JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How are you prioritizing mag purchases?

• Prioritizing mags for the guns I already own

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Prioritizing mags for the guns I don't own yet but will be buying later

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Prioritizing least common/hard to find mags first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buying everything at once and going into massive credit card debt

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Not applicable- I've got what I need already

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Uhhhh... what ban?

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Agreed. I Changed gears from, "I have X number of mags for X type and caliber" for personal use in a particular session... to... "I need X number of mags PER each specific firearm". Realizing that they will eventually be passed along as "singles" to the various children or grandchldren.

Example: 20 AR mags is just fine for me to go out and do a shooting session, and maybe shooting multiple AR's, but my children or grandchildren inheriting one of grandpap's old rifles with only 2 mags per rifle just wasn't going to cut it. :D
I'm sitting at 60x AR mags, and over 20x for each pistol.

The ban does not affect most of the firearms I own.
So I am set.

With that said.....
I think that the ban is just like a broken pencil .....Pointless.
I wrote my so-called representatives and urged them not to vote for this...and talked to others about the uselessness of this ban...
Yet here we are.

This ban does nothing other than to make more criminals , from folks* who continue to buy certain magazines.
It will do nothing to stop or prevent crime or keep us safe.
Andy
* Generally speaking....these same folks ain't the ones causing any problems.

IMG_2989.PNG

So you're "almost" done buying.... is what you're saying. 🤣
You know, it's funny, I was pulling out my Wilson Combat 6.8spc and started taking pictures of it, my wife says, "hey, you're not selling that right now with the way the world is right now, are you?"

I told her I'd replace it with something else, so she's good :s0115:

Ok so can you still carry your high cap mags you already have. Or is it you can only carry 10rd mags. I'm not from Washington but can carry in both Oregon and Washington.

It bans the importation, manufacture, sale, or distribution of them.

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the ban actually prohibits possession or use of "hi-cap" (defined as over 10 rounds in this case) mags.

Any existing mags owned by Washingtonians are grandfathered in, no restriction on carry or usage... yet. My guess is they'll push a "fix it" bill later (in the next 2-3 years) to eliminate the grandfather clause and go full California.

Any existing mags owned by Washingtonians are grandfathered in, no restriction on carry or usage... yet. My guess is they'll push a "fix it" bill later (in the next 2-3 years) to eliminate the grandfather clause and go full California.
Oregon won't be far behind. I gues my other
Oregon won't be far behind. I guess my next question should've been if you were a Oregon resident license to carry in Washington can you still carry your high cap mags. Or are you relegated to carrying 10 round magazines only.

Oregon won't be far behind. I gues my other

Oregon won't be far behind. I guess my next question should've been if you were a Oregon resident license to carry in Washington can you still carry your high cap mags. Or are you relegated to carrying 10 round magazines only.
There is no current restriction on carry or use of magazines over 10 rounds.

The ban does not affect most of the firearms I own.
So I am set.

With that said.....
I think that the ban is just like a broken pencil .....Pointless.
I wrote my so-called representatives and urged them not to vote for this...and talked to others about the uselessness of this ban...
Yet here we are.

This ban does nothing other than to make more criminals , from folks* who continue to buy certain magazines.
It will do nothing to stop or prevent crime or keep us safe.
Andy
* Generally speaking....these same folks ain't the ones causing any problems.
Hang on there just a moment, this will save lives, they said so right on the TV then everyone cheered and clapped.

The law as it was written and passed by the state legislature was done under the premise that high capacity magazines facilitate mass shootings. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence should recognize that it is simply the liberal left making an incremental gouge in the 2nd Amendment. It will make no difference whatsoever in the hearts and minds of those that want to harm other people. It also should provide absolute proof that liberals are fools.

I'm kinda torn on this. I've been buying and hoarding standard capacity mags since the '94 AWB expired, with some buying surges especially before the 2016 election. After 5078 passed, I first thought, "I'm totally good" but then I realized: I don't currently have a Hi-Power and I've been seeking one of the new SA-35s, so I've ordered some of the MecGar 15-rounders... Yesterday I remembered I need a new CZ-75 Shadow, so, gotta order some mags most riki-tik for one of them too.

Gonna be interesting to see if SCOTUS takes up that California mag-restriction challenge; in the meantime, SAF/GOA need to get busy and hit up the 9th Circuit Court...

I'm kinda torn on this. I've been buying and hoarding standard capacity mags since the '94 AWB expired, with some buying surges especially before the 2016 election. After 5078 passed, I first thought, "I'm totally good" but then I realized: I don't currently have a Hi-Power and I've been seeking one of the new SA-35s, so I've ordered some of the MecGar 15-rounders... Yesterday I remembered I need a new CZ-75 Shadow, so, gotta order some mags most riki-tik for one of them too.

Gonna be interesting to see if SCOTUS takes up that California mag-restriction challenge; in the meantime, SAF/GOA need to get busy and hit up the 9th Circuit Court...
I've been eyeing those SA-35s myself. Look pretty sweet!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top