JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hold a WA CPL and am planning a vacation this summer up and down the Oregon coast and planning to stay at many state parks.

What is the law for the non-resident carrying a handgun? Locked up in a trunk is OK (BTW, I will be driving a minivan, so no trunk per se) or it is banned at most state parks, so I should just leave it at home? I tried search in the forum and the Internet, but it wasn't clear.

I hold a WA CPL and am planning a vacation this summer up and down the Oregon coast and planning to stay at many state parks.

What is the law for the non-resident carrying a handgun? Locked up in a trunk is OK (BTW, I will be driving a minivan, so no trunk per se) or it is banned at most state parks, so I should just leave it at home? I tried search in the forum and the Internet, but it wasn't clear.

Best bet is to get your OR Concealed Carry License through Sheriff Palmer from Grant County.

Otherwise, you will need to unload the gun and lock it in an area seperate out of reach of the driver and seperate from the ammo in order to be legal in OR and then, what's the point??

I have both permits and I vacation in Bend a lot in the summer and I wouldn't go without a gun. Even to the beach. I've read about to many people getting murdered for robbery or drugs along the Oreogn coast. Well...Everywhere really.

I wouldn't go without a gun.
I would try to get your OR permit asap. Might take a couple months though. But I would still bring one. And a knife. And some pepper spray. And a large stick.
But I'm not paranoid or anything.

Best bet is to get your OR Concealed Carry License through Sheriff Palmer from Grant County.

Otherwise, you will need to unload the gun and lock it in an area seperate out of reach of the driver and seperate from the ammo in order to be legal in OR and then, what's the point??

Not true my friend. While Oregon may be unfriendly to other states by not honoring their CHLs we do allow anyone to OC. There are of course limitations in certain cities but parks are good to go.

<broken link removed>

Re: lots of people murdered??, I have read a few over the years but figure how many thousands vacation on the Oregon coast compared to murders? .001% maybe?, We vacation in Bend area 3-5 times a year and I always have a loaded .357 on me or really close by and a .45 in my motorhome for protection, an ounce of protection is worth a ton of security for myself and family.

"Might take a couple months though.."

After I took the class, I submitted my application (have to make an appointment) and it was in the mail in 3 weeks!

Very good service. In Multnomah county to boot!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top