JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope

Can't walk half a mile much less run.

Put of breath in a few minutes of hard work.

High blood pressure.

Bad back

Losing vision in left eye

Migraines

Flabby and a little overweight

Just my age alone would disqualify me

Interesting first post question and thank you. Yep ... I also am an Old Coot. Could I pass the test? NO. Not right now. BUT ... it would make for an interesting life progress and improvement goal. An old man fit enough to pass the military entrance physical fitness tests.

Or ... how about the officers promotion physical fitness test? Much harder? Only the very best get promoted and this includes a superior physical fitness score? Makes sense to me. Merit only. Could I get in that good of shape? Would I just up and die trying and failing?

Humm. Makes me wonder. No real reason why I could not try. It is not like I'm in a wheel chair or something. Also ... what I would like to see is a National Standard Physical Fitness requirement for all graduating high school kids. Like academics. You must be in shape.

Sounds good go me.

Nope. Running has always been something I struggle with. I haaaate running. I should do it more, but I don't have a @Stomper frog marching me about, yelling at me, motivating me to run despite screaming lungs, muscles, and tendons.

When I was 20 years younger I would've been able to pass it, but I had no interest in enlisting when I was 16. I did at 20, spent 1 month at Leonard Wood, about 23 days out of 30 were in the hospital, and I was quickly outprocessed and told try again in 2 years. It was ~5 years after I thought about trying again, was told I needed a waiver, and they were not doing those waivers at the time. :(

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top