JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so whats the deal with vortex optics? i know they have a stellar warranty and seem to be well made, but why is it the most common scope being sold on here? are people not happy with them or what?

Think of them as an entry level optic you get until you got the scratch for higher end scopes.

That being said, which ones are being sold most? Seems the higher end ones don't get sold as often as their lower end lines do.

I like leupold however you get the same warranty for a lower purchase price on a good optic. No questions asked lifetime replacement. Ten years ago Philippine and Chinese optics were crap and I would not put one on a rifle. In my mind vortex changed that and I have a couple that seem to work well. Leupold for my classic hunting rifles and vortex is a definite contender for everything else.

The Golden Eagle Line is very good. Not an entry level at all. Our lead shooter has his nightforce for sale after getting a Golden Eagle.

The whole line is worth a look. For the money they're hard to beat,

I run Vortex optics on most of my rifles and one pistol as well. I don't consider them "entry level". In fact, I consider them the best for the money and will continue to buy Vortex optics as needed.

I believe it is because there are simply more of them in the active market place. 90% of the glass for 50-70% of the price. Plus tons of the models are in the $150-$450 range which is very affordable for a majority of buyers. Dare I say the "Honda civic" of optics, in that price range.

If they are good enough for Jerry they're good enough for me! D9984AA6-7FF1-4BBA-A424-F0313D56BC40-729-0000011A8F52FD03_tmp.jpg
I have a Spark AR... Love it.

yeah i think they are good optics, just was curious on the quantity for sale. seems to be more likely people upgrading.

yeah i think they are good optics, just was curious on the quantity for sale. seems to be more likely people upgrading.
Ya... I don't think it's that people are unhappy with them. Like said above, there is just more than any other brand out there to be sold. They are especially popular on the very fluid AR market.

I dont think that people are unhappy with them I think that their quality and pricepoint allows people to home in on the right one for them, there are so many options available.

For years I put Leupolds on my favorite rifles. And then one day a year or so ago I went shooting and my buddy had a Vortex on his rifle. He told me what he paid and and about the warranty. Thought I should try one. I bought (I'd have to go look up the model number and I'm lazy) one, a 3X9 40mm, no BDC. Put it on a Ruger American in .308. I like it, all things considered. The only question is, will it stand the test of time.

Vortex has:
-Decent glass
-A variety of reticles
-zero-stops on their Viper PST and Razor optics
-clear, perceivable, detents in their turrets
-a warranty that's pretty comprehensive.... Just like Leupold, Nikon and some others.

What Vortex does better than any other manufacturer is that they will bend over backwards and respond to consumer issues immediately.
They have replaced scopes with loaners scopes while a scope was bring repaired so that an amateur competitor could go to a match.
He dropped his rifle in his garage and damaged a turret.... Completely his fault. Repaired at no cost to him.... And given a loaner, shipped ASAP.
Absolutely the best examples of customer service in an industry that has forgotten what that means.

The Razor AMG and Razor HD Gen II scopes are top tier in every aspect at a very good price - Japanese HD glass, excellent and repeatable turrets, built in Japan. Everything in their entire line is a great value compared to other scopes at the same price point.

I do prefer some of the Primary Arms scopes at the lower end, but I don't think you could go wrong with Vortex.

I've had one of every vortex line except the Razor (Price), and have had good results. By far the diamond back series had been my favorite. Affordable and very very durable. The glass is bright, the adjustments are very positive, good scope for the price point. Beats out nikon or bushnell in the $200 scope class in my opinion. Leopold is my first choice but I have had extremely good luck with Vortex.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews