JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tried search the site but come up with nothing, so here it goes.

Went apply for WA CPL yesterday at downtown Seattle office and did the fingerprint. It suddenly occur to me what they are going to do with the fingerprint info after the background check? Is there a central database they are kept and check against any new inquiry from the LEO ? It would make sense but wasn't stated anywhere so I am confused .

did they do a hard print card or live scan? Either way they cross check with the fed database. I'm pretty sure they create an FBI fingerprint file attached to your info if there wasn't already one. I know when I was running background checks on contractors / new staff for working on prison grounds I never saw a print set come back with no record so they probably start the file with the print(s) taken when you get your drivers license.

I'm pretty sure WA doesn't take prints for your drivers license!

And yes, you can bet any biometrics you give the government end up available to any other government agency.

My understanding is that there is a separate FBI database for background investigations. That way, people with prior security clearances can be accessed rapidly instead of the long search time for those not in the system.

Checked with King Country Sheriff office, yes all fingerprint will be kept on file for future REFERENCE. So once its in the government's hands, they can do what ever they like with it.

Checked with King Country Sheriff office, yes all fingerprint will be kept on file for future REFERENCE. So once its in the government's hands, they can do what ever they like with it.

Thanks for the follow up about this, I guess I always figured that was the case, but it's nice to get an official answer. Like power, once the government gathers data, it doesn't willfully like to give it up.

I would have been shocked to hear anything less than they kept them for reference. I don't like going into any government database, but since I was already finger printed for work, I figured it didn't make a difference anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top