this looks like we can keep what we have. Take it out of state and bring it back its now no go. Build new, no go. Go out of state and buy, no go. Now lots of people will do this anyway and may get away with it. This law will do nothing for crime which is the entire point. When this law does nothing the law makers will come back for another, and another, and another. As I said a lot of people make banned stuff now and always have. Can't take it out to use but they can sit at home and fondle it. Only fools think the law makers are done here.

So far but you chose to ignore most of what I said as normal. Right now as soon as king jay signs this looks like we can keep what we have. Take it out of state and bring it back its now no go. Build new, no go. Go out of state and buy, no go. Now lots of people will do this anyway and may get away with it. This law will do nothing for crime which is the entire point. When this law does nothing the law makers will come back for another, and another, and another. As I said a lot of people make banned stuff now and always have. Can't take it out to use but they can sit at home and fondle it. Only fools think the law makers are done here.
You seem to have a lot of opinions about stuff you are totally uninformed about.

What's shameful?
Have to "guess" it was humor. Companies will of course try to make what people want to pay for as more bans come down. Problem was when it was nation wide it was easy for them them make stuff that would fly. When it starts to get to each state coming up with some different "thing" its going to get to where we who live in some states will just be SOL. There has to be a LOT of customers to make it worth ramping up to produce something. If this new crap in WA means even the stuff they were making for the PRK is a no go here its really going to limit the market. That will limit what anyone can do and still make a buck sadly for us. Then we just have to hope the courts eventually toss it and or more people get active and boot some law makers. Either way takes a good while
:(

I imagine an M1A, Garand type action hybrid with 10rd internal magazine with stripper clip loading feature. Using AR style piston system with AR style (AK pic rail mount type) butt stock and hand guards.

The Mini-30, Mini-14, M1A should be easy platforms to make 1240 compliant. Just need a fixed internal magazine. Heck, could probably just tig weld a 10 round mag into an M1A and rebadge it an M1W and you'd be good.

The Garand is already 1240 compliant and can easily be modified to 308.

Last Edited:
I imagine an M1A, Garand type action hybrid with 10rd internal magazine with stripper clip loading feature. Using AR style piston system with AR style (AK pic rail mount type) butt stock and hand guards.

The Mini-30, Mini-14, M1A should be easy platforms to make 1240 compliant. Just need a fixed internal magazine. Heck, could probably just tig weld a 10 round mag into an M1A and rebadge it an M1W and you'd be good.

The Garand is already 1240 compliant and can easily be modified to 308.
Why the fixed magazine? This isn't CA.

1681881024302.png

You can run but you can't hide. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads