JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope...I do not mean that at all.

Violence is violence...it hasn't changed.

What I was getting at in my post was...

At one time you could own the actual rifle that was currently issued to our military..
And folks didn't go around murdering others with it.

Please note that I am not saying that crime did not happen or that certain firearms were never used in the committing of crimes.

I am saying that people at one time could own the actual , current issued military rifle ...and a rise in crime with it , was not seen.
So my question is , what was different then than now...?
However that is a question , as I noted in my other post as a bit beyond the scope of your OP.....
Andy
Andy he knows full well what you meant. He is just trying to get a rise out of someone. People who support this stuff know full well they are making stuff up. That is why when you give them facts they start throwing out Red Herrings. Desperately trying to make excuses for the law makers who keep passing more laws and encouraging more criminal behavior. This way they can pass more laws to fix the mess they made. :s0092:

Mass murders were happening in the US huh? I must have missed that. Damn fake news that hid it from me.
When I was in high school it was common for those of us with access to a car to also have a gun at school. New toy to show off, going hunting or shooting after school and such. For some amazing reason there were no mass murders going on. Or fake news was hiding them. Also amazing no one who had a gun at school shot anyone. I guess that must have been that fake news hiding that too. They were happening and they hid it from us right?
1921 Tulsa Race Massacre would be an example.

I believe that the next step in the Marxist playbook is to ban firearms based on muzzle energy. This has been shown recently in other formerly free nations which have swung to the extreme left. The Democrats will use catch phrases such as "Nobody needs a sniper rifle" or " It has enough power to decapitate TEN people with one bullet", and their base will lap it up like sheep. My guess is that the ban will include all magnum and larger actions, and possibly a number of long actions, no matter the action or feed type. If you ever wanted to own one of these rifle, you might want to consider that possibility and act accordingly within the next year or so.

So my question is , what was different then than now...?
However that is a question , as I noted in my other post as a bit beyond the scope of your OP.....
Well, everyone including you have ignored the OP in favor of a political discussion, so there we are.

What is different now? That people use military rifles often to kill larger groups of people than seemingly any individual did decades ago. And the military weapons got more useful for that role.

I think that's pretty much an established fact. The opinion is whether the behavior of bad people in 1910 with bolt action rifles has anything to do with the behavior of bad people in 2023 with semiauto carbines. And whether that behavior can be moderated via weapon access. But the comparison between the two is weak, at best. Especially when you consider that the US now uses carbine sized M16s for the role that a water cooled Browning .30 machinegun was used for when those bolt action rifles were mailed to your home.

Andy he knows full well what you meant. He is just trying to get a rise out of someone. People who support this stuff know full well they are making stuff up. That is why when you give them facts they start throwing out Red Herrings. Desperately trying to make excuses for the law makers who keep passing more laws and encouraging more criminal behavior. This way they can pass more laws to fix the mess they made. :s0092:
Speak for yourself. I'm a gun owner and this is a thread about guns, because I like them and find them interesting. Go find somewhere else to find people to denounce like a Maoist.

Well, everyone including you have ignored the OP in favor of a political discussion, so there we are.

What is different now? That people use military rifles often to kill larger groups of people than seemingly any individual did decades ago. And the military weapons got more useful for that role.

I think that's pretty much an established fact. The opinion is whether the behavior of bad people in 1910 with bolt action rifles has anything to do with the behavior of bad people in 2023 with semiauto carbines. And whether that behavior can be moderated via weapon access. But the comparison between the two is weak, at best. Especially when you consider that the US now uses carbine sized M16s for the role that a water cooled Browning .30 machinegun was used for when those bolt action rifles were mailed to your home.
Not true....for your first sentence , since both posts of mine which you quoted , I specifically stated that is was beyond the scope of the OP.

As for the rest of your post...
I disagree.....Dead is dead...whether that person was killed with a flintlock , a 1903 Springfield or a M4 Carbine.

And....
I will ignore any further comments from you regarding this topic....
You and I will never agree and any so-called conversation would be like a broken pencil....pointless.
Andy

patience-jug-water-drop-patience-buddha-demotivational-poster-1289069471.jpg

One of the posters in @Andy54Hawken classroom.

The fact is as soon as it gets inked, people will find ways to get around the law. Aftermarket accessories will play a key part of that. I'm sure we will see WA compliant guns being offered for sale, it's just a matter of time.

Not true....for your first sentence , since both posts of mine which you quoted , I specifically stated that is was beyond the scope of the OP.

As for the rest of your post...
I disagree.....Dead is dead...whether that person was killed with a flintlock , a 1903 Springfield or a M4 Carbine.

And....
I will ignore any further comments from you regarding this topic....
You and I will never agree and any so-called conversation would be like a broken pencil....pointless.
Andy
Why do you come in to an equipment thread I start, immediately turn it political, then act put out when I engage you in my thread about stuff you brought up?

I guess you got a lot of likes out of going off topic and then complaining about it.

The fact is as soon as it gets inked, people will find ways to get around the law. Aftermarket accessories will play a key part of that. I'm sure we will see WA compliant guns being offered for sale, it's just a matter of time.
Hey, we could have a thread about that.

Hey, we could have a thread about that.
Nah, probably too divisive a topic. How about them Mariners?

In all seriousness, hoping companies will start designing WA-compliant guns & accessories to retrofit otherwise "banned" guns for the folks who were unable to buy the good stuff before this passed. Those just turning of age, and those moving into the state are hosed otherwise. Sure, compliant guns suck compared to un-neutered guns, but I'd much rather see guns of any kind in more people's hands than to write off an entire population of potential gun owners.

Downside, of course, is cost of development. Many polymer components are injection molded, and molds are expensive to manufacture. I'm doing some research on part manufacturing now for my own reasons, and having the production molds built for a part I want to manufacture will be 4x the cost of the entire design and prototyping process. That's a lot of cash for any company to throw down on a market of 1 state, and of course there's the possibility the AWB will be found unconstitutional anyway, which would effectively limit sales of "compliant" products.

So, I'm betting we will see a window of ~1-2 years with nothing new (or very little) being introduced (both guns and accessories) while manufacturers wait and see what direction the legal wind is blowing. If the law sticks, we will probably see a handful of manufacturers step up to fill the gap, most likely locals who want something other than lever and pump guns to shoot.

So, I'm betting we will see a window of ~1-2 years with nothing new (or very little) being introduced (both guns and accessories) while manufacturers wait and see what direction the legal wind is blowing. If the law sticks, we will probably see a handful of manufacturers step up to fill the gap, most likely locals who want something other than lever and pump guns to shoot.
Have not yet paid a lot of attention to the details while waiting for this to get to the kings desk. Are the guns they make to keep CA happy going to fly here?

"Now that the ban is on, what's a good post-ban choice?"

Well... if history is any indication, a fight is brewing.

View attachment 1407312

View attachment 1407313
Sadly the great hoax showed us just how few will fight anything. If we keep voting this way they will get around to the point where they tell those with the "wrong guns" to turn them in. Following the same way as the great hoax most will grumble and just turn them in with no fight. People are just too comfortable. If they won't bother to vote they sure as hell will not fight. :(

There seem to always be some who can't wait to bend the knee and be compliant with new laws.

I'd suggest if you're interested in compliance, perhaps you could be the one who brings the parts to fruition. You never, know, you could become an accidental capitalist and make a few bucks.

I will not be changing anything.

Have not yet paid a lot of attention to the details while waiting for this to get to the kings desk. Are the guns they make to keep CA happy going to fly here?
Nope. No "fins" on pistol grips are allowed. So, we would be looking at a lot of new design and development required. To get around the stock issue we'd probably have to have guns similar to the RDB Survival rifle, where the pistol grip and stock are merged.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/kel...semi-automatic-ar-15-rifle-green-rdbsgrn.html

Nope. No "fins" on pistol grips are allowed. So, we would be looking at a lot of new design and development required. To get around the stock issue we'd probably have to have guns similar to the RDB Survival rifle, where the pistol grip and stock are merged.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/kel...semi-automatic-ar-15-rifle-green-rdbsgrn.html
Bummer. In that case I would expect it to just not happen. For someone to start manufacturing for just one state? I doubt there would be enough sales to make it worth it. They have to have a large market to make it worth the cost of the set up and I doubt this one state would buy enough to do that. So looks like until the law is beat back those without will just have to use something else until then. :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top