JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have one? My wife has expressed an interest in a watch to monitor her general health conditions.

I can't afford an expensive watch like the Apple Watch that has tons of apps and smart phone capabilities such as music and even voice telephone. And she doesn't need it to monitor exercise, other than maybe Step Tracker. I'm thinking Heart Rate (preferably w/o chest strap) and Sleep Monitor. I see some have ECG; is that the same as Heart Monitor? SpO2 (blood oxygen levels) would be good.

More battery life is more better 😬, of course, but she charges her phone and tablet on a daily basis already so she wouldn't have trouble charging a watch daily.

Anything that meets my fairly minimal requirements for < $60? < $100?

A possibility:

Fitbit Inspire 3.

I did find a thread here from 2019, but there were only a very few responses and four years is a long time in the evolution of high tech devices.

Last Edited:
There seems to be a TON of the "smart watches" out there now. I have one made by Samsung that is about 1/3 of what many cost. I only bought it since I have Samsung phones, figured would match. It like my phone is capable of doing FAR more than I have ever learned to use it for. Now and then I use it to see how much I am doing out of curiosity more than anything. Main thing I like is if I am driving it shows he who is texting or calling me so I don't have to look at the phone. Also like being able to turn off the alarms without having to pick up the phone. Normally charge it daily when I sleep. If I forget it seems to go days before it starts to remind me. Look at a place like Amazon and you will see a ton of them with reviews and features to decide what you want.

Amazon letscom one is reliable for $30. Step tracker, sleep, and heart rate monitor. Don't know if they still make them or not. Not fancy interface, pretty basic only a few choices for watch face. About a week and a half between charges. Might be less if very bright or more functions active. Does music control on phone and receives texts etc and I didn't use any of that.

Thanks for these inputs. The Fitbit Inspire 3, from what I have read, does everything on my list and more. But, I don't necessarily want "more" and I don't want to pay for "more" if I don't have to. You have given me two alternatives that I'll look into, thanks. :cool:

I'll go chase down the Samsung and the Amazon watches.

Thanks for these inputs. The Fitbit Inspire 3, from what I have read, does everything on my list and more. But, I don't necessarily want "more" and I don't want to pay for "more" if I don't have to. You have given me two alternatives that I'll look into, thanks. :cool:
Looked at Amazon and not sold under letscom name anymore. These are the two I've had when they were named letscom. Bigger one has more features and uses more extensive phone app. Only issue I had is sometimes the band came off on big one but I used it for tough duty. Suggest any one you get research reviews to see if band comes off too easy. I did a review on it in the great deals section a long time ago I'll see if I can find. Not saying that one is any better than any other one. Just the only one I've used.

590FCF4F-009C-4398-BA95-D075DCBBC799.png
Edit: found it. Slimmer one does all the basics like Fitbit. this old review is of the bigger one only

Google search "veryfitpro" which is the name of the phone app. That will show you a lot of what they do.

Last Edited:
Great tips! I've found many watches on Amazon now under $40.

cheap fitness watches

Not sure why I didn't see these on my original survey, I suspect that sometimes Amazon shows the more expensive items first, but that might not be true. Regardless, the ones in my link support most of the functions I was looking for at a smaller price. I just need to read comments carefully to see if they are making their measurements accurately and reliably enough. Otherwise, I might spend a little more for better quality.

But at these prices I might get one for myself also, another high-tech toy to play with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top