JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well they heard on the news that you could buy a gun on the internet with no background check. So what do you expect them to do? :rolleyes:

I imagine most of them wind up pretty frustrated. I literally don't know anyone who would sell one of these idiots a gun. And I know an awful lot of gun owners.

People on here talk like if the law was gone tomorrow they would keep doing BGC's. . . Get the f outta here. I bought and sold countless guns in parking lots before SB941 was criminally pushed on the people of Oregon with no vote because of a fraudulent "emergency clause". And i have no problem going back to that freedom. What someone does with a weapon cant be stopped by a law, the sooner people come to grip with that reality, the sooner we as a society can quit wasting time with bulls-hit laws forced by politicians "looking out" for everones "best interest". if I sell a hammer and someone is killed with it later is it my fault I didnt get a bill of sale and keep it until I died... hell no, gun laws like sb941 dont help any one.

People on here talk like if the law was gone tomorrow they would keep doing BGC's. . . Get the f outta here. I bought and sold countless guns in parking lots before SB941 was criminally pushed on the people of Oregon with no vote because of a fraudulent "emergency clause". And i have no problem going back to that freedom. What someone does with a weapon cant be stopped by a law, the sooner people come to grip with that reality, the sooner we as a society can quit wasting time with bulls-hit laws forced by politicians "looking out" for everones "best interest". if I sell a hammer and someone is killed with it later is it my fault I didnt get a bill of sale and keep it until I died... hell no, gun laws like sb941 dont help any one.

If the law went away here I would gladly go back to buying and selling face to face. When I did, I did make up a bill of sale and keep it for me. What I was doing was not illegal I just did not want to deal with the hassle if years later one I had papered to me ended up at a crime. When I bought from someone else I asked for a bill of sale for the same reason. If it turned out to be stolen I knew I would be out what I paid. I would also be able to show I did pay for the gun. Made me feel better. I do miss the private sales as I could get my money back if I bought some gun then later did not like it. Now days if I do that I have to expect to take a hit.

True. I called around and was going to meet in Vancouver but he was 19 so I told him he wasn't old enough to buy a handgun. His response was "Legally...."
You could always agree to meet and provide the address of the local police station.

Of course he has your phone number and there is a lot someone with that can do to make your life miserable but this guy doesn't sound anywhere near creative enough to post an explicit craigs list personal requesting dirty calls after midnight claiming you like to act like you're innocent but really you love it when people talk dirty.

You could always agree to meet and provide the address of the local police station.

Of course he has your phone number and there is a lot someone with that can do to make your life miserable but this guy doesn't sound anywhere near creative enough to post an explicit craigs list personal requesting dirty calls after midnight claiming you like to act like you're innocent but really you love it when people talk dirty.
A burner phone is $1o at walmart.

I'm not a fan of having a BGC for private sales.
I'm fairly certain that most criminals steal their guns or buy them on the black-market ... rather than buy them at a show , through a ad or from a shop.
Have criminals bought a gun through a private sale?
Of course ... Just not enough to warrant making BGC's mandatory for every private sale.
The mandatory BGC might even have made more criminals , by having folks not comply with the new law.
I am also fairly certain that many gun transactions are still being done by trusted friends without a BGC.

As for folks coming right out and saying " I will not comply and I did a gun sale without a BGC.."
Well I was thinking that a big point of breaking a law is to get away with it.
Might be hard to get away with it if you go around bragging about it...
Also , at least on this forum , the forum terms state that there will be no advocating of illegal activity.
I like it here and have no desire to be banned.
Andy

True. I called around and was going to meet in Vancouver but he was 19 so I told him he wasn't old enough to buy a handgun. His response was "Legally...."

This can be taken more than one way.
#1, Of course, he could be a loser that won't ever be able to buy a firearm,
#2 in Oregon a person age 18-20 may legally own a handgun, However, a person that age can not buy one from an FFL, but a private party, face-to-face sale was legal. Gifting from the family was also legal.
I would be interested in knowing if the background check law has made a backdoor prohibition for 18-20 year olds when it comes to owning handguns.

I am also fairly certain that many gun transactions are still being done by trusted friends without a BGC.

As for folks coming right out and saying " I will not comply and I did a gun sale without a BGC.."
Well I was thinking that a big point of breaking a law is to get away with it.
Might be hard to get away with it if you go around bragging about it...
Also , at least on this forum , the forum terms state that there will be no advocating of illegal activity.
I like it here and have no desire to be banned.
Andy

It's not a secret if you tell someone about it.

This can be taken more than one way.
#1, Of course, he could be a loser that won't ever be able to buy a firearm,
#2 in Oregon a person age 18-20 may legally own a handgun, However, a person that age can not buy one from an FFL, but a private party, face-to-face sale was legal. Gifting from the family was also legal.
I would be interested in knowing if the background check law has made a backdoor prohibition for 18-20 year olds when it comes to owning handguns.
You know that most FFLs don't know this right? Most will tell you you need to be 21 to 'own' a handgun. So I would guess that most FFLs wouldn't do the transfer.
Now that is just taking away a right from younger folks.
As far as the receipts for sales or not,prior to the laws,the court has absolutely no recourse at all if you don't have a receipt.
Wa laws did not state any restrictions. Maybe they did have the atf 'known felon' clause in there but I may be mixing that up.
So what would they do to you?
Ask you who you sold it to?
I don't remember and I didn't have to take names per state laws.
Were they a felon?
Not to my knowledge. State law does not say I have to ask.
So this can go on for do you have a receipt,what state was the buyer from,did you ask for ID,and on and on.
State law did not say you had to have any of these things so per state law they have no recourse.

In context of the OP....

I'll bet Darwin would be blown away that his theory of "the process of natural selection" would adapt to the point that it THRIVES in a parallel electronic virtual world... to REAL, ACTUAL dummies doing what dummies do!

:rolleyes:

Any ideology, religion, societal structure, or financial system can be made to look GREAT on paper... but like I tell every idealistic young'un that tries to "argue" the "latest-greatest" with me, people are ALWAYS the "monkey in the wrench" and bubblegum it all up for everyone else.

o_O

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR