JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like a lot of people who preach "Live Free or Die" don't really follow their advice.

Truly... life a free man or shut your pie hole. Not everyone conforms. Those who live on the edge are the ones who DGAF about laws that make no difference in society.

I was speeding today (65 in a 55). I didn't have my child in school today.

Letter of the law vs intent of the law.

I admit to no wrongdoing and I'll say I've followed all sane laws, but I was speeding and I drove a car with expired tags for a week.

(Exception is and always will be cross state lines)

Last Edited:
I have done a lot of good business on Armslist, I usually post on both at the same time, but this Glock has had a bunch of people mostly from Washington trying to get me to sell it to them directly. One guy tried to convince me that he will not carry it and keep it in the case at home "I promise" he tells me. Like that changes anything. o_O

I have done a lot of good business on Armslist, I usually post on both at the same time, but this Glock has had a bunch of people mostly from Washington trying to get me to sell it to them directly. One guy tried to convince me that he will not carry it and keep it in the case at home "I promise" he tells me. Like that changes anything. o_O
Back in 2005, I had a HK USP Tactical for sale. One guy was all over it, pestering me to "come up to Washington and sell it to him." Washington, as in Vancouver. I didn't know laws, but thought a handgun across state lines was illegal, so I said, "come to Oregon and meet me in a gun shop." He would refuse, and say, "no, you gotta come up here and I'll give you $1,200 for it, cash money." Thought about guys I knew growing up, and thought, never a good idea to sell an ex-con a gun.

I heard there was a proposal for CHL holders to be able to sell directly to each other. That would be logical since we have already done background checks.

Last Edited:
I too would not risk this for a few hundred bucks....

but I will say the attitude certainly has changed, last year everyone was puffing up their chest and screaming I will not comply

liberal progressive state, liberal progressive gun owners, accepting more liberal progressive anti gun laws

just sayin:rolleyes:

Sb941 needs removed via an emergency clause.
I actually had a close friend denied by the state, they said he was behind on child support. He does not have kids. Its a flawed system foreshore.

If you bring a handgun to an FFL in Oregon, they have to ship to an FFL in WA. So by the time I pay shipping, my FFL's fee, and I think in this case sales tax, what could have been a good deal for both sides becomes not worth it for me.

But it is legal for you to bring it from OR to my WA FFL. Then I pay you cash for the gun and $25 to my FFL for the background check and paperwork. So if I ask you if you are willing to bring it to WA, it is not because I am trying to skirt the law.

I too would not risk this for a few hundred bucks....

but I will say the attitude certainly has changed, last year everyone was puffing up their chest and screaming I will not comply

liberal progressive state, liberal progressive gun owners, accepting more liberal progressive anti gun laws

just sayin:rolleyes:

I have a feeling many are not complying, they just haven't remained vocal about it. Blabbing about your intent to break the law on a public forum may just get your some attention you don't want. Instead, I think the folks that don't want to comply, simply don't comply and go on with their lives. I honestly don't know if there is much value to actually talking about it - if you don't want to comply, don't.

Not complying and selling to someone baiting me online from another state is a little different.

All of us most likely from time to time "scoff" at some law. The OP is dead on. There is scoff at the law, and then there is go out of your way to try to end up in trouble. When I was young I played fast and lose with a lot of gun law. We did not have social media then. If we had I like to think I would have been smart enough to not go out of my way to tell strangers what I was doing. Chances are the requests were just someone who could not buy a gun or was wanting one with no paper trail. Selling to some total stranger this way though is right up there with the people who commit a crime and post themselves on facebook doing so.

If you bring a handgun to an FFL in Oregon, they have to ship to an FFL in WA. So by the time I pay shipping, my FFL's fee, and I think in this case sales tax, what could have been a good deal for both sides becomes not worth it for me.

But it is legal for you to bring it from OR to my WA FFL. Then I pay you cash for the gun and $25 to my FFL for the background check and paperwork. So if I ask you if you are willing to bring it to WA, it is not because I am trying to skirt the law.
Good to know. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has heard about anyone getting busted by a sting ???

No not yet. It's not a sting I would worry about. It's the gun ending up in a crime months or years from now. When I used to sell I would tell buyer. You need to show me you are a resident of this state and I will be providing a bill of sale. This was for me. So if years from now the gun ended up at a crime and they came to me. I could show them when and who I sold it to. If you do this knowing you violated the law, well don't know if they would go after you or not. I know I don't want to be the test case.

True. I called around and was going to meet in Vancouver but he was 19 so I told him he wasn't old enough to buy a handgun. His response was "Legally...."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top