JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How are you prioritizing mag purchases?

• Prioritizing mags for the guns I already own

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Prioritizing mags for the guns I don't own yet but will be buying later

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Prioritizing least common/hard to find mags first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buying everything at once and going into massive credit card debt

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Not applicable- I've got what I need already

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Uhhhh... what ban?

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Not in Washington, though if I were, I would be buying mags for what I already own as if I were to buy mags for everything I think I MIGHT want in the future I'd have to take out a second mortgage. I would also be buying the most useful capacity, not necessarily the highest, an example of which would be 17 round 9mm Glock mags instead of 15 because I can use them in my 34/17/19 etc but I wouldn't worry about the 33s because they were silly before the ban

I'm not a Washington resident, but the upcoming ban inspired me to buy a bunch of mags to get ahead of what may be coming in Oregon.
May? "MAY"????? I appreciate your willingness to believe it's not already a done deal down the line. It will happen here, though it could be in the 2030s

I've been mostly loading up on mags for guns that are my SHTF weapons. Then a little bit for everything else. Still cannot believe it passed, but I am also not suprised.

Thank you Washington, I feel so much safer! We don't need these scary right-wing sized 30+ round mags!

I've been mostly loading up on mags for guns that are my SHTF weapons. Then a little bit for everything else. Still cannot believe it passed, but I am also not suprised.

Thank you Washington, I feel so much safer! We don't need these scary right-wing sized 30+ round mags!
LOL
This state will be awash in dreaded hicap magazines long before July 1st.

Not in Washington, though if I were, I would be buying mags for what I already own as if I were to buy mags for everything I think I MIGHT want in the future I'd have to take out a second mortgage. I would also be buying the most useful capacity, not necessarily the highest, an example of which would be 17 round 9mm Glock mags instead of 15 because I can use them in my 34/17/19 etc but I wouldn't worry about the 33s because they were silly before the ban
Blasphemy. A 33-round happy stick is the foundation of every glock magazine based PCC.

Since this is not the first time for me with this and I am getting old :D
I have what I need for life. I almost ordered some mags for the new HP they started making since I really had intended to get one when the pipe line filled. Finally just did not bother. If we do later move to a free state again I will buy one then I guess.

I am almost jaded enough to wonder if Magpul sponsored the bill. Almost. I am kidding of course, but GD, these guys are making out like bandits. Shout out to Aero Precision. (No afilliate).

Purchased three guns last month, because I wanted them and buying while they still come with "mass shooting" hardware.

40 cal 4 mags total
backup hellcat comes with two 15's already have 8 or so
beretta .22 cal 15 round m9, comes with only one mag so ordered three more before BCG cleared.
probably order some bx25's

Looks to me like Sportsman's is already getting out of the hi-cap firearms business, stock seems slim already.

The ban does not affect most of the firearms I own.
So I am set.

With that said.....
I think that the ban is just like a broken pencil .....Pointless.
I wrote my so-called representatives and urged them not to vote for this...and talked to others about the uselessness of this ban...
Yet here we are.

This ban does nothing other than to make more criminals , from folks* who continue to buy certain magazines.
It will do nothing to stop or prevent crime or keep us safe.
Andy
* Generally speaking....these same folks ain't the ones causing any problems.

I'm not a Washington resident, but the upcoming ban inspired me to buy a bunch of mags to get ahead of what may be coming in Oregon.
This, kinda-sorta. We already have enough magazines, but I did go ahead and ordered some more KCI 15 and 30 round M1/2 magazines, just because. (And they run like a top, so not a bad thing.)

Since the law passed, I have purchased...
12-round MDT AICS type magazines
PMAGs from Aero Precision since they had such a good deal running for WA residents
Sig P226 20s

I don't intend to buy any more. But it seems likely I will.

When I started stockpiling, I went for a number that would satisfy both my needs for life, and my kids.
Agreed. I Changed gears from, "I have X number of mags for X type and caliber" for personal use in a particular session... to... "I need X number of mags PER each specific firearm". Realizing that they will eventually be passed along as "singles" to the various children or grandchldren.

Example: 20 AR mags is just fine for me to go out and do a shooting session, and maybe shooting multiple AR's, but my children or grandchildren inheriting one of grandpap's old rifles with only 2 mags per rifle just wasn't going to cut it. :D

I won't foul up the OP's poll for WA residents, but would vote, "Prioritizing mags for the guns I already own". And like others said, I believe it's only a matter of time before the idiocy filters down into OR. WA's ban was a fresh wake up call and I'm buying NOW.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top