JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

This was apparently an update from three hours ago, and still not much info. I do find the silence loud though in respect to the lack of details. I believe this occurred several days ago and think there should be far more info available.
It's a tragedy that whatever it was, it came to this.

Capital punishment for what? The story in the related article sounds like crap the cop made up. I know where San Clemente HS is, definitly not a crime area. There is no rhyme or reason for this incident, no one will be held accountable, the police and prosecutors office will lock step behind this *** and back him up. Anyone else would be locked up awaiting trial or the grand jury, this puke gets a paid vacation. Well, he killed a black man, maybe he can laterally transfer to L.A. now where the real action is.

Deputy killed Marine to protect the man's daughters, official says - latimes.com

Another story in a link below the initial post link;

About 4:30 a.m. on the day of the shooting, the deputy was doing paperwork inside his car near San Clemente High School when he said he saw Loggins driving a white Yukon at an "unsafe, high rate of speed" into the school parking lot, Amormino said.

The SUV, according to Amormino, crashed through a locked gate and the deputy pulled in behind him.

Loggins walked onto the football field, and about three to four deputies arrived to set up a perimeter, Amormino said. The deputies said they lost sight of Loggins for about five minutes, and when he reappeared, he walked toward the car and climbed inside, ignoring deputies' commands, Amormino said.

Amormino said that Loggins made statements to the deputy before he was shot. He would not elaborate.

This makes sense.. they likely did not make a brain cavity shot unless he was acting crazy and not obeying their lawful orders. Time will tell but who would let an apparent madman continue such a rampage with children involved, if true?

As a side note I have started a bookmark folder of recent vets who have lost their noodles and gone off. Remember our recent Ranier Park shooter who killed the female Park Ranger after shooting multiple other folks?

If its a bad shoot, the Officer needs to go thru the justice system like anyone...but still way too early to say what really happened.

Too much media hype, and not enough facts.

Well if it's anything like Arizona that cop won't even get a slap on the wrist, he'll just hafta move to a new state & it'll be just like it never happened--He was just doing his job donchaknow

This Youtube channel seems to be agenda driven, and I am skeptical of the accuracy of the commentator.

Still It states some otherwise unreported circumstances of the shooting. The interesting one being that the LEO shooter said originally he shot in self defense, then changed it to defense of the girls. Also mentions the marine was shot in the back at least once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really getting tired of people defending someone because he is a vet.Our military is made up of very good people and some that went in or go to jail.Always been that way.Just because he was an ex or always , a marine doesn't mean he can't kill an innocent person.
Was he in a divorce battle? Did his wife leave him when he was in theater?
Heck ,out at Fort Lewis a few years back,a soldier had not been paid correctly and pointed a gun at the teller. Just over pay.

I have talked to lots of guys who had some deep problems after they came home.Some have no problem killen folk.

So many do this every time it happens.Remember ,if he had seen battle,he knew better than to not listen to the guy with the gun.

Gentlemen pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Lets keep it civil.

Would love to get my hot little hands on the facts of this one.

Since it just happened, it may take some doing...but will see what I can do.

Awesome! Another worthless cop gets away with murder! Unbelievable that you can strap on a gun and pin on a badge and do whatever the flip you want! What a sad and screwed up country we have become! Pathetic!

Oh and for all the badge supporters out there? I have NEVER had a pleasant, positive or polite exchange with an "officer of the law"! I am not a hippy, I dress well, I have ALWAYS made an effort to be polite and to try and answer all their questions. Never have I yelled at a cop, caused a disturbance or been found of ANY provoking action. So when I hear that most cops are good and there are just a "few" bad apples I call BS! Its a load of garbage and I am sick and tired of hearing this crap over and over! I can sit hear with a clear conscience and know that I have always behaved in a professional manner when being harassed.
So lets bring on the, you must have provoked it, you instigated the problem, you escalated the situation! Always has to be the my fault and NEVER the cops because they always have a good reason for being a jerkoff!

Oh and for all the badge supporters out there? I have NEVER had a pleasant, positive or polite exchange with an "officer of the law"! I am not a hippy, I dress well, I have ALWAYS made an effort to be polite and to try and answer all their questions. Never have I yelled at a cop, caused a disturbance or been found of ANY provoking action. So when I hear that most cops are good and there are just a "few" bad apples I call BS! Its a load of garbage and I am sick and tired of hearing this crap over and over! I can sit hear with a clear conscience and know that I have always behaved in a professional manner when being harassed.
So lets bring on the, you must have provoked it, you instigated the problem, you escalated the situation! Always has to be the my fault and NEVER the cops because they always have a good reason for being a jerkoff!

Well it just so happens that the poster before you is a sworn officer... and while I don't know him personally all that well, I've trained with him, and interacted with him on this board and another for several years, and aside from him stealing everyone's brass after a shoot one time, as far as I can tell he's a genuine human being. Libertarian, civil-rights oriented, and serving for the purpose of serving and protecting, not personal sadistic gratification. You don't find them in the big cities... but you'll find them out there working for smaller, isolated departments where all this wacky "officer safety" bullbubblegum is kept in check and the individual officers consider themselves PART of their communities, not men APART. My local Saint Helens PD seems to be a bunch of great people as well- same strain. Just down-home guys who love to HELP and make their town a great place to live.

But don't get me wrong... I'm basically with you... I have no great love for modern law-enforcement as it's generally employed. City and otherwise urban departments are bubbleguming ridiculous. Having spent almost 4 years of my life studying LE, and slow, over the course of those 4 years, observing patterns in behavior and personality flaws in cop after cop after cop that I rode with, my STRONG desire to be a cop waned, and morphed into a pretty strong resentment for their existence. I think we need "law enforcement" in this society, but I do NOT think us peon "civilians" (even though cops are every bit as civilian as those they refer to as civilians) are too dangerous, untrustworthy, or stupid to pretty much police ourselves. We do NOT need cops out there on patrol all over the effing place making sure everyone toes-the-line, issuing speeding tickets and frequently subconsciously trying to instigate more excitement into their boring routines by screwing over otherwise decent folks.

This guy might have been behaving badly for minute. Everyone has at LEAST one moment in their life when the hit their personal low, or breaking point, or their give-a-damn slips out of gear. If that person should encounter cops at that moment, God be with them. A person should NEVER die over it, though.. and here lies the problem with cops who shoot people from a perception of "another dirt bag doing dirty deeds." bubblegum that- this Marine might have been a dirt-bag, but he was probably just a dude temporarily off his rocker. You've GOT to give people the benefit of the doubt.

As to shooting him to "protect" the children? You can buy that if you want. But I think it's a lot more along the lines of "this guy's big, mean looking, behaving in a way that I can articulate is strange, belligerent, and potentially dangerous, and he's NOT DOING WHAT I TOLD HIM TO DO... HIS fault..." boom, boom, boom.

It may be just me jack, but you do seem have an issue with them. I wont begin to attempt to try and figure out what it is, as I don't know you at all, and could honestly give to craps less. Your opinion is your opinion, period. As you have, I also have had some bad dealings with some LEO,s, but to broad brush paint them all is flat out wrong. I have had many good experiences with them as well. I have had situations with folks drowning in a rig turned upside down in a rain swollen river off the Salmon river, where it was just me, them, and their three kids until help showed in the form of that "jerkoff" wearing the badge. Did he know them? did he have anything to gain? Nope, just there as a fellow human being. Another one off the coast of Garabaldi, me, trying to help a man and three young kids that were in deep kimshi and stuck in a rip current, not long for the world my friend. Between the LEO that responded and myself we saved the kids, lost the dad. Your right, he must have been a bastard too. Perhaps you should go back and read your post jack, additude my friend is everything.
I personally know a few that would stop a bullet for me, as I would them, and none of us are related, but then again,, their just jerkoffs. JOHN

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top