JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am very sorry to hear all that you have been through. I used to hear stories like that and its why I waited so many years to sign onto the VA MED. I have been treated so well by them, I almost feel guilty for hearing what you have been through. I definitely hope you get better treatment from them in the future.

Clambo, if at first you do not succede, go over their heads. I am speaking, again from personal experiance. Call the Office of Chief of Staff, explain your needs, explain in no uncertain terms, the Mal-practice of Surgeon #1, and the 42 seconds of second opinion.

Then ask this: will I receive help from you, or do I need to write my Congressman, a Complaint, "Denial of Needed Service"!

I have done that, twice, and within the Hour, received Verification that my NEEDS, (not wants) would occur, at Post Haste speeds.

denied Urgent Care, for an open ulcerated, infected wound, I hobbled to the PATIENT ADVOCATE, explained what took place not Twenty Minutes earlier, and that Nurse was removed from staff, I was given an emergency appointment at my local clinic, seen & cared for by Four Nurses, at the Same Time, and ~mothered~ As only a dedicated Nurse can mother!!!!

It can seem difficult at times, but we are Veterans. We Served. We KNOW, how to make things happen... If we remember our Military Time!!!!

My favorite line used ~at~ the VA, is, "what gives, with this lousy phone system. I made a BETTER phone system for my Company in VietNam 40+ years ago, than I use to call for my needs in Roseburg".

They hate that line, because it is One Hundred Percent Accurate, and They Know, I know it!!!!

The Number One Complaint on, of Roseburg VAMC, and related clinics is the Phone System.

Imagine Informing the Chief Economic Officer, that they are faulty in their JOB DUTIES, Because they paid a bill for faulty telephone repair, and They Know it!!!

Ahh, my personal satisfaction of chewing butt on them's that need it!!!

philip

Erudne.... A second voice here: Go FIRST, to your local County's Veteran's Service Officer, OR call your Local DAV, And seek their asistance to sign up for VA care.

When I needed assistance, I recieved an imediate award, for a VA equivlant to SSI.

then, over Five straight years, recieved Five different diagnosises, except the CORRECT ONE.

they knew, the moment they took all the ~Sub~ Diagnosises, and grouped them together, that I would be 100% disability.... It took the (Christian) Love, of my Psychologist, to assist me in my appeal, and taking each sub set diagnosis, and Stating the obvious. PTSD.

It then took 18 Months, for the appeal board to certify me...

long strenuous work. But it is done, and I look back now, and have the ability, to write YOU, say "Do Not Give Up"

If you need more, PM me. It is a promise I made, to those who assisted me (John Sharpe, RIP... you served well, & faithfully) that I would asist those in need.

philip

What if a person is disabled (backn neck and DN deaf (non service connected) 3 yrs Army (1977-1980) and on the wifes ins plan at her work? In the past I had to buy my own HA & other HA related tools (FM system) for $$$$$.

What if a person is disabled (backn neck and DN deaf (non service connected) 3 yrs Army (1977-1980) and on the wifes ins plan at her work? In the past I had to buy my own HA & other HA related tools (FM system) for $$$$$.

Go sign up and see.
They may take your and your wifes income into consideration for elegibility or base benefits on that, but sure wont hurt to try.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I had put this question into the Preparedness and Survival section because of my concerns that being signed up with the VA would allow further government intrusion into my life beyond what already occurs For example, I know of more than one person involved with the VA who had pressure to get rid of his firearms. My take on the above discussion is that just being signed up does not cause problems in this regard. The thread ended up deviating from my own concerns, but I hope that the discussion provided good information for others as well.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I had put this question into the Preparedness and Survival section because of my concerns that being signed up with the VA would allow further government intrusion into my life beyond what already occurs For example, I know of more than one person involved with the VA who had pressure to get rid of his firearms. My take on the above discussion is that just being signed up does not cause problems in this regard. The thread ended up deviating from my own concerns, but I hope that the discussion provided good information for others as well.

No one will intrude into your life unless you open that door.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top